Thread: Diet plans (recomendations)

Wannabebig New Member

Diet plans (recomendations)

Hey so I posted on the Anabolic page looking for advice on that & was served with I could & should work my way up a bit more with natural & intake way more carbs.

Now here is my problem I am very very <<< new to dieting & lifting but have a goal of being massive.
    Now I like to eat alot of things like Pasta,Oatmeal,subs,shreddies love tommatoes really enjoy salads.

I do I would say every 6 days have fast food. and what I mean by that is like at a pub or restruant I will have chicken strips with fries... but other than that I am not a huge fan of any mcdonalds or any other crap like that.

I do like chicken,turkey etc.

here is my thing I also not sure how to count calerios is it as easy as 1,2,3 ?
    I am 5,11 20 years old last time I weighed 155 I believe. my goal is 185-200 (to me the only way seems is Steroids) but I was told to hold off and do it by taking in way more calories.

now can any one help me out at all of a gameplan ?

much thanks
    Devon J

here is my thing I also not sure how to count calerios is it as easy as 1,2,3 ?
    Pretty much. Anything that comes in a box, tin, packet etc will have the nutritional info on the packaging. For anything that doesn't the info can be found on websites like www.fitday.com or www.calorieking.com.au. These websites are also very useful for tracking your caloies.

I am 5,11 20 years old last time I weighed 155 I believe. my goal is 185-200 (to me the only way seems is Steroids) but I was told to hold off and do it by taking in way more calories.
    I'm certain that you can gain 30-40 pounds without using steroids.

now can any one help me out at all of a gameplan ?
    Read the stickies on this website. Pick a proven beginner routine. Eat lots. Lift heavy.
    Last edited by tom183; 07-26-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Banned
    1. Stop eating Cheerios and skim milk, your body does not make a lot of cholesterol and 22 is fine.
    2.Toast pnut and win a great choice ... Someone like filler. Protein Shake would be nice to themselves. Perhaps the piece of fruit.
    3 = hell .. Metro Your not going to cut that food. Need a couple of chicken breasts here, a bit of vegetables. Or lean ham, hamburger, meat or fish. There is nothing better then any of the house. If you have a fast food choose salads with tuna or chickn on almost all cheeses, dressing fat free low.

Quote Originally Posted by harveyjerry View Post
    1. Stop eating Cheerios and skim milk, your body does not make a lot of cholesterol and 22 is fine.
    2.Toast pnut and win a great choice ... Someone like filler. Protein Shake would be nice to themselves. Perhaps the piece of fruit.
    3 = hell .. Metro Your not going to cut that food. Need a couple of chicken breasts here, a bit of vegetables. Or lean ham, hamburger, meat or fish. There is nothing better then any of the house. If you have a fast food choose salads with tuna or chickn on almost all cheeses, dressing fat free low.
    Huh?

O.P. There are a multitude of stickies on the subject you just have to put in the research. As someone who is just getting into lifting that amount of mass shouldn't be too terribly hard to gain. Just put in the time, effort and calories.

Quote Originally Posted by harveyjerry View Post
    Rofl.

I would suggest finding a target body weight you want to acheive. Say its 200lbs then multiply that by your activity level(12 - normal, 14 - moderate, 16 high, etc), say its a 14. So your target caloric intake to achieve 200 lbs would be 2800 calories.

Once you know how many calories you need per day to hit your target weight it is very easy to track them.

Use some type of tracking software to make it easier. I Track mine at at www.fitday.com, it's free and very user friendly. Most foods list their nutrion on a nutrion label on the back.

Or you could just go on a bulking diet, where you are eating a big surplus of calories. Say an upwards of 3500-4000. This will bulk you up pretty quick, but becareful because sometimes it's hard to get away from just eating everything in sight once you hit your target weight.

Check the nutrion section of this site for articles on the issue.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depotman View Post
    Rofl.

I would suggest finding a target body weight you want to acheive. Say its 200lbs then multiply that by your activity level(12 - normal, 14 - moderate, 16 high, etc), say its a 14. So your target caloric intake to achieve 200 lbs would be 2800 calories.

Once you know how many calories you need per day to hit your target weight it is very easy to track them.

Use some type of tracking software to make it easier. I Track mine at at www.fitday.com, it's free and very user friendly. Most foods list their nutrion on a nutrion label on the back.

Or you could just go on a bulking diet, where you are eating a big surplus of calories. Say an upwards of 3500-4000. This will bulk you up pretty quick, but becareful because sometimes it's hard to get away from just eating everything in sight once you hit your target weight.

Check the nutrion section of this site for articles on the issue.
    Thank you every one for all your input... I will definetly have some reading on my hands & will read over the stickys.
    I really apreciate the info passed on. my goal is 200lbs so I will try to get a diet plan sorted out as soon as possible & start to count my calories (very excited)

Wannabebig Member
    Once you know how many calories you need per day to reach your goal weight, it is very easy to follow. Need a few chicken breasts here, a few vegetables. If you have a choice of fast food or tuna salads almost all chicken cheese dressing low fat free. As someone who has just entered the lift that amount of mass should not be too terribly difficult to win.