The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great to see guys who know there stuff about this elaborate. Again a great article by Steve and very good supplemental information by Scott. Thanks for joining and would love to see you post on here as your time permits.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Wannabebig Member Bret Contreras's Avatar
    Wow! Awesome article Steve. I appreciate the references, history, quotes, etc. Great job.

Working it out, working it bamazav's Avatar
    Great article and discussion. It is nice to read a discussion that doesn't devolve into name calling over the pros and cons of this system. Thanks guys.
    Working on getting stronger in body, mind and soul.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

I disagree with the love fest over this article. I think there is some very important info missing. A person new to DC would not be able to create a routine from this article. As it stands I would change the title to the foundations of DC or basics of DC but not the definitive guide to DC.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzell84 View Post
    What would a complete workout look like, SETS/REPS?
    It is there if you really read it. It is a template though, so you get a variety of exercise options to choose from (and you can add more of your own). If you list an exact workout in every article you write, particularly an article like this in which you are giving readers a glimpse of an entire training SYSTEM, you are doing them a disservice. Listing exercises, sets and reps does not take into account any individuality, let alone access to specific machines or equipment. This is teaching someone how to fish, rather than baiting their hook and pointing them towards a bucket with a hungry fish already in it.

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I disagree with the love fest over this article. I think there is some very important info missing. A person new to DC would not be able to create a routine from this article. As it stands I would change the title to the foundations of DC or basics of DC but not the definitive guide to DC.
    As always, a hard to please crowd on here...

Going a thousand words over the normal WBB 2,500 word limit, I think that is about as definitive as it can get. Dante, of course, may have done a more definitive guide as this is his thing. I did talk to a half-dozen people that have extensively used the system, as well as reviewed the printed literature on the system, including Trudel's rare original writings. This gives you a perspective, of both the positives and negatives of the program, that I have not seen elsewhere.

I can't imagine training with the Westside Method having only read one article on it, not would I expect anyone to stop their research here. Many of the people on here have heard of DC but only have a vague idea of what it may be. This article gives them a clear view of the what the DC Training system is. If there is a 3,500 word article that is more definitive, please point it out to me. I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Colescott View Post
    As always, a hard to please crowd on here...

Going a thousand words over the normal WBB 2,500 word limit, I think that is about as definitive as it can get. Dante, of course, may have done a more definitive guide as this is his thing. I did talk to a half-dozen people that have extensively used the system, as well as reviewed the printed literature on the system, including Trudel's rare original writings. This gives you a perspective, of both the positives and negatives of the program, that I have not seen elsewhere.

I can't imagine training with the Westside Method having only read one article on it, not would I expect anyone to stop their research here. Many of the people on here have heard of DC but only have a vague idea of what it may be. This article gives them a clear view of the what the DC Training system is. If there is a 3,500 word article that is more definitive, please point it out to me. I must have missed it.
    I am hard to please in this case because I train DC, I have read everything I could get my hands on about DC, and own the DC training video.

I listed my main points that I think you are missing on the first page of this thread. I just think the article is mistitled. It's not a definitive guide, it is a beginners guide.

I do think you have a lot of great info and a lot of great sources. I just think the article is missing key pieces. Maybe it would have been better to break it up into a series of atricles.
    Last edited by cphafner; 10-02-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase