700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Nice weight loss
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Good deal on the am/pm workouts, maybe I will do two-a-days before all is said and done, lol.

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Big poop?
    LOL!

Congrats on the weightloss. I like your thoughts on the diet as well, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Big poop?
    Been having a lot of those since I started this diet

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    LOL, now this always gets me excited.
    I can take pictures if you want

Good luck on the surgery today. All of WBB is in your corner and rooting for a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Nice weight loss
    Thanks Kiff, hoping to be down 3 pounds in my first week.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Good deal on the am/pm workouts, maybe I will do two-a-days before all is said and done, lol.
    They sure don't seem too tough when you're doing them, but I felt pretty "run-over" the next day. Takes a lot out of you even if it is just upper body stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    Congrats on the weightloss. I like your thoughts on the diet as well, keep it up.
    Thanks Ren, it really feels like a diet I can stick with long term.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Things are going well with the menus for my diet. The high day is the toughest for me to endure with all that clean food, it makes me so bloated. Suprisingly, the low days are pretty easy to stick to, I think the meals spaced and planned out just right to keep me satisfied and not feeling hungry. The medium days are my favorite because it is pretty much how I eat most of the time when not dieting.

I will have to find some alternatives to the chicken and turkey breasts, they are really upsetting my stomache. Man, I just hate poultry and I am already starting to dread eating another bite of it. I will start rotating in some talapia fish for variety. Also, one day I cooked up some ground turkey in taco seasoning and that was completely doable for me. Any other suggestions would be appreciated

I'm only weighing and measuring myself on Wednesdays and Saturdays because I don't want to be a slave to the scale. Also, I know the changes are slow so there is no use weighing myself more than that. I hope to be down a total of three pounds by Saturday. My end goal is 15 lb in 12 weeks taking me to 220 lbs and I hope to see some ab outline by then. Not that I'm concerned with abs, I'm just using it as a marker for fitness and good health.

I'm looking forward to today's workout, work is going to be tough to get through. Since I'm working heavy(ish) on my deadlift and really trying to progress on that lift, my squat sessions will be completely different than the deadlift workouts. I'm thinking lighter weights with high reps on the squats and some fun accessory lifts. Should be a good one, fun but not too brutal on the recovery. The focus right now has to be deadlifts and arms...and fat loss.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I like ground turkey! We actually stopped buying hamburger meat as we can get the ground turkey for around 1/2 the cost and the macros are better.

Do you like only Tilapia for fish or are you open to other breeds?

Also, it's a smart idea not to be a slave to the scale. I'm a complete slave to it and it's a drag.

Banned
    That sucks that you don't like the chicken OR..

What kind are you buying? Fresh kind from the super market or the frozen kind in bags?

My favorite part of the diet IS the chicken, not because it tastes great, but because its so damn cheap...10 pounds for 17 bucks. You can easily make it taste good with seasoning too, but plain is fine too, thats how I eat it. Plain with soy sauce. Easy to get down...

You could just add more lean, red meat to the diet...low days calls for higher fats anyway. Try 93/7 ground beef or something..that would taste good with the taco seasoning...

Another thing I used to do before I started this diet is cook 1/2 pound ground beef and mix it together with a pound of rice and add some kind of sauce to it...

Texas pete and soy sauce are both no calories.

nothing like eating second breakfast and reading about poop in OR's journal.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Best of luck with your weightloss goals bud.
    JERSEY IRON POWERLIFTING
    198/220 Pro
    Currenty ranked #1 198 Multiply
    Best meet lifts @220 840/650/575
    Best meet lifts @198 875/585/630
    Best Raw Lifts @198 650/425/575
    Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122706

Eater of: 61 Buffalo wings in 8 minutes
    20 hotdogs+buns in 30 minutes

The two-a-day workouts on a cut must be taxing OR, awesome work on getting through it. No doubt you'll see some results. I agree that food gets pretty darn bland when dieting but as others said I found that using lots of 0 cal condiments helped a ton. I found a brown mustard at a local supermarket that was zero cals and I put it on nearly everything lol. Soy+Hot sauce are also good ideas.

Also, you can get Walden Farms 0 cal dressings at most supermarkets for only $2 compared to the $5 if you order from the website, I have no clue as to what causes the such a price discrepancy. It seems the 0 cal syrups and stuff are only available through the website, I did manage to find the chocolate syrup at a store for only $1 so I stocked up.Maybe check out your store and see if they have some of the stuff, it's actually really tasty for 0 cal.

You could probably make your own condiments and save some $. Combine soy, spices, lemon juice and 1 or 2 tsp. oil. Pour over chicken breasts, then marinate for a couple of hours or preferably overnight. Grill or broil as needed. 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil won't kill your diet. You'll have to adjust the spices to your taste. Stuff like salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, ginger, pepper, coriander, etc. You probably won't need as much salt because of the soy, and vice versa.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

LuNa
    I would also include lean red meats for variety and different kinds of fish. Condiments have made a big difference because eating plain chicken does get boring .

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    PM Workout

Lying EZ Bar Triceps Extension
    100 lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

EZ Bar Bicep Curls
    100 lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Single Db Overhead Extensions
    70 lbs x 12, 12, 12

Incline Db Curls
    40 lbs x 10, 10, 10

Notes:
    I Gotz The Pumpz in Me Gunz
    Umm............ I like this workout.

That's all.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 05-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

But that's one nice thing about this eating plan, it is highly adjustable.
    That's one critical aspect of any diet. Many people feel so restricted by their diet that they can't stick with it. You need some adjustability and variety to make it work.

I can say that when the calories get very low it just sucks. You are eatting a good deal of food right now, consider yourself lucky to be losing on that diet thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    I like ground turkey! We actually stopped buying hamburger meat as we can get the ground turkey for around 1/2 the cost and the macros are better.

Do you like only Tilapia for fish or are you open to other breeds?

Also, it's a smart idea not to be a slave to the scale. I'm a complete slave to it and it's a drag.
    I like all kinds of fish, except salmon (on occassion). I really like almost all foods except poultry.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    That sucks that you don't like the chicken OR..

What kind are you buying? Fresh kind from the super market or the frozen kind in bags?

My favorite part of the diet IS the chicken, not because it tastes great, but because its so damn cheap...10 pounds for 17 bucks. You can easily make it taste good with seasoning too, but plain is fine too, thats how I eat it. Plain with soy sauce. Easy to get down...

You could just add more lean, red meat to the diet...low days calls for higher fats anyway. Try 93/7 ground beef or something..that would taste good with the taco seasoning...

Another thing I used to do before I started this diet is cook 1/2 pound ground beef and mix it together with a pound of rice and add some kind of sauce to it...

Texas pete and soy sauce are both no calories.
    I buy fresh chicken, but it doesn't help. I just hate the stuff. I'd use more beef, but I know the macros are way different. I'll try some seasoning techiniques.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    nothing like eating second breakfast and reading about poop in OR's journal.
    Pharm is all about the poop in here

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
    Best of luck with your weightloss goals bud.
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    The two-a-day workouts on a cut must be taxing OR, awesome work on getting through it. No doubt you'll see some results. I agree that food gets pretty darn bland when dieting but as others said I found that using lots of 0 cal condiments helped a ton. I found a brown mustard at a local supermarket that was zero cals and I put it on nearly everything lol. Soy+Hot sauce are also good ideas.

Also, you can get Walden Farms 0 cal dressings at most supermarkets for only $2 compared to the $5 if you order from the website, I have no clue as to what causes the such a price discrepancy. It seems the 0 cal syrups and stuff are only available through the website, I did manage to find the chocolate syrup at a store for only $1 so I stocked up.Maybe check out your store and see if they have some of the stuff, it's actually really tasty for 0 cal.
    The two a days are tough, even for something light like arms. I will look into spicing up the chicken and see if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    You could probably make your own condiments and save some $. Combine soy, spices, lemon juice and 1 or 2 tsp. oil. Pour over chicken breasts, then marinate for a couple of hours or preferably overnight. Grill or broil as needed. 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil won't kill your diet. You'll have to adjust the spices to your taste. Stuff like salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, ginger, pepper, coriander, etc. You probably won't need as much salt because of the soy, and vice versa.
    Sunds like a lot of work, I think I'll stick to store bought stuff until I get posessed by Julia Chiles

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    I would also include lean red meats for variety and different kinds of fish. Condiments have made a big difference because eating plain chicken does get boring .
    I will probably swap in some different fish and red meats to take away the bulk of it. Then try some of the flavorings that other's have suggested in here.

Thanks for the tips everybody, I will find a way to eat chicken yet
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

For a low-carb meal I am very fond of tuna and avocado. You can add other ingredients that you think go well together. Lemon juice, relish, seasoning salt, or other seasonings can work.

If you don't mind cooking stuff up I can get you an egg foo young recipe that tastes great with shrimp and chicken. The macro's on this are very good for a low-carb day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    For a low-carb meal I am very fond of tuna and avocado. You can add other ingredients that you think go well together. Lemon juice, relish, seasoning salt, or other seasonings can work.

If you don't mind cooking stuff up I can get you an egg foo young recipe that tastes great with shrimp and chicken. The macro's on this are very good for a low-carb day as well.
    I forgot about tuna, I like tuna too. The egg foo young sounds good too.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Thursday May 5, 2011

Fun day...

Squats
    225 lbs x 20
    225 lbs x 20

Db Swings
    100 lbs x 12
    100 lbs x 12

Sled Pulls
    200 lbs x 8 pulls

Notes:
    Not trying to kill myself but trying to get some good lower body work in. This hit the spot right on target. Just trying to save myself for deadlifts and arms, but not neglect the legs. This could quickly become my favorite workout of all time.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Seems like a Fun day to me too. Just enough work for the legs without totally killing them for deads. 20 rep sets + sled drags probably got you some nice conditioning in too. I like the session a lot OR.

Fun day...

Squats
    225 lbs x 20
    225 lbs x 20

Db Swings
    100 lbs x 12
    100 lbs x 12

Sled Pulls
    200 lbs x 8 pulls

Notes:
    Not trying to kill myself but trying to get some good lower body work in. This hit the spot right on target. Just trying to save myself for deadlifts and arms, but not neglect the legs. This could quickly become my favorite workout of all time.
    Ah seeing 20 reppers back in the journal make me intensely happy. I have a really hard time eating chicken unless it's cooked on a grill myself. I don't know what it is about it, but baked or in a pan, I just can't eat it as easily, cooked on the grill? I'm all over that. Tuna is great, except for the pouched tuna, that didn't go over well either for me.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

This could quickly become my favorite workout of all time.
    Easy to see why, obviously enjoy it bro.

I like to see the 20 repper squats back in this journal. The universe is back in balance, even if it is temporary.

If you like different types of fish (especially tuna) then you should be able to get some leaner protein that way. It's just really hard to beat chicken breast for lean protein that is MEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Seems like a Fun day to me too. Just enough work for the legs without totally killing them for deads. 20 rep sets + sled drags probably got you some nice conditioning in too. I like the session a lot OR.
    It was perfect. I was huffing and puffing pretty good but not wiped-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Ah seeing 20 reppers back in the journal make me intensely happy. I have a really hard time eating chicken unless it's cooked on a grill myself. I don't know what it is about it, but baked or in a pan, I just can't eat it as easily, cooked on the grill? I'm all over that. Tuna is great, except for the pouched tuna, that didn't go over well either for me.
    20 reppers is like visiting with an old freind for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Easy to see why, obviously enjoy it bro.
    Thanks Coke, it was a nice combination of muscle work and conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    I like to see the 20 repper squats back in this journal. The universe is back in balance, even if it is temporary.

If you like different types of fish (especially tuna) then you should be able to get some leaner protein that way. It's just really hard to beat chicken breast for lean protein that is MEAT.
    Haha...It felt natural and I'll keep the 20 reppers in there for the 12 weeks even though I might not push them too hardm right now.

I've decided to go ahead and keep chicken in my lunch menu because it is really easy to take to work and I don't gag on it as much when I'm busy. For other meals I will be looking at ground turkey, lean meats, and fish.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

What about chicken salad? Canned chicken, mayo, dijon mustard, celery, a hard boiled egg, some chives, salt and pepper and you're good to go. Makes for a quick lunch, and if you can fit in bread, makes a great sandwich.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May