The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Suggestions to Work around Golfer's Elbow (which I somehow developed)

All:

A few months ago, I noticed I was having intermittent pain on the inside of my right elbow. I pushed through it, but noticed it was gradually getting worse and worse.

About the time it began to compromise my abiltiy to do a lot of things I called a buddy of mine who is a doctor, and he's confident I've got an ailment called "Golfer's Elbow ~ which is a tendonitis of the inner elbow.

Basically it hurts when I try anything requiring a "grip and subsequest pull." So, until the problem clears up (which should take a month or two), I've got to layoff the following:
    Chin Ups
    Dead Lifts
    Romanian Dead Lifts
    Lat Rows
    Bicep Curls

Has anyone had this happen to them? If so might wrist wraps be an effective way to at least continue doing Dead Lifts and Rows?
    Does this pose make my camera look big?

"We're not as good as we want to be, we're not as good as we should be, but thank God we're not as bad as we used to be..."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I have the same issue. I had to stop Rows, Lat Pulldowns, and Curls. I am getting less pain now after 2 months, but I need to have this heal fully before I try any of those exercises.

There was some advice in this thread:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...923&highlight=

I had this (still do to a degree) and its a real pain in the ass (well, elbow).

I too pushed through it till it got really bad which was stupid, stupid, stupid. As soon as something starts to hurt, STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

In the end here is what I did.

I stopped all pulling movements for 2-3 months (this is real hard to do but it is was necessary for it to heal)

I also got soft tissue every other week and did some rehab exercises given to me by my therapist (stretching out forearms and some work with bands (pulling the band with my fingers back and forth to strengthen things) and I generally just loaded up on fish oil and ETS too to speed things up.

The key though is to rest it, get the rehab in and then gradually re-incorporate pulling movements into the routine again light at first.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    I had the exact same problem for awhile .Went to the doc and he wanted to prescribe to me oral anti antiinflammatory,but my stomach could not tolerate them so I opt for the cortisone injection which did help .I used ice about 3 times a day and found a message therapist which really helped . When I train any kind of pressing movement, like bench, power clean over head pressing etc, I go to a false grip which has also helped . The OHP lift is a little tricky because I start out out with a regular hand position and when I get to the clean to my upper chest area I switch to the false grip . Also I now train with the McDaniels Cotton Elbow Sleeve and then use an elbow tendinous wrap around the out side of that .After training ,use the ice . I' am 42 and love to train the . If their is a Will there is away .

I figured out the root of the problem.... I got some new office furniture, and my new position in front of the computer leaves my right elbow unsupported when holding the mouse.

Changed that... hopefully it'll get better quickly now that the source of aggrivation has been removed.
    Does this pose make my camera look big?

"We're not as good as we want to be, we're not as good as we should be, but thank God we're not as bad as we used to be..."