Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gained an inch on arms in 8 hours. Next day, over half an inch still there :)

The Project has Begun ProjectGoliath's Avatar

Gained an inch on arms in 8 hours. Next day, over half an inch still there :)

Not sure where this should go... But has anyone heard of the 'gain an inch on your arms in 24 hours'?

Well here's the original article: Article

We attempted it... and we got that inch!!! Here's the blog post: Here

I'll attach the before and after pictures as well but its best viewed on the blog...

Before:

After:

Now, we did this for fun. Its the start of our deload week so we are doing something different. We had fun so even if my arms go back down to what they were before then there was no loss. I've got the advantage of working in a gym so we worked and did this at the same time. I wont go into it as its all explained on the blog but i will do a daily measure of my Guns and see what happens.

Before we started = 18 and 4/8th
    Straight after = 19 and 4/8th
    Day after, cold and hungover = 19 and 1/8th
    2 days after = 19 and 2/8th
    3 days after = 19
    4 days after = 19 and 1/8th
    7 days after = ....
    14 days after = ....

(i'll fill them in)....

TP!
    Last edited by ProjectGoliath; 09-29-2010 at 04:17 AM.
    >>>>VISIT PROJECT GOLIATH <<<<

How to down Olive Oil Video

10 RULES OF GETTING MASSIVE

I thought bf% was big factor??? I was aiming high.

Banned
    That's insane but impressive! Could you move your arms the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    That's insane but impressive! Could you move your arms the next day?

Triceps are sore, biceps are numb, i think ive got the mythical 2 day DOMS coming on... it'll hit me like a truck tomorrow!!

Im doing this asap!
    -Luke

6'0"
    Im eating like an ANIMAL training like a hell raiser and hoping to be as big as possible...
    I just want the girls to say WOW!

Hmmm Day 2/3 will be very interesting. Let us know!

I'm pretty sure that the gain in size is inflammation from damaged tissues.

Highly doubt much of it will be permanent.

However, I've never tried this so I could be wrong.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

That program has been around for a long time. I agree with Raleighwood in that the gains are temporary.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    That program has been around for a long time. I agree with Raleighwood in that the gains are temporary.
    Yep agree with you there, gains are probably temporary. They claim that you get to keep part of the gains so i'll keep you all updated with what happens. I did it on saturday so today is D+2. I'll post the size in a bit. We did this for a laugh and as an experiment. So either way

TP

Update

D+2!! Measured again this morning 2 days after 'the day'

19inches 2/8ths.... I think they have gone up slightly from yday as i was hungover and therefore dehydrated.

Massively pleased. Will keep you updated as it progresses....

Man, the next time you guys do it you ought to think about taking a beard trimmer to some of that armpit hair before making us look at pictures of it. That mess is grrrrross!
    Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

Goals as of 2/08/11 (current) goal:
    Squat: (505) 535, Deadlift: (475) 500, Bench: (325) 350 Total: 1305 (1385)
    BW: 225 as of 02/01/2011 Goal: 205 by May 1, 2011

Banned
    ^^Men should not feel like they have to shave their armpits. He's not a girl. What is it with men and body-hair these days?

Project - how does this fit in with a deload week? Isn't the point of a deload to give your muscles and your joints some time to heal and rest? You spend it annihilating your arms, it seems like your causing an extra week's worth of tissue damage just doing this!

I've read about this program a few times but I've never heard of anybody (apart from the writers) actually going through with it.

What is it with men and body-hair these days?
    ...and jewelry, and hairstyles, and fashion, and makeup, and $5 coffees, and...well you get the idea. Do guys even wear flannel shirts any more? I know they do it to get the girls, but I'm afraid that the girls won't be happy until the boys look just like them.

I've never heard of anybody (apart from the writers) actually going through with it.
    I believe I remember Tom Mutaffis saying that he did it before.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Project - how does this fit in with a deload week? Isn't the point of a deload to give your muscles and your joints some time to heal and rest? You spend it annihilating your arms, it seems like your causing an extra week's worth of tissue damage just doing this!

Thank you for the man support. I dont usually shave my pits or chest. but then i dont usually take pics of my guns either so its not normally a problem.

Deload. I love training too much to just stop for a week so my impression of a deload is that doing above 90% of my 1RM destroys my CNS and joints. So my deload week gives my joints and CNS a break. I dont have guns at all in my program usually. They get hit with bench and back work. So doing biceps and triceps, although it does smash them to pieces, this is largely irrelevant to my program and it won't really affect my 1rm squatting and deadlfiting when i get back into it next week. My program consists of:

ME squats and hams
    DE deads and back
    Push (bench, OH press etc)
    Rest
    ME Deads and back
    DE Squats and hams
    Rest

So by joints its usually my lower back, knees and hips that suffer.

I was wondering about that program the other week. I will be interested to see where this ends up in a week or so.
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C.S. Lewis

I just noticed something. In your first photo, it doesn't look like your measuring partner had the tape around the biggest part of your bicep.
    "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." ~ C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch232 View Post
    I just noticed something. In your first photo, it doesn't look like your measuring partner had the tape around the biggest part of your bicep.
    yeah, i noticed that as well... think it may have been to get the biggest part of the tricep... or may just have been a genuine mistake. I dont know how much of a difference it would have made but i suppose there should be an inbuilt 'user error' of say 1/8th of an inch either way.

Guns are down to 19 inches now. I dont know how much this has to do with hydration and carbs but we'll start to see the trend from tomo i suppose...

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the gain in size is inflammation from damaged tissues.

Highly doubt much of it will be permanent.

However, I've never tried this so I could be wrong.
    Well in the article they claim to have permanent results between 1/4th to 1/2 of an inch...which would make the average gain a tad over 1/3rd of an inch.

That said I don't know about anyone else but I don't think that spending eight hours and all that effort is worth 1/3rd of a inch.

Latest is 19 1/8th. Still up there. When i did this, i didnt (and still dont really) believe that anything significant will remain. But as i work in a gym and am free 100% atm, the 8 hours was a pleasure to do (heavy metal, food and banter all day with a group of friends...).

I believe the growth is partially due to extra carb storage (and therefore fluid) in the muscle and although this is temporary, everything is to a degree. So if this lasts a couple of months and i can maintain it with further training then its been worth it. I've also read that this only works with people who dont train arms regularly and directly. People who do will have already reached a level of carb storage and therefore muscle size by this method so the program wont have a significant effect. As mentioned above, i rarely train biceps or triceps directly and in isolation so i suppose that may be a reason it worked. Its just an over compensation to a ridiculous stimulus.

Thats my 2 cents anyway. Was just for fun. Next update will probs be the end of the week now and we'll see if it deviates off 19 and a bit inches...

Did you have a partner doing it with you? How'd it turn out for them?

Doing this tomorrow.
    Will take pictures and post my results.
    Best lifts: 245kg deadlift, 162kg Front Squat, 145kg bench, 105kg log press, 250kg yoke carry, 115kg farmers, No. 2.5 Captains of crush

Yeah, one partner who completed it entirely. He got just under an inch. Another guy who started a bit later but caught up with extra sets. He also gained 3/4inch i believe, both of those guys still have half an inch of the growth as of this morning. There are photos and measurements for the other two guys on the blog which is linked from the original post.

The partner was the guy who owned the gym.

Do it patricky!! Make sure you eat all day, will be interesting to see how it goes and just enjoy it for a day of banter even if nothing comes of it.

TP

UPDATE:

Not to dig up an old thread but heres an update.

Original guns day was 26th sept. 18.5inches cold and 19.5inches after the 8 hours of guns.

Today 30th nov. 20 inches after a 60minute gun session.

So i've kept the inch and gained another half inch in 2 months. Really pleased with the progress. There was no specific bicep/tricep work in this. I've gained about 10lbs of weight since then but the workout has been squats, deads, rows and presses and strongman event training. The only bicep work has been occasional hammer curls for the bicep tendon.

I'm not saying that the 8 hours of guns did this but i suppose to a degree the old saying that: " to gain an inch on your guns you need to gain 20lbs" is true. And i'm going to gain another 10lbs and see if i can keep up the gains.

Cheers

TP
    Last edited by ProjectGoliath; 11-30-2010 at 11:44 AM.

That's wonderful, but shouldn't your guns be bigger by now if you are adding an inch in a day? Heck, even if you only did the program once every 3 months... By the way, that is the smallest 20" arm I have ever seen??? Lol, methinks some trickery may be afoot...
    Last edited by chris mason; 11-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    That's wonderful, but shouldn't your guns be bigger by now if you are adding an inch in a day? Heck, even if you only did the program once every 3 months... By the way, that is the smallest 20" arm I have ever seen??? Lol, methinks some trickery may be afoot...
    I did that one day of guns back in sept. I've not done any serious bicep and tricep training since but have bulked from 133kg to about 138kg by training 3 times a week following a deadlift/back, squat/ham, strongman events split with occasional 'push' days thrown in. ive been eating (aiming for at least) 6500kcal daily. During that one day in sept i 'pumped' my arms from 18.5 inches to 19.5 inches. Now, 2 months later, again pumped (but just from a generic workout) they are 20 inches. So half an inch gain since then. The last time before this i did the day of guns workout was 18 months ago.

I dont know what to say about the trickery, its kind of hard to portray scale in a 2d photograph but if it helps at all im 6 foot 4 and weigh around 138kg so i suppose long arms may mask the gun possibly? But apart from that i really dont have anything to prove on an internet forum, i'm just doing this post as a point of interest.

TP
    Last edited by ProjectGoliath; 11-30-2010 at 04:04 PM.