The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

do i have a good size to cut??

i am currently a couple a weeks into my cut guys!!

do i have a good mass build to begin cutting from my avi pic??

thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What are you trying to accomplish?
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish?
    i dnot get what you are asking m8?

The answer to these sorts of questions depends on your ultimate goal, which is why someone asked. If your goal is to get as big and strong as possible, then don't worry about cutting right now. If you just want a very lean appearance, then you might trying losing a bit of fat. To me, very few people look "big" at 200 lbs. or less unless they are very short, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean S View Post
    The answer to these sorts of questions depends on your ultimate goal, which is why someone asked. If your goal is to get as big and strong as possible, then don't worry about cutting right now. If you just want a very lean appearance, then you might trying losing a bit of fat. To me, very few people look "big" at 200 lbs. or less unless they are very short, but that's just me.
    thanks for a proper reply m8,

i dont mean bodybuilder big, but look very muscly and not like the skinny ripped dudes??

and do i look solid from my avi pic?? ive got slated from others sayin im fat and i just say how can i be when im 13 percent bf at 200lbs, i thought that was pretty damn good

Don't worry about % numbers too much. Especially since most of us don't have access to an underwater weighing tank or DEXA machine to get truly accurate measurements. You have decide how much fat you are willing to carry (based on how you look and feel) and don't worry about what anyone else says. Personally I think these huge swings most gusy take between bulking and cutting end up being mostly counterproductive. I prefer much more subtle changes. Honestly I don't see much sense in trying to cut a bunch of weight if you don't have much muscle left over when you are done. I've found that if I gained some weight and then immediately tried to cut, I wouldn't hold any of the new muscle I had gained. If I went up to a new weight and held it there for a good period of time, I would hold onto it if I dropped a bit of fat (but not more than ~10 lbs. of weight loss).
    Ultimately you will have to make the decision based on how much muscle you want to build and how much fat you are comfortable carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean S View Post
    Don't worry about % numbers too much. Especially since most of us don't have access to an underwater weighing tank or DEXA machine to get truly accurate measurements. You have decide how much fat you are willing to carry (based on how you look and feel) and don't worry about what anyone else says. Personally I think these huge swings most gusy take between bulking and cutting end up being mostly counterproductive. I prefer much more subtle changes. Honestly I don't see much sense in trying to cut a bunch of weight if you don't have much muscle left over when you are done. I've found that if I gained some weight and then immediately tried to cut, I wouldn't hold any of the new muscle I had gained. If I went up to a new weight and held it there for a good period of time, I would hold onto it if I dropped a bit of fat (but not more than ~10 lbs. of weight loss).
    Ultimately you will have to make the decision based on how much muscle you want to build and how much fat you are comfortable carrying.
    thanks m8 very informative post!! thanks for taking the time to write it, and i agree i have put on good muscle in the past and lost it due to cutting to soon or else too strictly. all trail and error.

but i was just asking for opinions on how use guys think i am looking in my current condition??

o and people in real life do not call me fat at all m8!! thy say i am in reli good shape and all the gurls like my build etc. and say ive a thin waist.

however i was referring to other bodybuilding forums,

wen i asked there opinion on my back picture thy say ur just fat no muscle mass,

Don't compare us to other forums. We tend to be a little more mature and respectful around here. The immature and disrespectful don't last long.

To answer your question, I think you'll get different answers from different people. Their answers will reflect their own goals and desires. If somebody values size over condition or condition over size, it will sway their opinion. The only opinion that should matter at this point is YOURS. You have to be happy with your progress and strive for your own individual goals.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Don't compare us to other forums. We tend to be a little more mature and respectful around here. The immature and disrespectful don't last long.

To answer your question, I think you'll get different answers from different people. Their answers will reflect their own goals and desires. If somebody values size over condition or condition over size, it will sway their opinion. The only opinion that should matter at this point is YOURS. You have to be happy with your progress and strive for your own individual goals.
    ok npz