Thread: "work is interfering with my training routine" crew check in here

Hybrid View

"work is interfering with my training routine" crew check in here

I know I'm not the only one that has a jacked up work schedule that interferes a set weekly routine. I work doing security and I am randomly scheduled to work different days and hours of the week. This disrupts my training progress and sleep recovery. Who else here is with me? Sure I make time but I hate going to the gym with minimal hours of sleep doing half ass workouts

Quote Originally Posted by jtteg_x View Post
    I know I'm not the only one that has a jacked up work schedule that interferes a set weekly routine. I work doing security and I am randomly scheduled to work different days and hours of the week. This disrupts my training progress and sleep recovery. Who else here is with me? Sure I make time but I hate going to the gym with minimal hours of sleep doing half ass workouts
    I work overnight and it affects my training horribly. The sleep I do get is never the same because for some reason sleeping during the day just isn't as good.

I over train very easily and it's annoying. I don't just lift weights though I think if I only lifted weights I would be ok it's doing everything else on top of lifting weights.

i work and go to school. i usually like to hit the gym 3 days a week, but depending on the work load from school it can be kind of tough to maintain that 3 days while also getting a decent night of sleep, studying and whatnot. i switched over to a full body routine and if i have a tough week where i can only workout 2 days then i just go harder since i know ill have more recovery time.
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

I work full-time and go to school nights, and I sneak my training in at lunch, then just eat at my desk while I'm working later on. Saturday mornings are the only day I really get to have extended training sessions because of extra time. Music and caffeine help me through those really sluggish days in the gym.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Not so much my training (I have the whole morning to go to the gym before work at noon), but definitely eating. I routinely work anywhere from 10-12 hours during the weekdays, with two 15 min breaks and a half hour lunch (which turns into a 45 min lunch and one 15 minute break). Usually I eat right at noon before I start, but even then I might not eat dinner until 7 or 8.. and even then it's something small I can fit in a lunchbox. It's really killing my diet.
    23 y/o, 170 lbs

Do you understand that the second you
    look in the mirror and you're happy with
    what you see, baby, you just
    lost the battle!

Oh I could go off something serious about my job and how its interferes with not just my training but my life!!!!

Side note: I am looking for another job hopefully something comes up soon.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Banned
    You need to maximize recovery then...switch to two intense training days a week.

6 12s a week here. Almost done with it!
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    6 12s a week here. Almost done with it!
    Ouch mate I bet you end up cooking your meals on the 7th day right?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Usually after work
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Yeah I'm 24 and still adjusting to the work schedule. Have to be awake at 6:30 AM to make it to work by 8 AM or so. Usually finish around 5 PM *but* I have found that I need at least 4 hours between workouts and sleep time, otherwise my increased metabolism/energy from the workout keeps me from going to sleep. Plus I need at least 8 hours of sleep per night to really function. Luckily the firm I'm working for is based in Uruguay and Spain so I think there's some cultural left-overs when it comes to long lunches (I guess in Spain some take naps after lunch) and we can get up to 1.5 hr of lunch time without anyone complaining.

So it looks like lunches and possibly mornings are going to be my time to work out.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

i get up at 5:15 on wednesday to make it to the gym by 6 - i work 10 to 7 and 11 to 8. I look forward to Saturday Sunday just for the gym
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal