Thread: really nooby questions

Wannabebig New Member

really nooby questions

Hi all

So I just finished my second serious workout. I am generally trying to follow the SS routines with some supplemental lifts included. I noticed at the end of the workout that I am really pumped and energized and I feel like I want to do it all again. Shouldn't I feel exhausted?
    Also, I have this particular sort of feeling like a buzzing in my body, as if it is quivering or bubbling with nervous energy, normal?
    Why is it that out of the 30-40 people at my gym, I am the only one in the weight room?

Quote Originally Posted by JaseC View Post
    Hi all

So I just finished my second serious workout. I am generally trying to follow the SS routines with some supplemental lifts included. I noticed at the end of the workout that I am really pumped and energized and I feel like I want to do it all again. Shouldn't I feel exhausted?
    No! Your workout should energize you.

Also, I have this particular sort of feeling like a buzzing in my body, as if it is quivering or bubbling with nervous energy, normal?
    Very normal. You are waking up the muscle and the body is building capallaries to carry blood and nutrient to places it has not been doing.
    Why is it that out of the 30-40 people at my gym, I am the only one in the weight room?
    Because the 30 or 40 people are doing cardio, visiting and passing time. This is very normal. If you are concerned with their behavior ...
    1. You are not totally focused on your workout
    2. You need to ask them why they think cardio is more important than weight training.

Personally, I would just be thankful that I have all that great equipment to myself and hope the weight room does not catch on with them.

I have more energy after a workout. Once I get home and sit for about an hour it then hits me and I'm zonked.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Odd questions indeed. Just keep training hard and don't sweat the small stuff.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by JaseC View Post
    Hi all

I guess it depends on the person. For me, I'm pretty much dead after my workout and can't wait to leave. I don't think it matters much as long as you know you did a good job in the gym.

I don't know about your buzzing/nervous energy thing after a workout, I kind of feel that way before a workout because I'm nervous for it.

Who cares! More stuff for you! They're doing their stair-steppers so just leave them alone lol
    Age 20-5'10
    Then: 134 lbs November 12, 2008
    Now: 195 lbs

Some workouts I feel buzzed afterwards, pumped up and feel like I could do it all over again. I usually end up doing some sustained cardio in these situations, something real slow at an incline. If you feel you need to do more, add a few more accessory lifts or something. As previously stated, if you feel you took care of business, bail out brotha.

I feel nervous before the bigger lifts usually, but that's part of the game. Turn it in to energy, get hyped up about the lift and attack it.

On being the only one in the weight room, rock it man. As stated, most people pay their dues with money, not with sweat, blood, and good a solid effort in the gym. We're different. We pay our dues through working our asses off, lifting and pushing as hard as we can, doing all we can do with the time we're given in the weight room. Cardio is a necessary evil, but we got more work to do than that.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wannabebig New Member
    Ty for your responses
    I really think the "energy" I feel afterward is in the nerves, I feel it start at my lower back and kind of shoot upwards along my spine. Its very quivery, nervous type energy.
    Yeah, I am starting to pass out very easily within an hour or two of being at the gym, much to the wife's discontent