Thread: Down to 8% bodyfat with MAX OT

Wannabebig Member

Down to 8% bodyfat with MAX OT

Hi,

after not getting an answer in the other bodybuilding forum i decided to talk about my plan here, too.
    I'm training for one year now and I decided to do a diet. I'm 1,80 big and 93 kilo heavy.
    I'm having a big belly and a wide waist which makes my body look like a "X" instead of a "V".
    Now I decided to get rid of this fat and do a diet. I would have done a diet earlier if I knew
    about the MAX-OT training. I've watched the DVD "I want to look like that guy".

Why I didn't do a diet earlier is because I was afraid of losing muscles and strength.
    Everybody keept telling me that you always lose muscles if you do a diet.
    This documentary showed the opposite though. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, I don't
    know. I still want to try it now and see if I can have a good result in the end, too.

This guy transformed unbelieveable... My goal isn't bodyfat of 6% though, I would maximum go to 8% as I'm not planning to go on stage.
    Of course 8% will be tough for me too, but whenever I wanted to achieve something in my life I achieved it. So I will take this challenge.

I already wrote down the diet plan of the guy though I probably need to change some things as I'm heaving a different weight as he had.

Anyways, I also got following supplements so far:

Glutamine
    Creatin
    Beta-Alanin
    Whey

I don't want to spend more money on supplements. I think thats enough especially for my age.

Has anyone got the exact trainingplan of this person by the way? If not I'll just follow the
    classic MAX-OT 5-split.

Anyways, has anyone else tried something similar yet? And what can I expect? I do not want to build huge tons of muscles during the diet.
    I simply want to put on some more grams while burning down the fat.

On the official MAX-OT site it says to start with a 150 calorie deficite as far as I know so I'm wondering why the guy in the video starts with 2500-2600 calories which is a deficit about 400-600 depending on his weight.
    This kinda confuses me. Anyways, I guess I should follow whats told by Jeff.

Another thing:
    Is it unhealthy to go down to 8% bodyfat with the age of 18? I guess my bodyfat is around
    18-21 atm. I will post a photo of myself the next days when I find my camera.

Strength datas (1 RM):

Benchpress: 198 lbs (90 kilo)
    Deadlift: 267 lbs (120 kilo)
    Squats*: 253 lbs (115 kilo)
    * Hack Squats with the barbell behind your back, I have chronical backpain and can't do normal squats.

I hope I can increase the strength also during the diet especially since I'm doing such great progress now...

Cheers

I'll answer the questions first that I do understand.

No it is not unhealthy to get down to 8% Body fat. Normally 8% is the starting point of having a 6-pack. 3% is usually what bodybuilders get down to when they're competing, and that can be dangerous to sustain for too long.

Regarding the caloric deficit, normally people try to cut down 500 calories from their BMR (resting caloric burn rate) More than that and you risk losing muscle. That being said, you're always going to lose a bit of muscle if you're in a deficit too long. It's just how much and the rate is what will vary. What you saw about someone gaining muscle and losing fat was more if you're a beginner to weight training. You can gain muscle to a point and lose fat tat the same time, but eventually it will balance out and you won't be able to do both simultaneously.

Regarding the MAX-OT workout, there's numerous ones out there, so I don't know which one you're looking at. In theory they would work though.....but there's lots of tested routines that are available here.

Wannabebig Member
    Hello Coqui,

thanks for your answer.

Well according to the MAX-OT FAQ it is possible to gain muscles and fat generally, not just for beginners.
    Anyways, I'm happy enough if i can increase my weights during the next months.

I'm looking for the exact MAX-OT workout that Stuart MacDonald used in the documentary.
    I want to follow the things shown in the video 99% to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong.
    So if anyone has the original workout, let me know please

I have one more question. I will consuming most of my proteins during this diet from proteins, especially from Whey. Now the problem is that my Whey protein has alot of vitamines...

So I will be consuming:

600% Vitamine C
    600% Niacin
    600% Vitamine E
    600% Pantothenic Acid
    600% Vitamine B6
    600% Vitamine B2
    600% Vitamine B1
    600% Folic Acid
    600% Biotine
    600% Vitamine B12

It also has alot of BCAAs.

Is this amount of vitamines dangerous in any way? 600% is alot.. I may need to change my protein intake if so.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang92 View Post
    Hello Coqui,

thanks for your answer.

Well according to the MAX-OT FAQ it is possible to gain muscles and fat generally, not just for beginners.
    Anyways, I'm happy enough if i can increase my weights during the next months.

I'm looking for the exact MAX-OT workout that Stuart MacDonald used in the documentary.
    I want to follow the things shown in the video 99% to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong.
    So if anyone has the original workout, let me know please

I have one more question. I will consuming most of my proteins during this diet from proteins, especially from Whey. Now the problem is that my Whey protein has alot of vitamines...

So I will be consuming:

600% Vitamine C
    600% Niacin
    600% Vitamine E
    600% Pantothenic Acid
    600% Vitamine B6
    600% Vitamine B2
    600% Vitamine B1
    600% Folic Acid
    600% Biotine
    600% Vitamine B12

It also has alot of BCAAs.

Is this amount of vitamines dangerous in any way? 600% is alot.. I may need to change my protein intake if so.

Several of those vitamins can be dangerous if taken in high amounts. For example high amounts of B6 can lead to permanent nerve damage.

I'd scale back on the vitamins.

Wannabebig Member
    I actually like the MAX OT program for what it is. If i am correct that is Skip La Cour's product. Looks intense especially the MAX OT cardio. Good Luck with it