Thread: Help with meals yo.

Help with meals yo.

Okay I'm going to start a 40/30/30 but I'm having a dilemma on how to setup my meals. The cals. wil be 2300 which will have 230 grams protein, 172 g carbs, and 77grams fat.

1.Something I definetly want to incorporate is an idea that I stole from Blood&Iron and that he stole from Lyle. Right before my workout I will have a small protein shake(cfm whey) and halfway through my workout I will have 50 grams of carbs(*malto). Immediately after my workout I wil have a serving of Surge which is 50 grams carbs(malto/dextrose) and 25 grams hydro-whey. So right there I have taken care of 100 grams of carbs. The next thing I thought was to have about 30 grams in the morning of carbs and then another 30 following my post-workout shake. Sound like a good idea?

2. I will have 9 meals total and they might look like this...
    #1. 30g protein/30g carbs/ 12g fat
    #2. 30g protein/12g fat
    #3. 30g protein/12g fat
    #4. 30g protein/12g fat
    #5. 30g protein(right before workout)
    #6. 50g carbs(during workout)
    #7. 50g carbs/ 25g protein (post-workout)
    #8. 30g protein/30g carbs/ 12g fat
    #9. 30g protein/12g fat

How does that look? The reason why I structured it like that was because I want to place the carbs where they will be used most and have less chance of getting stored. Obviously by having 3 pro/fat meals stringed together I will burn fat no?

Anyways I could just evenly make all meals the same but I think this way might be better. You opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

It looks like you're eating a ridulous amount of protein to me.

he's right, make it isocaloric as I said you in the pm

Wannabebig New Member
    protein is too expensive in any form: tuna, salmon, soy, or whey.

What am I doing wrong?

2300 cal. Total

2300*.4 = 920 cals. = 230grams Protein

2300*.3 = 690 cals. = 172 grams Carbs

2300*.3 = 690 cals. = 77g Fat

Correct no? 40/30/30?
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    What am I doing wrong?

2300 cal. Total

2300*.4 = 920 cals. = 230grams Protein

2300*.3 = 690 cals. = 172 grams Carbs

2300*.3 = 690 cals. = 77g Fat

Correct no? 40/30/30?
    The 40/30/30 is generally taken to mean 'the Zone', in which the 40% is the carbs. I don't think the amount of protein you'd be consuming is excessive, but I'd still shoot for something closer to isocaloric(33/33/33) Also, food combining is bs... BUT if you are using EC and/or yohimbine and want to optimize their effects you can try something along the lines of what you've presented here--with low-carbs for part of the day. It's actually not that far off from what I do. Take a look in my journal if you're curious. Overall, it looks pretty solid to me; I see no major flaws.

Re: Help with meals yo.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marcel
    [B]Okay I'm going to start a 40/30/30 but I'm having a dilemma on how to setup my meals. The cals. wil be 2300 which will have 230 grams protein, 172 g carbs, and 77grams fat.

1.Something I definetly want to incorporate is an idea that I stole from Blood&Iron and that he stole from Lyle. Right before my workout I will have a small protein shake(cfm whey) and halfway through my workout I will have 50 grams of carbs(*malto). Immediately after my workout I wil have a serving of Surge which is 50 grams carbs(malto/dextrose) and 25 grams hydro-whey. So right there I have taken care of 100 grams of carbs. The next thing I thought was to have about 30 grams in the morning of carbs and then another 30 following my post-workout shake. Sound like a good idea?

2. I will have 9 meals total and they might look like this...
    #1. 30g protein/30g carbs/ 12g fat
    #2. 30g protein/12g fat
    #3. 30g protein/12g fat
    #4. 30g protein/12g fat
    #5. 30g protein(right before workout)
    #6. 50g carbs(during workout)
    #7. 50g carbs/ 25g protein (post-workout)
    #8. 30g protein/30g carbs/ 12g fat
    #9. 30g protein/12g fat

How does that look? The reason why I structured it like that was because I want to place the carbs where they will be used most and have less chance of getting stored. Obviously by having 3 pro/fat meals stringed together I will burn fat no?

*** Good job, my 'cutting' routine is very simliar to yours.
    I'll be doing almost excatly what you'll be doing minus the shake during my workout.
    Not much else to say I'll be doing what your doing.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Blood&Iron - Ahhhhhh...come on Blood you think food combining is bs!?! Tell that to John M. Berardi and Don Lemmon! Just playing with ya Blood...just that those guys SWEAR by food combining. I guess they have brain washed me into believing their theories about combining pro/fat and pro/carbs. Besides my fat will come from fish oil and a little almond butter too. I started MD-6 again(that sh*t kicks a$$ all over the place!) My body reacts good to yohimbine. I'm also gonna buy some ala to use around my high-gi carb meals during workouts.

Maki - Sounds good man.

You have 310g of in the above example. And 200+ is excessive as well -- your going to piss it out and waste money.

MarshallPenn - I have 235g Protein in the plan. I think you confused 50g Carbs and the other 50g Carbs for Protein grams. Look at meals #6 & #7 they 50g are Carbs(simple ones malto/dextrose)

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    While I'd keep the protein and carbs during and post workout, I'd lower your number of meals and try to figure out what your going to actually eat food wise each meal. Remember a diet should resemble what you normally eat except with smaller portions.

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

MACHINE
    For shedding dome fat, that looks like a good diet plan. You definitely have your carbs in the right places, although I prefer to consume at least a few carbs with every meal.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Marcel-
    Looking good bro. I would maybe like ST said condense it a little more maybe into 6 meals or 7. And the entire aspect of food combining is total crap. I personally believe that all of the food myths are crap. Milk cancells out fat-loss or blurs definition. I dont believe that for a minute! Working great for me!! I drink 36+ oz. per day.

MS

Marcel-
    Food combining is very important. Word...

JB

ST - here is my meal plan for workout days which will be 4 days a week(sometimes 5 days)...

6:15 - 1/4 cup oats or 2 slices multi-grain bread(no preservatives or flour...some class A stuff) + 1/3 cup casein + 1 tablespoon natty almond butter = equal 325 cal./27g protein/26g carb/ 12g fat

9:15 - 5 oz chicken or 5 oz lean steak + fish oil caps = equal to 250 cal 31g protein/2g carb/12g fat

12:00 - 5 oz chicken or 5 oz lean steak + fish oil caps = equal to 250 cal 31g protein/2g carb/12g fat

2:45 - 5 oz chicken or 5 oz lean steak + fish oil caps = equal to 250 cal 31g protein/2g carb/12g fat

5:00 - (seconds before workout) 1/3 cup cfm whey = equal to 96cal/23g protein

5:30 - (half-way into workout) 1/3 cup maltodextrin = equal to 160cal/40g carb

6 - (post-workout) 1 serving Surge = equal 350 cal/50g carb/ 25g protein

8 - 1/4 cup oats or 2 slices multi-grain bread(no preservatives or flour...some class A stuff) + 1/3 cup casein + 1 tablespoon natty almond butter = equal 325 cal./27g protein/26g carb/ 12g fat

10 - 1/3 cup casein + fish caps

You got any beef with that plan? Why less meals they are pretty small? Thanks dude.

Gino - The reason I made my meals with carbs based around times when I think my body will put them most to use. Above you can see that I have 3 PURE protein/fat meals because I feel that works good for me. In the morning they are ace I think and the meal like 2 hours after I think will be ace too. Thanks for the quick response bro.

MS -

Wizard - word.