Thread: 43 y/o - Metabolism Changing - Getting Gut - Need Advice

43 y/o - Metabolism Changing - Getting Gut - Need Advice

Hi All,

Up until about six months ago, I could eat whatever the hell I wanted. it was always hard for me to gain mass, so I've been accustomed to eating a LOT my entire life. Well, now I'm getting a gut. I'm 43 and it just started happening about six months ago and just in the last month I'm realizing it's a BIG problem that I don't have the answer to.

If I flat-out cut my calories, it seems as though my muscle shrinks but not the fat around my gut. This to me is a double-whammy. Low mass and a gut. I cannot have this!!!

Any ideas? Again, if I cut my diet or even do heavy cardio, it seems as though my muscle shrinks faster than my fat. Is this normal?

Help!

Thanks all.

-chimp

whats your daily caloric intake ? what are your stats ? height / weight / BF%

you wont lose mass if your getting enough protein and carbs before and after your workouts..

make sure your intensity in the weight room is high , lift heavy. I would also suggest doing your cardio early in the AMs ( if you can ) if not than after your work out is fine.. Always change it up though dont stick to the same routine your body will adapt and you will plateau.

just remember calories in calories out... if you want to loose weight you need to be at a caloric deficit. but again eat clean, eat very clean and lift heavy with high intensity , drop set, super set. all of that is necessary NOT in every single set performed of course, but be sure to add it into your routine.

Hope this helps man..

Hard to say on my caloric counts since I just eat and don't really count. But yes, thanks for the advice. It helps a lot!

-chimp

Quote Originally Posted by chimp_53 View Post
    Hard to say on my caloric counts since I just eat and don't really count. But yes, thanks for the advice. It helps a lot!

-chimp
    When you get to hate your fat enough, keeping track will just become a way of life. It's easier to control when you know what's going on...

Codeguru