The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

NEW ARTICLE - Three New Methods for Igniting Serious Size & Strength

Sorry that we're running a bit late this week guys...

In the quest for more muscle, we often get caught up in the craziest approaches to training, all for another pound of muscle or a few extra reps. However often the problems start when we get too far away from the basic premises that dictate how much we can grow.

We outline a few new methods (they stick to the basic premises) thatíll ignite some serious size and strength and get you back on track.

It's time for a change - give them a try for three to four weeks at a time and youíll see some great gains.

Three New Methods for Igniting Serious Size & Strength
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Ė Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? Ė My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Pretty interesting article... Some useful stuff to mix up and freshen a work out.

I can't help but notice in that last pic, Arnold's squat position looks dangerously poor.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
    Pretty interesting article... Some useful stuff to mix up and freshen a work out.

I can't help but notice in that last pic, Arnold's squat position looks dangerously poor.
    ^beat me to it, was gonna say same thing
    1. knees appear to be buckling inward
    2. looks like weight is over his knees, shins, toes; instead of sitting back with weight over hips & heels
    3. can't see the lower back, but i bet it's rounded
    Last edited by Rugby Dad; 10-01-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Wannabebig New Member

about wave loading

I have been having a huge debate with myself for a long time now about all the training methods which are built on the post-tetanic potentiation (PPT) phenomenon (these include all various forms of wave loading: 1-6, 3-2-1, 7-5-3... and complex training).
    But, it is much more likely that after a max effort you will be fatigued rather than potentiated during your subsequent efforts.
    A while ago christian thibaudeau wrote a fascinating topic regarding that subject, in which he stated that the neural potentiation initially overcomes the fatigue induced by the effort.
    Sadly, except for ben johnson and a few more examples, concurrent research has failed to verify this phenomenon in a consistent manner. I should also mention that the subject group tested included world class hammer throwers (not some regular joe who never lifted a barbell in his life).

Going back to the real world... I have also failed in my training to witness this mysterious potentiation. What really happened was what I excepted: I became weaker from set to set (even though i took long rests of about 3 minutes).

I have no doubt that you jimmy, talk from experience, as well as all the other great coaches who are using this loading scheme.

So, obviously I (and perhaps the researches) are doing something wrong. what is it?

P.S. I first read about the 4-5 percent solution in poliquin's "modern trends in strength and power methods".
    Does this effective set-rep scheme dates back further, maybe to Russian or Bulgarian methodologies?

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post

bodybuilders dont often care about correct technique as long as the weight they lift is heavy.

Wannabebig Member
    question. for the percent solution, why in Workout Four do you use the same weights that you used in workout two???

Quote Originally Posted by I_Esta_5 View Post
    question. for the percent solution, why in Workout Four do you use the same weights that you used in workout two???
    Looks like they are using workout 2's weight with workout 1's reps. So you're adding on 5% to all 3 weeks each cycle.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!