The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Completely Worn Out...

About a month and a half ago, I went from an extremely high volume routine to a somewhat smaller volume, higher intesity routine. Within 3 weeks I didn't even want to go to the gym anymore. I felt horrible, like all the energy was drained out of me. In fact, I've probably only worked out 4 days in the past two weeks, which makes me feel guilty, but not guilty enough. I was just wondering if anyone else gets like this. I hate it, but I'm in a rut or something. What do I do to get out of this? I'm going to FORCE myself to go this evening, but I don't want my workouts to be something that I make myself do.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    hmm
    what's your routine?

You're overtrained. Take some time off.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    You can start out by saying we told you so.

Next up: eat and rest. Then start back up on a better organized program that suits your needs/goals.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Well, I've pretty much taken off the past two weeks. I'm starting to feel the urge again. My routine is in my journal. It would be much easier to look at that than have me type it out. It's more detailed in the pics.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, LATMAN. I hear you. I guess I won't be doing that Arnold Advance Split routine anytime soon.

Re: Completely Worn Out...

Originally posted by Shamik
    I hate it, but I'm in a rut or something. What do I do to get out of this?
    Suck it up and lift. Make yourself do it and see how much better you feel ... it always gets me out of ruts. Also try some new exercises ... if you try something new, you don't have anything to measure success or failure against, so it's all positive. For example, if you constantly bench and you miss a rep or a weight you were attempting, you feel $hitty. But if you attempt something else, you can't measure it against anything so you won't get bummed. It keeps a positive vibe. But what it really comes down to is .... suck it up and lift.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    yah, if you stick with it, you'll be happy when you get your groove back, you'll be even stronger