Thread: Novus Bars

Hybrid View

Quest for IFBB Pro Card The Spartan's Avatar

Novus Bars

Wow, the cookie dough Novus Bars are amazing!
    Great taste, and pretty filling! I am a huge bar critique and the Novus Bars are good to go in my book!

Anyone else tried or using them?
    Follow me on facebook http://tiny.cc/thespartan

Todays preparation determines tomorrows achievement

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – AtLarge Nutrition sponsored Athlete

My Journal - The Spartans Quest For IFBB Pro Card Journal

Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    Wow, the cookie dough Novus Bars are amazing!
    Great taste, and pretty filling! I am a huge bar critique and the Novus Bars are good to go in my book!

Anyone else tried or using them?
    I tried them with my first order, not such a fan of the cookie dough one but I ate all that I had. I could really get used to the mint cookie one though. For some reason I didn't like the cookie dough the first time I tried and the second time I really didn't like it, but the mint I didn't like that much the first time and the second time it started tasting a lot better. Maybe it's just a taste you have to get used to but the problem is always shipping costs. I am mainly using Met-RX bars with the 32g of protein simply because they are sold in local stores, shipping costs kill me always. They also have an amazing taste, but I guess when you have 35% saturated fat to work with you can make any protein bar taste good, and they do, heh. Novus bars are definately the best for nutrition, as for the protein mix I have no way to compare the two, but they just aren't as available. Hope that changes someday...

CodeguruX

Quote Originally Posted by Codeguru View Post
    I tried them with my first order, not such a fan of the cookie dough one but I ate all that I had. I could really get used to the mint cookie one though. For some reason I didn't like the cookie dough the first time I tried and the second time I really didn't like it, but the mint I didn't like that much the first time and the second time it started tasting a lot better. Maybe it's just a taste you have to get used to but the problem is always shipping costs. I am mainly using Met-RX bars with the 32g of protein simply because they are sold in local stores, shipping costs kill me always. They also have an amazing taste, but I guess when you have 35% saturated fat to work with you can make any protein bar taste good, and they do, heh. Novus bars are definately the best for nutrition, as for the protein mix I have no way to compare the two, but they just aren't as available. Hope that changes someday...

CodeguruX
    Code, how much are you paying per bar? What difference do shipping costs make if the total is less or the same?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Code, how much are you paying per bar? What difference do shipping costs make if the total is less or the same?
    It's like the exact same, $2.29 per bar. But the thing is it's apparently a betty crocker product or something and they had a bunch of buy one get one free coupons out that just expired this October 2nd. And also Kroger sells them 3 for $5 sometimes. I'm not using them as much now because that saturated fat just friggn kills me. That's one reason I'd be prompted to use Novus bars instead, plus the net carbs deal. I would just love it though if you guys made a peanut butter flavored Novus bar. Those never cease to be good...

CodeguruX
    Last edited by Codeguru; 11-11-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    I have no way to compare the two, but they just aren't as available. Hope that changes someday...

Novus bars are great. I especially like them because they are low carb.

Try throwing some in the freezer and munching on it for dessert when you get a sweet tooth. Good stuff.

I just want to throw in here that novus bars are awesome. I just had my first one the other day, I ordered them because I need a quick snack at work for my break. Flavors are good and the price is better than most other bars.

Great product, I wish I could afford more atlargenutrition products, but I am on a budget.

Code brings up an idea I definetly won't disagree with... with how good all the ALN products taste compared to other brands I would love to try some peanut butter concoctions you guys could whip up in both a nitrean and novus bar. That would be amazing.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    with how good all the ALN products taste compared to other brands I would love to try some peanut butter concoctions you guys could whip up in both a nitrean and novus bar. That would be amazing.
    Couldn't agree more!
    “As to the methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”