Thread: Does anyone know how to get my weight down from 181.4 to 179 or less by TOMORROW

Does anyone know how to get my weight down from 181.4 to 179 or less by TOMORROW

I have my first Jiu Jitsu competition tomorrow. I started off this week at around 185 - 187. I was very strict with my diet (calorie-wise) ever since Tuesday.

It is now 9:00 am on Friday, and as of yesterday at around 1:00 pm, I have not had any carbs. All I ate was 2 whole eggs, and 4 additional egg whites for dinner last night.

I woke up this morning, and my weight was 181.4.

I don't plan on eating any carbs between now and weigh-in tomorrow. I know that I can lose a few lbs. by water weight, but I'm not sure how to do that in such a short period of time.

Do I drink TONS of water to flush my system, or do I not drink hardly any water?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the zero carb thing for 36 hours will help too.

Any advice?
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Well first off, if you are going to do something like this, its a good idea to have done it as a practice before a competition to see how you react. Since its a little late for that, just search around the net on "cutting for wrestling" or something similar.

Im sure there are "safe" ways to do it, and then theres the rest.

Just fight heavyweight, be a man. Do they seriously check your weight? All the Tae Kwon Do tournaments I goto just take a survey like right when everyone gets to the ring and take people's word for it, then again they are never very organized. But I still fight in heavyweight even after losing 60 pounds, doesn't turn out any worse than usual but I suck at scoring points anyway...

Codeguru

PS- I don't know much of anything that can lose that amount of weight but I guess there's always eating an extreme fat loss amount of calories, pumping up the cardio a bit more and hoping for the best. If you've already been doing it the entire week the momentum is going in your favor.

Thanks guys.

No, at whitebelt level Jiujitsu, weight becomes a HUGE factor. Jiu-jitsu is supposed to be about technique, but at my level it comes down to brute strength and speed. If I am able to get down to 179, I will be in the 170 - 179 class. Otherwise, I will be in the 180 - 200 class. When you take two guys that aren't very skilled at jiujitsu, the guy with 20 lbs. has an EXTREME advantage. I'd rather just lose the 2 lbs. and fight in the lighter class. No sense in throwing my $85 out the window.
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

2.4lbs? Don't eat or drink for a day you'll make it easy. A laxative would probably help too.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

I'm not drinking any water today, and I'm not eating any carbs either....but DAMN I gotta eat something. I had a protien shake in water this morning for breakfast (260 cals), a grilled chicken, cheese, lettuce, and tomato hoagie for lunch (without eating the roll, just the insides). For dinner and late night, I probably will just eat almonds and beef jerkey.

Nothing to drink either....

Just doing this alone SUCKS!!! I want to just go eat 5 slices of pizza....thank GOD I'm done after tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    I'm not drinking any water today, and I'm not eating any carbs either....but DAMN I gotta eat something. I had a protien shake in water this morning for breakfast (260 cals), a grilled chicken, cheese, lettuce, and tomato hoagie for lunch (without eating the roll, just the insides). For dinner and late night, I probably will just eat almonds and beef jerkey.

Nothing to drink either....

Just doing this alone SUCKS!!! I want to just go eat 5 slices of pizza....thank GOD I'm done after tomorrow.
    Not drinking water helps you lose weight? In my experience once you sleep it off in the morning all the water weight is gone, and I usually drink around 130oz a day. I could see not drinking or eating until the weigh-in that day, but is it worth going to a tournament dehydrated?...

Codeguru

Quote Originally Posted by Codeguru View Post
    Not drinking water helps you lose weight? In my experience once you sleep it off in the morning all the water weight is gone, and I usually drink around 130oz a day. I could see not drinking or eating until the weigh-in that day, but is it worth going to a tournament dehydrated?...

Codeguru
    Yes, not drinking water will make you lose weight rapidly. It's not real weight and it's not healthy. But he only has 2lbs to go... really he probably wouldn't even have to limit it all that much. maybe cut it in half or a fourth of normal hydration intake for a day and I bet hed lose 2-3lbs. Assuming he has a few hours after his weigh in before he fights he shouldn't be in bad shape to reach a healthy hydrated level. Now if he were fighting very soon after his weigh in cutting water intake might be pretty dangerous...
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wannabebig Member
    When cutting for wrestling back in high school I would just wrap up in layers of sweatshirts and sweatpants, turn up the heat in the mat room, and I would just jog till I sweat off the last couple pounds before weigh in. Worked for me, dunno if it's the best.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    2.4lbs. Easy. Suana, sweat suit, no liquids.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I did end up making weight. I learned that I'd rather just maintain a weight of under 180 from now on. Fast weight cutting sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    Thanks guys for the suggestions. I did end up making weight. I learned that I'd rather just maintain a weight of under 180 from now on. Fast weight cutting sucks!
    Grats on making it. I hope I can make it back up to 180 with muscle weight some day...

Codeguru

did you win?
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Does it matter?

Props for competing bro!
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method

Wannabebig Member
    If you want to lose weight tomorrow, drink more fluids. It's proven to lose your weight.