The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Read the book, Found my maxes, Got my RESULTS...5/3/1 here I come!!!

Starting Monday! I hadn't maxed in while and I haven't focused on any of the major lifts (Bench, DL, Squat) in a while. I last benched heavy over a year ago. It's been about 4 years since I did heavy DL, and squat...well, lets just say it's been a looooong time. I have been training, just not focusing on strength training. More dumbbell and general fitness work. I have a solid foundation in strength training though, which is why I chose 5/3/1 over HCT-12.

My stats:
    Ht: 6'0"
    BW: 235
    My 1RM were decent...BP = 325; DL = 435; Squat = 335.
    My goals are to Bench and Squat over 400 and DL over 500. I used to bench about 420 and DL right at 495, so I know it's doable.

I've got a starting point and got my order of Results (2 months supply) today. Ready to hit Wendler's program head on!

thanks for all the help fellas. I'll keep you posted.

TX
    Last edited by TXFatboy; 08-26-2010 at 09:21 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Awesome! Welcome to the 5-3-1 club. If you ever need any help with it, LMK. I've ran it for about a year now

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post
    Awesome! Welcome to the 5-3-1 club. If you ever need any help with it, LMK. I've ran it for about a year now
    Went in to the gym today to find out my max on Shoulder Press. I topped out at 205 for 1 rep. Not too bad, but would love to see that number up around 250. Started taking Results last night, so now just going to rest over the weekend and hit the gym with a vengence on Monday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TXFatboy View Post
    Went in to the gym today to find out my max on Shoulder Press. I topped out at 205 for 1 rep. Not too bad, but would love to see that number up around 250. Started taking Results last night, so now just going to rest over the weekend and hit the gym with a vengence on Monday.
    that is sick, is that 1RM standing OH Press or push press? I know a few strongmen that use 5-3-1 and use the push press as a main movement instead of the strict barbell OH press

Wannabebig Member
    That's pretty strict OH press. I tried not to use too much leg getting started. Although I cheated a bit on 215 (more of a push press) and still missed it. Oh well.