The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me smuggle liquor onto my cruise

I'm going on a cruise (kind of) soon. I don't want to pay $3.50 per beer, and so I'm going to try to manage to smuggle as much liquor as as possible onto it. What are you/aren't you allowed to bring (ie if we I can bring shampoo/water bottles then I'm set) / what is the most effective way to smuggle liquor on board?

Thanks!

FAQ:
    Q: "Dude, is that ethical?"
    A: No.

Q: "..."
    A: Yeah, I don't give a ****.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 12-25-2006 at 11:03 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

shampoo bottles are your friend.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

Last edited by KingWilder; 12-25-2006 at 11:33 PM.
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

More Cowbell
    Best thread title ever. What do you mean kind of?

um isnt liquor, and food free on a cruise???
    Way down this road, in a gym far away, a young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do my legs won't grow."

He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses, too. Trying to cheat these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the big men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty fives. A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees.

Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack, Chalking his hands and monstrous back, Said "Boy stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, Trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN"

usually food is included, and typically beer is (depending on the cruise) but liquor usually is extra
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

It shouldn't be very hard, I did it with no problem. I brought a huge bong back with me from cozumel too. The don't even check your bags when you get off the boat. I could have brought a pound of dope back.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I brought some 151 in Nestea Bottles and Vodka in water bottles...no problems what so ever. Paying 6-8 US per drink is not cool

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    food free liquor high as hell.

put the clear liquor in water bottles and brown liquor in listerine bottles, its prettty simple to do, i snuck alot on my cruise, and stayed pretty much hammered while i was on the boat.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I just went on a cruise to Bermuda in October. I was gonna do this but chickened out at the last minute, since they have all kinds of warnings that they will/can kick you off the ship without a refund. They never checked though. I should have had more balls. I think anything that wouldn't look like a liquor bottle on an xray should be fine.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

If you're going to the Caribbean, don't sneak anything on with you initially. The first port you stop at, take a backpack to the mainland, buy some cheap rum, and bring it back on with you.

You're supposed to "checK" this stuff with the ship when you re-board, but I've never seen anyone get searched coming back on. If you are actually searched, just make up some lame excuse and check whatever you've bought.
    Last edited by shootermcgavin7; 12-26-2006 at 12:02 PM.

Combat Infantryman
    I was never checked coming on or off the ship at anytime on my cruise.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

I'll have to agree with ShooterMcGavin, if you are going to the Caribbean get you some Rum on the mainland. We was in the Caymans last November and one of thre ladies we were with brought 2 big bottles right back on the ship with her no probs. It was actually pretty damn funny we were standing in line wiaitng to go back on board and out of no where she looks at us and goes " Hey you guys wanna see my Big Black Dick? " There was this black guy standing right beside us and he looks right at her like what the hell is she doing. Well she pulls out these 2 big bottles of Big Black Dick's rum. Apparently it is spose to be the best rum they make on Cayman Islands. We all got a good laugh out of it the Black guy just cracked up laughing at her. He later gave her some **** about it on the Ship, she was so drunk she did not remember doing it.

So give it a shot and make up a BS story if you get caught.

Wolfy!!!
    MONSTER MODE

Wannabebig New Member
    If you want to sneak stuff aboard just use a water bottle that all I ever used. I think they just look for the type of bottle not whats in it. The last cruise I went on I saw alot of people getting their bottles confiscated and figured they would take mine but they didn't. I had spiced rum in a water bottle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7 View Post
    If you're going to the Caribbean, don't sneak anything on with you initially. The first port you stop at, take a backpack to the mainland, buy some cheap rum, and bring it back on with you.

You're supposed to "checK" this stuff with the ship when you re-board, but I've never seen anyone get searched coming back on. If you are actually searched, just make up some lame excuse and check whatever you've bought.
    We tried it in Bermuda. We got caught. Backpacks/purses get xrayed. They weren't mad, we just had to check it, and it was brought to our room the night before final departure. This was a Royal Carribean cruise.
    Last edited by manowar669; 12-28-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

I was actually wondering the same thing. I want to go on a cruise and have been checking out the Carnival Cruise Lines lately. I am sure sneaking it in would not be that much of an issue if it was hard alcohol. But if I gotta worry about buying my alcohol I just might go down to the Dominican or Mexico for an all inclusive for the same price.
    My sig scared getfit.

Wannabebig Member
    I knew a guy at work that just mailed a couple of 24 packs to him self as US mail got sent to the ships. He then sold the beer to fellow passengers on the ship and made enough to cover the shipping cost and the beer. Just a thought

Pack vodka in water bottles. Simple!

I got a six-pack of some kind of perfectly sized water bottles last year, and it held exactly 2 -1/2 gallon bottles of vodka. I re-packaged the water bottles into the wrapping that they came in, and it just put it in my suitcase. You could never even tell that the water had been tampered with!

That being said, I still spent a ton of money on drinks on the cruise anyway, simply because I was so sick of vodka + whatever drink I had to mix it with after 2 days....also, I got lazy and didn't feel like constantly making my s***ty drinks anymore, and I wanted some tasty, expensive drinks from the bar!

Cruises suck though, I'm all about all inclusive trips to tropical islands now!
    Last edited by brihead301; 10-06-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

I have a sneaking suspicion that his cruise is over by now...
    6'1", 215lbs

Deadlift - 475, Front Squat - 320, Back Squat - 405

4 year cruise ftw!
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that his cruise is over by now...
    Ha ha ha this was great...
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Haha, I didn't even realize the date. I don't even know how I managed to click on this page.

But anyway, my advice still applies for all those who are going on upcoming cruises!
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Haha, I didn't even realize the date. I don't even know how I managed to click on this page!
    You replied to a spammer's post. That post got deleted.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

For future searchable fun...

Most cruises let you bring 1 bottle of wine per person that you can drink in your room. Empty said bottle and fill it with whatever hard liquor you like, re cork, re foil and your gold. Corkers and foil can be bought at any homebrew store. Bring some dry mix lemonade and your good to go.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Wannabebig Member
    FYI...I just got back from an "all inclusive" deal in Playa Del Carmen, and I'll still bring liquor with me next time.

Naturally, all you get for free are "well" type drinks (the worst of the worst, lol)...and if that wasn't bad enough, they're watered down to hell and you MIGHT find a half a shot in whatever drink you order

Be sure to check with the hotel you're staying at to see what the bar hours are, too. You may not even be able to get a drink past 9 or 10pm....if that late! Also, for the beach clubs where your drinks are included, closing about 5pm appears to be standard.

Beer is the only sure thing and they'll pour you little glass full from a 40oz bottle! ROFL!!

We ended up just going to a little walmart type store and buying a bottle of Jack, of which I'd carry a day's worth around in a water or coke bottle and just order ice.