Thread: Does HGH heal Tendons?

Wannabebig New Member

Does HGH heal Tendons?

About 4 months ago, I began feeling pain just below to the right bicep. It was diagnosed from my doc as a partial tear to the distal tendon that connects the right bicep (seems like the same injury as victw65 in previous discussion). I got an MRI and no surgery required, just instructed to not use my bicep for a minimum of 6 months. Anyways it is healing, but very, very slowly. My question is, I heard that HGH helps in healing tendons and ligaments permanently as opposed to just covering up the pain like a cortisone shot. Can anyone give me advise on this? Also, what would be the best iu dose to take to aggressively heal? Also, are there any other supplements that also aggressively heal tendons? (test, etc). I can't take much more of only exercising from the abs down. I'm willing to do whatever permanently heals the fastest. Thanks.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Don't.
    Tendon repair is an off label use, so you won't be doing this under the supervision of a physician.

HGH carries plenty of risks and there are too many potential unknowns.
    You aren't in a situation that would necessitate taking such a dramatic steps. Be patient.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Wannabebig New Member
    Thanks for the advise. I've heard from some friends that hgh is very good at healing tendons and ligaments. I've completely stopped excercising the upper body and stopped any activity that could aggrevate the tendon. it's been 4 months now and i'm about 80% healed. however, i feel like i'm not improving anymore. I've gotton the mri, physical therapy, stretches, heat pads, etc. i've heard it can take 6months to a year or more to completely heal a tendon. I can't be much more patient. I've broken bones that have healed sooner. I've heard hgh heals tendons faster than just rest, but I don't know the best dose. I've heard 2iu, 4iu, and even 6iu. Any ideas for rehabilitating doses? Thanks.

Wannabebig New Member

dont listen to those thta dont know

Quote Originally Posted by jaysun View Post
    About 4 months ago, I began feeling pain just below to the right bicep. It was diagnosed from my doc as a partial tear to the distal tendon that connects the right bicep (seems like the same injury as victw65 in previous discussion). I got an MRI and no surgery required, just instructed to not use my bicep for a minimum of 6 months. Anyways it is healing, but very, very slowly. My question is, I heard that HGH helps in healing tendons and ligaments permanently as opposed to just covering up the pain like a cortisone shot. Can anyone give me advise on this? Also, what would be the best iu dose to take to aggressively heal? Also, are there any other supplements that also aggressively heal tendons? (test, etc). I can't take much more of only exercising from the abs down. I'm willing to do whatever permanently heals the fastest. Thanks.
    Don't you love it when people blurt out a answer when they only know what they've HEARD and not what is FACT? OK I'm not gonna play know it all like most do ill just tell you the facts. In my opinion YES hgh heals tendon repair VERY fast There is no real risk when taking hgh unless you have a cancerous tumor ALREADY GROWING somewhere in you body or if your a diabetic. Here are my reasons for believing hgh heals the tendons much faster. I had surgery to repair mine 20 days ago and it was not only repaird but it needed a graft ( a tendon harvested from my leg to replace the missing tendon in my arm). The surgeon said I must not move or use my bicep for 6 weeks and not lift anything with significant resistance for 3 months Its been 20 days now and I am being very careful BUT I feel totally healed accept for the tightness that needs to be stretched out in time. I feel so oblivious to the injury and the surgery that I keep forgetting completely about it and lift my arm on its own with no support and catch myself reminding myself that im not supposed to do that. Last night I had a dream that caused me to flex my bicep just like i was in a body building contest. I woke up flexing my bicep very hard. Nothing broke nothing hurt and nothing gave way. The tendon is still in tact and holding firm with no pain at all. Now I am going to continue being careful and not jump the gun on the time he told me to wait. I'm only telling you the facts Ive experienced. Now you decide on weather or not its healing faster then it would without. I think its obvious But I'm not a know it all so ill leave you with the FACTS Ive experienced and let you decide.

Wannabebig New Member
    i forgot to comment on one thing also. Mild chronic pain in my lower back and shoulder is disappearing also I hope that sicks after im done with the gh

Quote Originally Posted by gromuluss View Post
    ill just tell you the facts. In my opinion
    This is one of the more hilarious things I've read on here.

Anyway- HGH can help heal tendons- HGH, anabolic steroids, etc. all speed up tissue synthesis and promote healing.

The biggest issue with tendon repair, however, is the buildup of scar tissue that reduces elasticity and makes the tendon prone to re-tearing- this is the MAIN reason that tendons appear to "heal" slowly- the tissue itself is repaired but imperfect, and will re-tear quite regularly. HGH will do nothing to change this.

I realize this is an old post, but figured I'd throw in a few more cents....
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    This is one of the more hilarious things I've read on here.

Anyway- HGH can help heal tendons- HGH, anabolic steroids, etc. all speed up tissue synthesis and promote healing.

The biggest issue with tendon repair, however, is the buildup of scar tissue that reduces elasticity and makes the tendon prone to re-tearing- this is the MAIN reason that tendons appear to "heal" slowly- the tissue itself is repaired but imperfect, and will re-tear quite regularly. HGH will do nothing to change this.

I realize this is an old post, but figured I'd throw in a few more cents....
    Thank you very much for your advice. You were absolutely right too. Hgh did start the healing process, but prop and deca put the healing into overdrive. I healed to full strength in 1 month, as opposed to 6 more months, per Doc. I now do much more stretching of the biceps and increase my warm up time. However, about once to twice a year after the initial injury, I will restrain the same area. Not nearly as bad, but enough to go much lighter in weight. Since I'm not wanting to cycle at the moment, I'm trying igf-1 lr3 and hgh to see how it goes. So far so good. I'm still in the gym, but going very light whenever an excercise involves the bicep, along with lots of stretching.
    Thank you again for the advice. I really appreciate it.

I think the length of time it takes injured connective tissue to heal is more a function of its avascular status than anything.

Anyway, GH may help with connective tissue regeneration, but I am not convinced to the degree with which it speeds things up especially if you have not already been using it for some time.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Chris you have any input on peptides? Specifically BPC 157?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May