Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Novus Bars

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Quest for IFBB Pro Card The Spartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    56

    Novus Bars

    Wow, the cookie dough Novus Bars are amazing!
    Great taste, and pretty filling! I am a huge bar critique and the Novus Bars are good to go in my book!

    Anyone else tried or using them?
    Follow me on facebook http://tiny.cc/thespartan

    Todays preparation determines tomorrows achievement

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – AtLarge Nutrition sponsored Athlete

    My Journal - The Spartans Quest For IFBB Pro Card Journal

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spartan View Post
    Wow, the cookie dough Novus Bars are amazing!
    Great taste, and pretty filling! I am a huge bar critique and the Novus Bars are good to go in my book!

    Anyone else tried or using them?
    I tried them with my first order, not such a fan of the cookie dough one but I ate all that I had. I could really get used to the mint cookie one though. For some reason I didn't like the cookie dough the first time I tried and the second time I really didn't like it, but the mint I didn't like that much the first time and the second time it started tasting a lot better. Maybe it's just a taste you have to get used to but the problem is always shipping costs. I am mainly using Met-RX bars with the 32g of protein simply because they are sold in local stores, shipping costs kill me always. They also have an amazing taste, but I guess when you have 35% saturated fat to work with you can make any protein bar taste good, and they do, heh. Novus bars are definately the best for nutrition, as for the protein mix I have no way to compare the two, but they just aren't as available. Hope that changes someday...

    CodeguruX

  3. #3
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeguru View Post
    I tried them with my first order, not such a fan of the cookie dough one but I ate all that I had. I could really get used to the mint cookie one though. For some reason I didn't like the cookie dough the first time I tried and the second time I really didn't like it, but the mint I didn't like that much the first time and the second time it started tasting a lot better. Maybe it's just a taste you have to get used to but the problem is always shipping costs. I am mainly using Met-RX bars with the 32g of protein simply because they are sold in local stores, shipping costs kill me always. They also have an amazing taste, but I guess when you have 35% saturated fat to work with you can make any protein bar taste good, and they do, heh. Novus bars are definately the best for nutrition, as for the protein mix I have no way to compare the two, but they just aren't as available. Hope that changes someday...

    CodeguruX
    Code, how much are you paying per bar? What difference do shipping costs make if the total is less or the same?


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Code, how much are you paying per bar? What difference do shipping costs make if the total is less or the same?
    It's like the exact same, $2.29 per bar. But the thing is it's apparently a betty crocker product or something and they had a bunch of buy one get one free coupons out that just expired this October 2nd. And also Kroger sells them 3 for $5 sometimes. I'm not using them as much now because that saturated fat just friggn kills me. That's one reason I'd be prompted to use Novus bars instead, plus the net carbs deal. I would just love it though if you guys made a peanut butter flavored Novus bar. Those never cease to be good...

    CodeguruX
    Last edited by Codeguru; 11-11-2010 at 10:44 PM.

  5. #5
    Wannabebig New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    I have no way to compare the two, but they just aren't as available. Hope that changes someday...

  6. #6
    Eat Meat teeroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    896
    Novus bars are great. I especially like them because they are low carb.

    Try throwing some in the freezer and munching on it for dessert when you get a sweet tooth. Good stuff.
    __________________________
    My Journal

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    103
    I just want to throw in here that novus bars are awesome. I just had my first one the other day, I ordered them because I need a quick snack at work for my break. Flavors are good and the price is better than most other bars.

    Great product, I wish I could afford more atlargenutrition products, but I am on a budget.

  8. #8
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Code brings up an idea I definetly won't disagree with... with how good all the ALN products taste compared to other brands I would love to try some peanut butter concoctions you guys could whip up in both a nitrean and novus bar. That would be amazing.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    with how good all the ALN products taste compared to other brands I would love to try some peanut butter concoctions you guys could whip up in both a nitrean and novus bar. That would be amazing.
    Couldn't agree more!
    “As to the methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”

Similar Threads

  1. Question about the cracked out feeling i get with novus bars
    By dynamo in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
  2. Where did Novus bars go?
    By Werks in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM
  3. Novus bars in bulk?
    By Mercuryblade in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 10:47 PM
  4. Novus bars are insane!
    By thewicked in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
  5. Novus Bars and UD2
    By Gonzo in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •