Thread: Check out some of my competition coming in 3.5 weeks

Check out some of my competition coming in 3.5 weeks

So I talked to a guy I'll be competing against this coming April in Davenport, Iowa. It's a combination of the NPC Iowa and Midwest Open. Two shows in one day.

I just got off the phone with Chris (first photo) as he was cool enough to explain how things are going to work (this is my first show) and let me know that these two other monsters are showing up as well.

This is all just experience for me, I'd be kidding myself if I thought I'd actually be competitive with these guys but still cool none-the-less.

Here's Chris. Super cool guy, hes the only reason I even know about this show. I dont know when this pic was taken but he's going to be coming in this year much bigger. He used to work with Dante Trudel as well back in the day.

This guy is a freak, 6'2, 260 on stage!! His name is Eric Posejtal. Luckily hes not a Iowa resident so he wont be doing the Iowa part of the show lol.

Here is the last guy named Bryce Holmes. He lives really close to me and he'll be doing the Iowa show. Lots of size but not so much symmetry.

All three are National level competitors.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

House Lannister
    That first guy looks conditioned as hell. Correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but was Chris one of the guys Dante mentioned that he used to work with and that has since regressed since working with him after switching off DC?

Middle looks good, but holding water?

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    That first guy looks conditioned as hell. Correct me if I'm wrong Jay, but was Chris one of the guys Dante mentioned that he used to work with and that has since regressed since working with him after switching off DC?

Middle looks good, but holding water?
    I'm not for sure but it definitely could be since Chris no longer trains DC.

Heres another of Eric. He does seem kind of smooth, definitely doesnt have the lines like Chris. Chris told me plans to drop down to 230 so that he can get 1st in the heavies and then go up against Eric in the overall (Eric is a super).

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Where's you?

Those are some big boys. What are your current stats?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

JDub, I've known Bryce for a long time. Pretty good dude. Both he and Ryan Irwin (owns NutriSport in Clive) have a ton of experience and are a wealth of information.

Gold's has some promo going on. PM me if you want to lift at Gold's (WDM) free for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Where's you?

Those are some big boys. What are your current stats?
    Right now I'm sitting around 205ish, at 6'2! LOL

Only 60 more lbs to go... haha

Here is a somewhat recent picture that Alex had for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hoot View Post
    JDub, I've known Bryce for a long time. Pretty good dude. Both he and Ryan Irwin (owns NutriSport in Clive) have a ton of experience and are a wealth of information.

Gold's has some promo going on. PM me if you want to lift at Gold's (WDM) free for a month.
    I just actually trained up at Golds for the first time with my buddy who is a member there a couple weeks back. He also says hes going to do the show but I have a feeling he'll back out last minute. I really loved the facility. I'm looking for jobs in the area but right now I'm too far away to make the drive on a consistent basis. Thanks though.

looks like a natural going up against some heavily juiced up guys. Idk if you are, but thats what it looks like. Still, you look good and at least you're competing. I wish you good luck. You should take some pictures for us when you compete and make a thread of how it went. Stuff like that would be great for the bodybuilding section.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

My girl is a picture freak. She'll take plenty and I'll post them up from the hotel while I'm there if I have time.

House Lannister
    Jay, where's the show located? If it's in Iowa I could possibly stop by and check it out, depending on my schedule.

Good Luck. The second guy looked like he has a mild case of gyno.

Jay, where's the show located? If it's in Iowa I could possibly stop by and check it out, depending on my schedule.
    Davenport bro.

If you are 205 lbs then it is likely that you would end up competing as a Light-Heavyweight, right? (198 lbs)

Some of the guys who you posted above look pretty massive...
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    Davenport bro.
    Crap. If it was closer I'd go for sure. 3 hours is a ways tho....

Post some of your other pics up. That picture isn't your best pose. You've got a solid BDB.

Your conditioning and shape look good, you just need mass like you intimated.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    If you are 205 lbs then it is likely that you would end up competing as a Light-Heavyweight, right? (198 lbs)

Some of the guys who you posted above look pretty massive...
    Yeah I'll be in the light heavies. I can easily drop another 10 lbs.

Crap. If it was closer I'd go for sure. 3 hours is a ways tho....

Post some of your other pics up. That picture isn't your best pose. You've got a solid BDB.
    I'll get some updated pics up in the pics section sometime later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    Your conditioning and shape look good, you just need mass like you intimated.
    Yeah, I still have more time for conditioning for this show, and as far as size goes, well that will come with time and heavy ass weights. And I'd like to think I have time on my side, I'm only 24.