Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2740

Thread: Off Road Journal

  1. #1526
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwill727 View Post
    Your making me miss weighted dips. I wish I could do them painfree.
    Seems a lot of guys can't do dips without tearing up their shoulders. I guess I've just been lucky so far or I'm blessed with sturdy shoulders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Awesome work John, definitely good stuff. Wish I had the balls to try dips again but I think they've tore me up enough as it is. When I'm not so fat, I'll give them a go.
    And I wish I could pull hard from the floor with my deadlifts, but we all have our little limitations we have to work around.

    Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    100lb dips for 5... HUGE! To have that weight would be my goal for dips, long term, would be awesome!! Looking forward to seeing you beat that PR soon man..

    Solid efforts in the first week OR, look forward to some consistent progress here and some MASSIVE GUNS
    Thanks, the first week did go flawlessly, so I'm hoping the next few will be as perfect. As for GUNS, I would hope to have 16"+ at a lowi(ish) body fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    I was actually pretty impressed with that second picture you posted.
    Finally, some Grimeck love

    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Excellent dips. GL on the cut John.

    P.S. Cut to 12% please.
    Let's get to 15% first
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  2. #1527
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Morrisville,PA
    Posts
    3,071
    Sturdy shoulders Magee over here.

    Lucky bastard.

  3. #1528
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Sturdy shoulders Magee over here.

    Lucky bastard.
    It's been a blessing to be pretty much trouble free on the shoulders.

    High Carb day today. Tons and tons of oatmeal and brown rice on the menu. It's a ton of food but I like the food choices. But i'm not looking forward to the bloat
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  4. #1529
    Senior Member GazzyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melton Mowbray, England, UK
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    It's been a blessing to be pretty much trouble free on the shoulders.

    High Carb day today. Tons and tons of oatmeal and brown rice on the menu. It's a ton of food but I like the food choices. But i'm not looking forward to the bloat
    Hah! I hear that! I had a loada brown rice the other day - then when the mrs left half of her meal, I ate all that too. Ended up not being able to move for the whole night...
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

    Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

    www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

  5. #1530
    Senior Member brihead301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,564
    Ya man...your shoulder strength always impressed the hell out of me!!! I thought I also had pretty good shoulders regarding injuries, but I just recently hurt my right shoulder about 2 months ago, and it's been bothering the hell out of me ever since.

    Props on sticking with the diet too man....You're gonna love it when you get all lean...you're gonna want to get leaner and leaner.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

  6. #1531
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    Hah! I hear that! I had a loada brown rice the other day - then when the mrs left half of her meal, I ate all that too. Ended up not being able to move for the whole night...
    Budah syndrome

    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Ya man...your shoulder strength always impressed the hell out of me!!! I thought I also had pretty good shoulders regarding injuries, but I just recently hurt my right shoulder about 2 months ago, and it's been bothering the hell out of me ever since.

    Props on sticking with the diet too man....You're gonna love it when you get all lean...you're gonna want to get leaner and leaner.
    Lean scares me...but I'm commited to it this time.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  7. #1532
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884

    Monday, May 9, 2011

    Deadlifts
    165 lbs x 5
    200 lbs x 5
    245 lbs x 5
    305 lbs x 5
    345 lbs x 3
    385 lbs x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

    Just a bunch of easy singles...

    1 Arm Db Rows
    160+ lbs x 8 (each side)
    160+ lbs x 6 (each side)

    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  8. #1533
    Garage Lifter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Webster Groves, MO
    Posts
    5,993
    ghetto dumbell for the win!
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

  9. #1534
    Senior Member ironwill727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,066
    Sturdy shoulders definately is a blessing. Back in the good ole days I could bench heavy and dip with 3 plates pain free. The sad thing is I am only 26 and I am talking about the good ole days which was less than 3 years ago.

  10. #1535
    Senior Member KIBBLES N BITS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    519
    Am I the only person who finds the 160 pound DB rows super impressive? I have trouble handling the 100's lol....Great back session OR

  11. #1536
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Those DBs look more like 80s or 90s, still nice though whatever the case...the deads are ace dude.

  12. #1537
    Moderator Brian Hopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    12,822
    I find them impressive also, nice work OR!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

    *************************
    Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

    *************************
    Sponsored By:

    10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

  13. #1538
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by StLRPh View Post
    ghetto dumbell for the win!
    All-thread dumbell

    Quote Originally Posted by ironwill727 View Post
    Sturdy shoulders definately is a blessing. Back in the good ole days I could bench heavy and dip with 3 plates pain free. The sad thing is I am only 26 and I am talking about the good ole days which was less than 3 years ago.
    Must suck to be beat up at 26. I feel pretty good at 47

    Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Am I the only person who finds the 160 pound DB rows super impressive? I have trouble handling the 100's lol....Great back session OR
    Thanks Kibbles. They are heavy, but I want to get them up to some high reps.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Those DBs look more like 80s or 90s, still nice though whatever the case...the deads are ace dude.
    Awww Mannn...You hurt my feelings...that's 4-25s, 4-10s, and 4-5s, plus the bar...160+

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    I find them impressive also, nice work OR!!!
    Thanks Brian.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  14. #1539
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884

    Monday, May 9, 2011

    Conditioning
    Brisk walk x 1 mile
    40 yd sprints x 6
    Standing broad jumps x 6
    Stairs - 30 up and 30 down x 3
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  15. #1540
    Professional hobbit Focused70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Posts
    7,811
    Mr. I envy people who deadlift deadlifts 385x1 which is 15 more lbs. than my max DL doubled.

    mmhmm
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah


    Food log

    The Focused Chronicles

  16. #1541
    Professional hobbit Focused70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Posts
    7,811
    Oh and
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah


    Food log

    The Focused Chronicles

  17. #1542
    Goals (kg) 272.5/165/305 HJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Manawatu, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,372
    Nice deads man! Bunch of easy singles aye haha good work!

    Those are some decent DB rows too man, keep at it!
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

    My Journal

    Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

  18. #1543
    LuNa
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,716
    Nice deadlifts and rows. That is a good looking dumbbell .

  19. #1544
    Become Unbreakable Mark!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas Area, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    I'm gonna be settin me up some dumbbells like that, where'd you get the bar? I found a crappy bar from wal mart, wondering how long it'd hold up. Probably have to eventually get a decent heavier bar for future stuff. Plus standard plates are a dime a dozen on craigslist. Sweet work John, solid work.
    "Light Weight"

    260's by May

  20. #1545
    Senior Member GazzyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melton Mowbray, England, UK
    Posts
    3,272
    Those DB Rows are HUGE!
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

    Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

    www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

  21. #1546
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    Mr. I envy people who deadlift deadlifts 385x1 which is 15 more lbs. than my max DL doubled.

    mmhmm
    Thanks Hobbit, just trying to build up the momentum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    Oh and
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    Nice deads man! Bunch of easy singles aye haha good work!

    Those are some decent DB rows too man, keep at it!
    I figured since the deads were easy, I'd push the rows pretty hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuNa View Post
    Nice deadlifts and rows. That is a good looking dumbbell .
    I like my homemade dumbbell, we'll see how long it lasts before it bends to crap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    I'm gonna be settin me up some dumbbells like that, where'd you get the bar? I found a crappy bar from wal mart, wondering how long it'd hold up. Probably have to eventually get a decent heavier bar for future stuff. Plus standard plates are a dime a dozen on craigslist. Sweet work John, solid work.
    I just got some 3/4" all-thread and 3/4" nuts from Home Depot. I kind of wish I had picked up some 3/4" large washers too. It was a cheap fix for now, we'll see how long it lasts.

    Quote Originally Posted by GazzyG View Post
    Those DB Rows are HUGE!
    Thanks Gazzy.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  22. #1547
    Senior Member SCmmaFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,422
    I have some adjustable bars but the collar never stays in place. Did you cut the all-thread yourself? Either way what length are they cut to? Do the nuts stay put? Also, which threading did you get (coarse or fine)? What are you using for the handle? Sorry for all of the questions and especially if you already answered them.

  23. #1548
    mrelwooddowd Patz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BFE, KY
    Posts
    9,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Conditioning
    Brisk walk x 1 mile
    40 yd sprints x 6
    Standing broad jumps x 6
    Stairs - 30 up and 30 down x 3

    this is the kind of stuff i want to do at home, with some jumping rope in there.

    i drove by the high school here in town to see if they have a track. they do not, and the football field is a pice of shit. that's funny because my old neighbor is the track coach. wtf are they doing for training? lol
    _________________________

    5/3/1 Journal


    http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

  24. #1549
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884
    Quote Originally Posted by SCmmaFAN View Post
    I have some adjustable bars but the collar never stays in place. Did you cut the all-thread yourself? Either way what length are they cut to? Do the nuts stay put? Also, which threading did you get (coarse or fine)? What are you using for the handle? Sorry for all of the questions and especially if you already answered them.
    I bought the all-thread at Home Depot. It is 3/4', fine thread, 24" long. It was pre-cut and I found it near the rebar. I then wrapped the handle and slid one of my rubber grips from a spin-lock dumbbell on it. Then I use 3/4 nuts on the inside and the outside. We'll see how long it lasts. I can already tell the threads are getting buggered up.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd View Post
    this is the kind of stuff i want to do at home, with some jumping rope in there.

    i drove by the high school here in town to see if they have a track. they do not, and the football field is a pice of shit. that's funny because my old neighbor is the track coach. wtf are they doing for training? lol
    I am lucky that my kids' grammar school has a track and a jumping pit. All this is pretty easy to do at home too.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  25. #1550
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,884

    Tuesday, May 10, 2011

    Seated 1/2 Press off Pins
    195 lbs x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

    Weighted Chin-Ups
    +30 lbs x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

    Weighted Bar Dips
    +75 lbs x 6, 6, 6, 6

    Incline Hammer Curls
    45 lbs x 6, 6, 6, 6

    Notes:
    That's it for today, no PM workouts this week. I took it a little easy on the press to save a little for the dips. I needed it too, the last dip was an absolute grind. I also spent myself on the chin-ups, so I had to lighten the Hammer Curls. Great workout and it reminded me of my old Hardgainer routines.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Similar Threads

  1. Ant72's Training Journal, Road to Heaven
    By ant72bb in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
  2. Road To Success - A Journal of Progress
    By Cage Classic in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
  3. Chris's Journal *On the Road to Wellness*
    By Kristen3g3tp8 in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 10:04 PM
  4. WBB Contest - Journal - Road to 10%
    By AJ_11 in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •