The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

shaking after a work out

ok this may be a bit weird but whenever i go jogging i usually do 2-3 miles 3X a week but i really go hard on the way back.

When I get in I find im week and shaking a little and cant talk to well (but thats due to loss of breath and being hot etc)

I was just wondering if this is normal if you really push yourself and will this stop happening after a while? I used to jog 4 miles 3X a week but I moved and my partner had a baby so my fitness dropped.
    Height : 5 ft 6
    Weight: 154lbs
    Body fat: 17.91%

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would imagine you are going to get used to running once you get back to it on a consistent basis.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

ok thanks ive only been at it about 2-3 weeks now but obviously im trying to push my self a bit harder each time but wont increase the distance for a while yet as i want to get the most out of each mile stone. thanks

Happens to me if I've really pushed myself during a workout on a day where my nutrition wasn't all that great. Heavy leg/back day 4-6 hours after my last meal will definitely give me some uneasiness or minor trembling when walking on stairs or sitting down low right after the workout.

I would just try to make sure you're getting enough to eat before working out and you'll see it get better.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Banned
    this is normal, i experience this every workout.

what your preworkout nutrition and timing look like? Could be hypoglycemia
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

i usually dont eat about 1-2 hours before a run or work out i find it makes me sluggish especially the running. but before that i will have something like scrambled egg or something like that.

i also try to drink ALOT of water during the day to make sure im hydrated as i used to suffer with headache when i boxed

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tryme View Post
    ok this may be a bit weird but whenever i go jogging i usually do 2-3 miles 3X a week but i really go hard on the way back.

When I get in I find im week and shaking a little and cant talk to well (but thats due to loss of breath and being hot etc)

I was just wondering if this is normal if you really push yourself and will this stop happening after a while? I used to jog 4 miles 3X a week but I moved and my partner had a baby so my fitness dropped.
    This could have something to do with your blood sugar levels but could also just be exhaustion. Have you tried any PowerBar products or even just eating a simple piece of fruit while you train?

You can pick up a heart rate monitor if you are concerned and would like to keep track of your intensity while running. This will also help you to track your progress in terms of improving your endurance (the objective is to maintain your speed/pace while keeping your heart rate down).

Also, make sure that you are doing an effective 'cool down' at the end of your workout. Abruptly stopping a high intensity workout can put a lot of strain on your body so I would recommend walking for 5 minutes to allow your heart rate to stabilize at the end of your workout.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    Perfectly normal!! Consider this.

Say your doing a 5x3 rep scheme with a bench/squat/weighted dip, whatever at 80% of your max. For this well example well use bench. Say your 1RM is 205lbs. That's 205lbs you will be lifting at a multiplier of 15. Why wouldn't your body be fatigued and hurt afterwords, and maybe even some shakes from temp nerve damage? Its only normal

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Came in here to post pretty much what Tom and Behemoth stated. Sounds like unstable glucose levels.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB