Page 91 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2740

Thread: Off Road Journal

fat submariner
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Conditioning...

I went for a 3 mile hike in the mountains. 7,000 foot elevation and a lot of steep hills. It kicked my ass hard.
    you gotta love the mountains
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 197lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Squat: 180kg (396lb) x 2
    Front Squat: 100kg (220lb) 5 x 5
    Zercher Squat: 140kg (308lbs) x 1
    Bench Press: 110kg (242lb) x 1
    Deadlift: 220kg (484lb) x 1
    SLDL: 170kg (374lb) x 1

Mac's Journal

fat submariner

But this time I will know to back my vehicle into the parking spot.

OR, you should ALWAYS back your vehicle into the parking spot! this is because:

1. women can't do it!

2. you never know when you might need to make a quick getaway!
    Age: 41 - Height: 5'10" - Weight: 197lb (NOT LEAN! (but maybe finally getting a little bit leaner?))

Mac's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    GJ with the deadload OR.
    Thanks Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Nice work as ever John, impressed with your ethic as ever.Bet your itching to get back to the workout proper
    Thanks Kiff, and yes I'm itching to go heavy again.

Quote Originally Posted by macdaknife View Post
    you gotta love the mountains
    I absolutely love the mountains, at least when there is no snow on them.

OR, you should ALWAYS back your vehicle into the parking spot! this is because:

1. women can't do it!

2. you never know when you might need to make a quick getaway!
    Good tips, I will keep those in mind.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

My Jeep is getting beat to crap after all the crazy things I've done to it. It is no longer fun to drive on a daily basis. I cannot get the doors on any more because the tub is bent and dented, I can't get the top on any more, the whole rig pulls to the left because the frame is bent, it's too big for my wife and kids to jump into easily, the tires cost about $450.00 each so I don't want to wear them out. Basically, it's just a terrible rig to drive around on the streets any more. So, I'm retiring it to rock crawling duties only.

So now the fun begins...
    I am shopping for a new Jeep to use as a family rig and a daily driver. I am going to get a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 door) and do a mild build-up on it. I don't want to build it too big or capable because then I'd be tempted to take it on the harder trails. But I love to modify Jeeps, so a little bit of work will go into it just to make it nice. I'm thinking of a mild lift with 35 inch tires, plus a few other goodies to make it trail worthy like a winch, bumpers, skid plates, lockers, gears, and 4:1 transfer case. This is going to be a fun project and the kids are looking forward to having a comfortable Jeep to get around in again.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    My Jeep is getting beat to crap after all the crazy things I've done to it. It is no longer fun to drive on a daily basis. I cannot get the doors on any more because the tub is bent and dented, I can't get the top on any more, the whole rig pulls to the left because the frame is bent, it's too big for my wife and kids to jump into easily, the tires cost about $450.00 each so I don't want to wear them out. Basically, it's just a terrible rig to drive around on the streets any more. So, I'm retiring it to rock crawling duties only.

So now the fun begins...
    I am shopping for a new Jeep to use as a family rig and a daily driver. I am going to get a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4 door) and do a mild build-up on it. I don't want to build it too big or capable because then I'd be tempted to take it on the harder trails. But I love to modify Jeeps, so a little bit of work will go into it just to make it nice. I'm thinking of a mild lift with 35 inch tires, plus a few other goodies to make it trail worthy like a winch, bumpers, skid plates, lockers, gears, and 4:1 transfer case. This is going to be a fun project and the kids are looking forward to having a comfortable Jeep to get around in again.
    Granted, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what we do with our vehicles, but its cool to see someone else who wrenches on and tears apart a perfectly good vehicle .

I bought my '99 vette with 22,500 on the clock 3 months ago. I already tore it down so only the engine block was in the car. Replaced heads, headers, intake manifold and gained 72 horsepower to the wheels. I am looking at a new camshaft now and will need to do a clutch too.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Granted, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what we do with our vehicles, but its cool to see someone else who wrenches on and tears apart a perfectly good vehicle .

I bought my '99 vette with 22,500 on the clock 3 months ago. I already tore it down so only the engine block was in the car. Replaced heads, headers, intake manifold and gained 72 horsepower to the wheels. I am looking at a new camshaft now and will need to do a clutch too.

It's hard to get others to understand why we modify perfectly good vehicles...especially the wives

Ya, you like the powertrain mods and I like the suspension and axle mods. You like to go fast and I like to go super-slow. But we have the same intensions; making our vehicles bad-ass.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Banned
    It's hard to get others to understand why we modify perfectly good vehicles...especially the wives

Ya, you like the powertrain mods and I like the suspension and axle mods. You like to go fast and I like to go super-slow. But we have the same intensions; making our vehicles bad-ass.
    She gives me so much shit for it LOL. In some ways, she is right, its a relatively stupid hobby. Very expensive and you get used to the power quick anyway and you always want more.

She is going away for 3 weeks to Brazil soon...I am taking full advantage and doing my cam and clutch swap during that time .

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Very expensive and you get used to the power quick anyway and you always want more. .
    Same with my hobby. For instance, you get very used to the new "big" tires and they start looking small. Even on my old Jeep, I have worked my way up to 38s and they already look small. Now I'm thinking about 42s.

Same thing with the trails. I started out driving on dirt roads, then moved up to actual trails, then moved up to hard trails, and now I have to have "extreme" trails to get my kicks. Takes a huge toll on the rigs though. I have probably dumped over $60,000.00 in extra parts in my old Jeep - lol

The funny thing is, I've could have bought a super nice car like a mercedes or jag for the ammount of money I have in my Jeep. Most people that look at it will say it's a peice of crap. But those who know will see all the money dumped into it.
    Last edited by Off Road; 07-14-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Deload

Military Press
    75 lbs x 5
    95 lbs x 5
    110 lbs x 5

Bar Dips
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

1 Arm Db Row
    105 lbs x 10
    105 lbs x 10

Incline Db Curls
    40 lbrs x 10
    40 lbrs x 10

Notes:
    Deload is almost over...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Sorry to hear your jeep isn't working out for you anymore, but good luck with the new jeep build up. I'm also into cars so I know exactly where your coming from.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

A few guys at the department are selling their jeeps, one is an 08 build up for crawling, the other is an old 78' CJ built for mud, I want that one so bad, only asking like 6 for it, would be a steal with all the mods he's got on it. I enjoy my rig, but 8500lbs is too damn heavy to go crazy in the mud with. It's made some really good trips in deep mud in 4x4 with no problems, and handles steep climbs easily with the V10 engine and all the torque is puts out. I want bigger tires, and the wife agrees, so when it comes time to replace the all terrains it's got on it now, grapplers are going on.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

The Jeep wrangler is awesome - I've had two of 'em, both were great to drive year round. The new ones are impressive, haven't even seen the 2012's yet.

You would absolutely love the Jeep store we have here in town, you would be like a kid in a candy store, lol.

Sorry about the jeep OR, nice deload mind.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

New jeep, nice!! Goodluck with finding one, will be fun! Whens the first session after deload planned for?
    Last edited by HJP; 07-14-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hopper View Post
    Sorry to hear your jeep isn't working out for you anymore, but good luck with the new jeep build up. I'm also into cars so I know exactly where your coming from.
    My Jeep is great for a dedicated trail rig, just not very good for hauling others any more. It will be fun to have one Jeep for the trails and another Jeep for driving everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    A few guys at the department are selling their jeeps, one is an 08 build up for crawling, the other is an old 78' CJ built for mud, I want that one so bad, only asking like 6 for it, would be a steal with all the mods he's got on it. I enjoy my rig, but 8500lbs is too damn heavy to go crazy in the mud with. It's made some really good trips in deep mud in 4x4 with no problems, and handles steep climbs easily with the V10 engine and all the torque is puts out. I want bigger tires, and the wife agrees, so when it comes time to replace the all terrains it's got on it now, grapplers are going on.
    Jeeps are just so iconic and fun to drive. That sounds like a pretty good deal on the CJ if you are into mud. Definitely need a lot of horsepower and big tires for mud.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    The Jeep wrangler is awesome - I've had two of 'em, both were great to drive year round. The new ones are impressive, haven't even seen the 2012's yet.

You would absolutely love the Jeep store we have here in town, you would be like a kid in a candy store, lol.
    The internet is my new Jeep store. Honestly, my old Jeep is so customized that I can't buy anything from stores any more. Most of the parts are Ford and Chevy now. But when I add the second (new) Jeep I'll be back into buying the over the counter products again. Can't wait.

Sorry about the jeep OR, nice deload mind.
    Oh, I'm still keeping the old Jeep, it will just be a dedicated trail rig.

Quote Originally Posted by HJP View Post
    New jeep, nice!! Goodluck with finding one, will be fun! Whens the first session after deload planned for?
    The first session is planned for Monday...Bench Press. Just in time for National Bench Press Day
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Not national bench day, international day!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Friday, July 15, 2011

Update

Weight = 223.4 lbs
    Arms = 17-1/8 inches

Sorry for the update being a day late, I was busy and forgot to weigh-in yesterday. This has been a weird week for the diet because of the schedule and traveling. It has forced me to eat out more and make some poor choices for foods. But I coutered that by removing all carbs from the meals that I could control, so the macros were hitting pretty close to target I think. A slight drop in weight was a happy sight after being stuck for two weeks. Arms...what can I say...they are at least maintaining their size which is very cool.

I even got the "You look hot" comment from the wife yesterday, which totally makes all the effort worth it right there
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Not national bench day, international day!
    Oops... sorry to all our international members.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

fat submariner
    Update

Weight = 223.4 lbs
    Arms = 17-1/8 inches

I even got the "You look hot" comment from the wife yesterday, which totally makes all the effort worth it right there
    as long as the wife is happy, then everyone is happy!

well done!

Mac's Journal

as long as the wife is happy, then everyone is happy!

well done!
    Got to keep the wife happy if I want to buy a second Jeep
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Friday, July 15, 2011

Deload

Deadlift
    165 lbs x 5
    205 lbs x 5
    250 lbs x 5

Bulgarian Split Squat
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Side Bends
    95 lbs x 10
    95 lbs x 10

Notes:
    Yeehaw...The deload is OVER!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

International bench day! Oh yeah!! Bring it on I shall join you lol

Nothing beats the compliment from the wife OR!!
    Best Raw Lifts
    Squat 260kg (573lbs), Bench 150kg (330lbs), Dead 277.5kg (611lbs)

My Journal

Heading to the IPF Raw World Champs Suzdal, Russia, 2013

No joke, enough is enough, lol - but at least deloading serves its purpose.

I guess I'll be the first to do it lol but I'd def love to see a before / after of the the new Jeep you get OR. I always think it's awesome seeing the changes people make over time to things. Sounds like a great hobby and in addition to the weightlifting gives off quite the manly man image

Are you bringing sexy back? lol
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By: