Thread: Help needed with my upper/lower split

Help needed with my upper/lower split

Hey guys im going to start with some basic information i am a freshman in high school, and i will be working with a partner. We are both 14 years old and lift at our high school. The gym here has everything Power racks, Platforms, pull up bars, machines, hex bars, a field house for running, kettlebells, You think it we have it! my ruitnee im thinking wil be like this.

Monday wensday and friday Upper
    Flat Bench press 5x5
    weighted dips 5x5 or tricep extensions 4x15 beacuse my partner cant do dips
    dumb bell incline press 3x8-10
    Barbell curls 3x10-15
    Chin ups 4xFailure
    Dead Lift 5x5

Tuesday
    Over head Squats 5x5
    Front Squats 5x5
    Weighted situps 3x50
    Hypers 2x50 weighted
    Leg press 3x8

Wensday
    Flat Bench 5x5
    dumbell flys 3x10
    Weightd dips 5x5 or Tricep pushdowns 3x15
    Dumbell Press 3x10
    Chin ups 4xFailure
    Dead Lifts 5x5

Thursday
    Over head Squats 5x5
    Front Squats 5x5
    Weighted situps 3x50
    Hypers 2x50 weighted
    Leg press 3x8

Friday
    Flat Bench press 5x5
    weighted dips 5x5 or tricep extensions 4x15 beacuse my partner cant do dips
    dumb bell incline press 3x8-10
    Barbell curls 3x10-15
    Chin ups 4xFailure
    Dead Lift 5x5

This will be the ruitnee there will also be sprints a few times a week i think my split is ok but it has work to be done on it what do you guys think?
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

That's a horrible routine. You are squatting or deadlifting EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. Do some reading here and find yourself a good premade routine like Starting Strength, Hardgainer, or HCT-12.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

^--Agreed. There's a lot of good exercises in there but its just way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    That's a horrible routine. You are squatting or deadlifting EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. Do some reading here and find yourself a good premade routine like Starting Strength, Hardgainer, or HCT-12.
    oh yeah your right sory i was trying to make it so we can get a new PR with every workout that way do you think i should add dead lifts to my lower body day?
    Bench Press 245x1
    Back Squat 225x3 (ATG)
    Dead lift 275x1
    Clean 185x2

_________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

As a young man just starting out and involved in football I can understand your enthusiasm to do the perfect program and use all the great gym equipment at your disposal. But you need to learn now that there is no perfect program, only lots of variations on a theme (same exercises to choose from, same rough set and rep schemes at least for the good programs) and it isn't which variation you choose that'll give you the best results, it's the one you commit to and consistently eat and train accordingly that'll get you to a physique you'd scarcely believe possible.
    Learn this now, commit to it and at 18 you'll have a physique most 20yr olds think is out of reach, possible only through drug use/supplement xyx etc - you'll be way ahead of the curve.

Mess around with different variations every few weeks and you will be that clueless 20yr old. You posted quite a few times in the last couple months, tried HCT-12, then a combo fo coach prescribed training and HCT-12, then asked about 5/3/1 and now this.

Pick a solid program, Starting Strength whatever and commit to it. At 14 you have no fears of stalling/hitting a plateau etc you don't need to worry about variation/periodisation or any of the other stuff that most casual lifters obsess about unecessarily, you're still growing! Maximise your chances of making significant and permanent changes to your physique, by eating and training consistently now.
    Last edited by Daniel Roberts; 09-02-2010 at 07:27 AM.

And so that the message is well and truly rammed home read OR's post above -

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...1-1-whole-year

Once again, Daniel gets to thye heart of the problem. I posted this in the main forum but it is mostly meant for you to read...

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35#post2374835
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker 1995 View Post
    oh yeah your right sory i was trying to make it so we can get a new PR with every workout that way do you think i should add dead lifts to my lower body day?

Shooting for a new PR EVERY workout is a sure-fire way to injure yourself. Bodybuilding/weightlifting is a marathon not a sprint. It takes time to develop a good physique and training for a PR every workout will only overtrain you...if you don't hurt yourself first.

Dr. Subtotal
    You got the right attitude as far as having actual lifts in your routine, rather than being a typical bench and curl monkey for 14 lol.

Run starting strength and time your conditioning for football accordingly. At 14, besides eating like crazy and doing GOMAD, you'll get nice linear gains for a while. Work your form hard, don't be too overanxious to max every week, and have fun. When SS runs through, move onto 5x5 Madcows. Run that into the ground. You'll be so far ahead of other people around your age (most of them will have garbage form and terrible programs).
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...