A long time ago in a galaxy far far away .... oh. Wrong movie.

Some of you know me, and those of you who don't, soon will.

In another life on WBB, I was known as the hobbit that could. Unfortunately, because of some financial difficulties, I haven't been lifting for quite a while. Three years to be exact. I used to weigh 175 ... not big by this board's standards, but given that I'm also HIV+ and started out at 135, pretty good if I do say so myself.

Next week will be the final installment on a $21,000 loan that I've been repaying for quite some time and it can't come soon enough! I'm about two weeks to a month away from rejoining a gym ... I could do it next week but I have some $$$ things that need to get squared away first.

I'll be ordering Starting Strength (the book and the DVD) shortly. Because I've been inactive for so long, I might as well be considered a beginner at this point. It'll do me some good to have some resources at my fingertips though. I also need to get reacquainted with some of the material on this site.

This journal will serve as a record of my lifts and also a photo record of my progression. For ****s and giggles, I weighed myself a few minutes ago. The good news is I'm 154. I also did a set of bodyweight squats. At least I haven't forgotten form. The bad news is my thighs want to know "who are you and what did you do to Focused?"

By this time next year, I will be 175 -- weight gain is easy on the SeeFood diet -- but whether I'll be able to bench 100 lbs. is another story altogether. I'm looking forward to it, in any event.