The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: muesli ?

muesli ?

ive been trying muesli for the second time in my life and i was wondering if it is actually good for your. as far as i can tell its "medium" for fat content and also near enough medium for sugar but that is only natural occuring sugars.

also are you meant to cook it like porridge because it does taste like raw porridge
    Height : 5 ft 6
    Weight: 154lbs
    Body fat: 17.91%

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    There is no "good" or "bad" foods.

You have daily requirements depending on your goals, and you need to meet them.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Banned
    I've never really understood the difference between porridge and muesli. One comes hot and the other has fruit in it. But you can easily add fruit and seeds to porridge. Could you therefore make porridge out of muesli? At what points do oats become porridge and what point do oats become muesli? If you made porridge and let it go cold would that be considered muesli? If milk was added to a bowl of oats and then left in a sealed microwave oven which is controlled by a randomised switch to only turn on 50% of the time, would the bowl exist as both muesli and porridge at the same time, and therefore be a culinary equivalent of schrodinger's cat? It's an important philosophical question...

On the other hand, muesli looks like horse food, and hot food is better in winter, so the choice is obvious.

Yes, it's good for you. Oats, fruit, seeds and nuts are generally considered "good" regardless of whether you are aiming for a caloric deficit or surplus. In any situation they are good because they are high fibre and full of vitamins and minerals. These are good properties and things which are lacking in other breakfasts like, for example, white toast and jam.

i think muesli is mixed oats for a start lol. also i do believe your meant to eat it raw where as with porridge oats you are meant to nuke it in the microwave or in a pan.

either way i love both of these foods now especially muesli. I was thinking of buying loads of raisins and nuts and doing my own muesli like you say with porridge and cook it.
    Height : 5 ft 6
    Weight: 154lbs
    Body fat: 17.91%