Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5x5 routine

bone crusher
    Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Unless it breaks down more tissue than can be repaired with the limited nutrients.
    I agree, in this case then it would not be maximizing hypertrophy.
    I like what belial metioned about lower sets, lower reps to maintain strength and use of maximum weight while still allowing for recovery under limited resources.

That's always been my philosophy.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I limited my reps to 5 the second time I tired cutting as opposed to 12 reps the first time. Incredible difference in maintaining muscle and actually gaining strength.

Thank you everyone for their suggestions. I appreciate that. I will go with the 5x5 and see how it goes. If results are favorable then I will keep it and if not then change it around or drop it completely and try a different routine. I'm confident this routine will give me the results I'm after. Here it is...

Day1:
    A1:Incline Hammer Bench
    A2: Dec.Db Bench
    A1:Skulls
    A2:BB curls

Day2: OFF

Day3:
    A1:Squat
    A2: Sumo Deadlift
    A1: Shoulder Press
    A2: Calf Raise

Day4: OFF

Day5:
    A1: Pullup
    A2: Shrug
    A1: Row
    A2: Reverse Curl

Day6: OFF

Day7: Start over!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Viele Gluck!