Thread: Bedtime Meal

Bedtime Meal

Just wondering what everyone eats before they call it a night. Also how soon before you go to bed do you eat your last meal of the day?

I have dinner 2-3 hours before bed. Right before bed I'll have a glass of milk, fish-oil caps and a multi-vitamin.

Dinner ideally 2 hours before bed.

I'll have a bowl of cottage cheese right before turning in (+ 2 T. olive oil particularly if calories have been low for that day.)
    Last edited by Focused70; 09-23-2010 at 07:22 AM.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Banned
    Dinner 3 hours before bed...then a tall glass of milk right before. It puts me right to sleep lol.

Quest for IFBB Pro Card The Spartan's Avatar
    my last full meal is at 8pm , i will have 2 scoops of Nitrean and maybe some peanut butter and a multi at 10pm and usually to bed after. The Nitrean has a great mix of proteins for time release while you sleep!! Seens how we usually sleep from 6 to 9 hours, that is a HUGE "fasting" time and having some slower digesting proteins in your system helps to keep nitrogen flowing in the blood! Good stuff, i would incorporate Nitrean in your nutritional intake prior to bed!
    Follow me on facebook http://tiny.cc/thespartan

Todays preparation determines tomorrows achievement

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements AtLarge Nutrition sponsored Athlete

My Journal - The Spartans Quest For IFBB Pro Card Journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    my last full meal is at 8pm , i will have 2 scoops of Nitrean and maybe some peanut butter and a multi at 10pm and usually to bed after. The Nitrean has a great mix of proteins for time release while you sleep!! Seens how we usually sleep from 6 to 9 hours, that is a HUGE "fasting" time and having some slower digesting proteins in your system helps to keep nitrogen flowing in the blood! Good stuff, i would incorporate Nitrean in your nutritional intake prior to bed!
    Tall glas of milk + Nitrean it is....lol.

Banned
    Milk plus some cheese and maybe a handful of nuts or some peanut butter.

When I was bulking I'd have a whole pizza about an hour before bed. Embrace the fourth meal.

if im fighting hunger: ON nitrocore 24 or ALN Opticen w/ milk 1-2 hour prior
    not hungry: ALN Nitrean w/milk

I make a bed time protein shake. I have a little yogurt maker and I use about 10oz of homemade yogurt, couple of strawberries/blackberries, some flax seed oil and mix it all with Casein protein. I have been taking this everyday for over 10 years. My body is so used to it by now that if I skip it before bed, my stomach starts growling.

Banned
    some almonds and protein in water

Wannabebig Member
    I know you should not eat carbohydrates before bed. Not caount carbohydrates from vegetables as well? the reason is, I had a lot of sleep problems. I usually do not eat chicken or fish about 9:30 or 22:00. then end up staying in bed for hours and hours? This could be the carbs from vegetables? I just do not eat green vegetables before going to bed ... broccoli, spinach, green beans.

Quote Originally Posted by tom183 View Post
    I have dinner 2-3 hours before bed. Right before bed I'll have a glass of milk, fish-oil caps and a multi-vitamin.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    Tom and The Spartan, I am curious about the multi before bed... I never really thought of doing this, but it peaks my interest. Could you explain your reasons and possible benefits?
    m/37/5'10/194

Back Squat 435lbs
    Shoulder Press 195lbs
    Deadlift 505lbs
    Bench Press 315lb

1 cup of cottage cheese
    Handful of almonds
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by imxfit View Post
    Tom and The Spartan, I am curious about the multi before bed... I never really thought of doing this, but it peaks my interest. Could you explain your reasons and possible benefits?
    I have no reason for taking it before bed as opposed to any other time of day. That's just my schedule.

I cook up 6 whole eggs, throw some salt and pepper on them and have at it. I usually eat that meal within 1 hour of going to bed. Some nights if I'm trying to get in extra calories (which seems to be every night) I eat a few spoons of peanut butter and a glass of milk.

I've been doing this for about 1 week. I like the idea of getting the higher protein and fats right before bed.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...