Page 61 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2740

Thread: Off Road Journal

fat submariner
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Presses and squats are my favorite exercises.
    I love Squats too and I'm starting to love Deadlifts and Stiffleg Deadlifts... but tbh I think that's just vanity as I can embarass much bigger guys than me on those lifts. it's my skinny arms I've never enjoyed but I'm finally starting to see some improvement there... thank f**k!

AM Workout (kinda late).

Seated 1/2 Press off Pins
    200 lbs x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Weighted Chin-Ups
    +25 lbs x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Weighted Bar Dips
    +70 lbs x 6, 6, 6, 6

Incline Db Hammer Curls
    55 lbrs x 6, 6, 6, 6

Notes:
    Busy day today, so this workout happened much later than I wanted. That means the PM workout will be really late tonight. Because of that, I will probably just do the first two exercises and call it good. Otherwise I won't be able to get to sleep tonight.
    solid work OR! maybe a couple of years of thrashing my arms and I might manage a session like this!
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 197lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Squat: 180kg (396lb) x 2
    Front Squat: 100kg (220lb) 5 x 5
    Zercher Squat: 140kg (308lbs) x 1
    Bench Press: 110kg (242lb) x 1
    Deadlift: 220kg (484lb) x 1
    SLDL: 170kg (374lb) x 1

Mac's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by NickAus View Post
    I know how bad the 20 rep squats are..........BAD.

Well done OR!!
    Thanks Nick, They don't suck too bad until the weight gets heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Great day of lifting John.
    Thanks Coke, I am really having fun with it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Lying EZ Bar Triceps Extensions suck, there's no way around it, but I do enjoy the burn from them. lots of reps, good work John.
    As long as I warm up my elbows really well, I actually enjoy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    Epic chins and dips mate!
    Thanks Gazzy, they do seem to be moving along very well. Hoping for some PRs with these two lifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by macdaknife View Post
    I love Squats too and I'm starting to love Deadlifts and Stiffleg Deadlifts... but tbh I think that's just vanity as I can embarass much bigger guys than me on those lifts. it's my skinny arms I've never enjoyed but I'm finally starting to see some improvement there... thank f**k!
    Really push the dips and chins hard and you will make good progress on the arms.

I always envyed guys like you that seem to be natural deadlifters. I struggle with that lift more than any other. I do okay with the stiff-leg variety, but I suck pulling from the floor.

solid work OR! maybe a couple of years of thrashing my arms and I might manage a session like this!
    Like I said above, put a ton of effort into the dips and chins, those are the money lifts for arms.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

1st week update:

Bodyweight: 233.6 lbs
    Arms: 17.25 inch

I'm down 2 lbs the first week and I think that's just perfect. I'm hoping to average 1 lb a week. I really feel like I'm giving myself enough nutrition to keep the lifts moving and keep my energy up. I'm really liking this eating plan a lot (except for the poultry).

Arms...The tape measure moved ever so slightly, but not enough to record it. The positive thing is that have increased ever so slightly and I'll take that motivation into the next couple of weeks.

All lifts have continued to go up the last two weeks. I have a PR for bar dips of +100 lbs for 5 reps, I hope to beat that. And I know I am going to increase my chin-ups with the weight loss, so I'm excited about that too.

11 more weeks to go...Here's hoping for 13 more lbs lost...
    Last edited by Off Road; 05-07-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Awesome seeing the added motivation that you have got from a change of direction John.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Getting stronger every session. I feel some PRs coming on.
    That's awesome!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Garage Lifter
    Nice work, if you hit your weight loss goal early are you going to keep dieting until you hit your time frame?
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Awesome seeing the added motivation that you have got from a change of direction John.
    Thanks, it has returned a bit of spark to my training for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    That's awesome!!!
    Thanks Brian, hoping for big things.

Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    Nice work, if you hit your weight loss goal early are you going to keep dieting until you hit your time frame?
    I guess that depends on what is happening to my body. If my lifts are continuing to go up and the muscle is staying in place, then I may extend it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    The first thing that went for me was the fat on my arms, so you could definitely be adding size on them while shedding fat. Its good to see that you have found a nutrition plan that works. It is something im looking into using to gain after my cut. Do you feel the book is invaluable for the set up of the diet?

Congrats on the fat loss, 2lbs is a great start.

I agree, a 2 lb. start is fucking amazing.

Also, cardio is the devil.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Banned
    looks good man. chins are always a struggle when dieting. what kind of loss are you targeting?

i see youre doing hammer curls.. i remember those days!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    The first thing that went for me was the fat on my arms, so you could definitely be adding size on them while shedding fat. Its good to see that you have found a nutrition plan that works. It is something im looking into using to gain after my cut. Do you feel the book is invaluable for the set up of the diet?

Congrats on the fat loss, 2lbs is a great start.
    Thanks, it's a start. I hope it stays pretty consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    I agree, a 2 lb. start is fucking amazing.

Also, cardio is the devil.
    I hate cardio too, but I'll get my two sessions a week in to keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    looks good man. chins are always a struggle when dieting. what kind of loss are you targeting?

i see youre doing hammer curls.. i remember those days!
    I am planning on losing 15 lbs, taking me to 220 lbs. Ultimately, I'd like to be <15% but I'm not sure if I'll be there at 220 or not. Might be close.

Chins are feeling good so far, we'll see if it gets harder or easier with the weight loss.

Hammer curls are okay but I need to get some better dumbbells, the collars keep slipping. I only have one spin-lock, so I'll just get another one.
    Last edited by Off Road; 05-07-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Banned
    thats annoying. the dbs are in poor shape at my gym. i bring an allen wrench with me to tight up the ones i use.. theyre often about to fall off. that should be a real nice little cut. what after that?

thats annoying. the dbs are in poor shape at my gym. i bring an allen wrench with me to tight up the ones i use.. theyre often about to fall off. that should be a real nice little cut. what after that?
    Just to hold steady through the Summer. Maybe try to lose a little more depending on how things are working out strength wise.

I guess if I was a smart guy I'd get down to around 12% so that I could do a long slow bulk and try to reach my 20 rep squat goal.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Banned
    you may very well whether you plan to or not at this moment. dieting becomes an obsession for those who start to see visual success...

I had this happen once, I can't recall whether it was DB doing presses or crappy collars on an EZ curl doing skulls (they both sucked). I remember the manager seeing the weight falling apart and saying something like "yeah this thing is junk we've been meaning to throw it away" and I was like WTF? Then why didnt you? I could have been seriously injured! I don't remember if the weight hit me or not, I remember writing about it in a journal when it happened. I have a mission for the day to find it now!

Edit - Found it. http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...=1#post1195502

Just to hold steady through the Summer. Maybe try to lose a little more depending on how things are working out strength wise.

I guess if I was a smart guy I'd get down to around 12% so that I could do a long slow bulk and try to reach my 20 rep squat goal.
    Slow and steady FTW. and I cannot wait to see that 3pps x 20. I don't dream about many strength goals but that's probably the one things I've always wanted to do.

you may very well whether you plan to or not at this moment. dieting becomes an obsession for those who start to see visual success...
    Agreed, the progress can be so rewarding it takes over. In my case usually too much so that I shutoff the world and ruin my social life. All about that balance.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 05-07-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

fat submariner
    Really push the dips and chins hard and you will make good progress on the arms.

I always envyed guys like you that seem to be natural deadlifters. I struggle with that lift more than any other. I do okay with the stiff-leg variety, but I suck pulling from the floor.

Like I said above, put a ton of effort into the dips and chins, those are the money lifts for arms.
    thanks OR I will. I'm gonna get a belt to start adding weight to my Chins and Dips (also looking into the procurement of a Chin/Dip frame for my garage).

NO PAIN NO GAIN?
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 197lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Squat: 180kg (396lb) x 2
    Front Squat: 100kg (220lb) 5 x 5
    Zercher Squat: 140kg (308lbs) x 1
    Bench Press: 110kg (242lb) x 1
    Deadlift: 220kg (484lb) x 1
    SLDL: 170kg (374lb) x 1

Mac's Journal

I'm hoping I won't freak out when I see the lbs dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Slow and steady FTW. and I cannot wait to see that 3pps x 20. I don't dream about many strength goals but that's probably the one things I've always wanted to do.
    Agreed, the progress can be so rewarding it takes over. In my case usually too much so that I shutoff the world and ruin my social life. All about that balance.
    I just can't see me getting that obsessed with weight loss. But we'll see.

My biggest problem with cutting in the past has always been fearing that I wasn't feeding myself enough to make gains in the weight room. This approach seems to get rid of those fears with high/med/low days.

thanks OR I will. I'm gonna get a belt to start adding weight to my Chins and Dips (also looking into the procurement of a Chin/Dip frame for my garage).

NO PAIN NO GAIN?
    Good plan. A belt to add weight to those exercises is a MUST for progress.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

And I can't believe Rory shat all over my favorite bodybuilder in the bodybuilding forum...I am going to go cry in the corner for a while...I'll be back.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

+100 on dips? Geez.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Banned
    Don't fear the weight loss man, this diet is designed so you retain or possibly GAIN muscle while losing fat. If you do it right and cut just a tiny bit at a time (1 pound per week) you will not lose an ounce of muscle and you will look great after it is done. I am going on my 3rd week and my strength has gone up on every lift week to week so far. I am sure the same will happen to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    +100 on dips? Geez.
    It's right around the corner...

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Don't fear the weight loss man, this diet is designed so you retain or possibly GAIN muscle while losing fat. If you do it right and cut just a tiny bit at a time (1 pound per week) you will not lose an ounce of muscle and you will look great after it is done. I am going on my 3rd week and my strength has gone up on every lift week to week so far. I am sure the same will happen to you as well.
    That's what I'm hoping for.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Your making me miss weighted dips. I wish I could do them painfree.

Awesome work John, definitely good stuff. Wish I had the balls to try dips again but I think they've tore me up enough as it is. When I'm not so fat, I'll give them a go.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

100lb dips for 5... HUGE! To have that weight would be my goal for dips, long term, would be awesome!! Looking forward to seeing you beat that PR soon man..

Solid efforts in the first week OR, look forward to some consistent progress here and some MASSIVE GUNS
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

House Lannister
    And I can't believe Rory shat all over my favorite bodybuilder in the bodybuilding forum...I am going to go cry in the corner for a while...I'll be back.
    I was actually pretty impressed with that second picture you posted.

Excellent dips. GL on the cut John.

P.S. Cut to 12% please.