Thread: so would be a beginner or an intermediate?

so would be a beginner or an intermediate?

Hi, would i be a beginner or an intermediate? i have been traning for about 3 and half years on and off mostlly doing 4 day spilt routines sinice i started, have but on a bit of size since i started but have been the same for the last year and a half i was woundering is this maybe because i went stright into a spilt routine and never did a 12 week beginner routine for example, so would this be the caus of it or would it be down to my diet?

There are many possible answers. You have covered the two main ones; diet and routine selection.
    Other possibilities include progression scheme, exercise selection, and recovery.

You are considered a beginner as long as you can make linear progression on a good routine.

Most beginners make the mistake of jumping into a routine that is beyond their level because all the bodybuilders and magazines say it the right way to do it. You are not alone. My advice is to spend some time with a good routine and treat yourself like a beginner. It will be the fastest way to go, even if you have four years under your belt.
    Last edited by Off Road; 08-25-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I'm kind of in the same boat. I had huge strength and size gains in the first year, and this past year have made absolutely jack for progress. Looking from the outside, trying to see what I would recommend to someone else (I give advice better than take it) I realized aside from a couple nagging injuries my diet sucks, my consistency sticking with one routine sucks, and not being able to squat or dead I think sucks too. So I took a few steps back, deloaded, got my diet back on track and started the deads and squats again.... So far, there has been no pain, knock on wood. I'm looking forward to the next 20 lbs of bulk. Get in my belly!
    "There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." --James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

off road thanks for th reply , would you think a spilt routine ( 4 or 5 day 1/2 body parts a day) or a whole body routine like 3 dys a week, day 1 upper day 2 lower and so on.

i was thinking about doing a four day spilt over 10 weeks for bulkinging up and eating about 3500-4000 cals a day, going at 2,1,2 tempo what would you recommend?thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I had huge strength and size gains in the first year, and this past year have made absolutely jack for progress. Looking from the outside, trying to see what I would recommend to someone else (I give advice better than take it) I realized aside from a couple nagging injuries my diet sucks, my consistency sticking with one routine sucks, and not being able to squat or dead I think sucks too. So I took a few steps back, deloaded, got my diet back on track and started the deads and squats again.... So far, there has been no pain, knock on wood. I'm looking forward to the next 20 lbs of bulk. Get in my belly!
    i allso have a few injuries but i can do squats my legs are the only part of me that makeing gaines is this work for you so far are you makeing much gain off it