The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Lordosis

Lordosis

I've had back spasms on and off for a long time, and I'm pretty sure this is to blame... If I lie down on the floor, there is definately space between my lower back and the floor, and the bottom of my stomach protrudes a bit. Are there any exercises I can do to fix this, other than deadlifts? I'm sure that would be best, but with my spine out of whack, anytime I try to do them I get back spasms. I read that weak glutes and hams cause this, but if anyone has better information and can help it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Y2A; 11-04-2010 at 04:13 AM.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I have the same problem.

Glute bridges and Bird dogs are said to help, as is lots of stretching for the hams.

If you google Lordisis rehab you should be able to find more info.
    Without progression, I am nothing.

Hey Y2A, I used to also get lots of spasms too - you name it, back, hams, calves, foot etc. I was a mess, hell still am a bit.

It's rare I get any nowadays and I attribute a lot of that down to regular mobility work for the glutes, hams and hips and also warming up for about 20 mins before a lower body workout - a good mix of statis and dynamic stretching.

Check out the warm up articles by Nick Tumminello on WBB, there are pretty solid. Also try doing the agile 8 by defranco every day too.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Thanks for the tips guys, I found some stretches that may help and I'll try for a better warmup as you suggest Daniel.

Clone, how is your rehab going, have you noticed improvement?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Banned
    I have the same curve in my spine...I look pregnant when standing up . Hip mobility and hamstring flexibility...if I keep up with it, no back pain. If I get lazy and skip a week or two, back pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys, I found some stretches that may help and I'll try for a better warmup as you suggest Daniel.

Clone, how is your rehab going, have you noticed improvement?
    Sadly I didn't notice an improvement.

But I only did it for a few months before I fell off the wagon. It appears I have an extreme case, and may need a ton of work to correct it.
    Without progression, I am nothing.

Wannabebig Member MyWeightLifting's Avatar
    You mentioned finding some stretches already, but incase you didn't already come across these helpful pages when searching searching the web, then here ya go:

And here's the links Daniel Clough mentioned:
    Last edited by MyWeightLifting; 11-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    If you liked my post, you'll probably like my weight lifting information site too. Check it out, Slime!

I was wrong, wen't to an Ortho and had X-rays and all. No hyper lordosis, no fractures, no disc damage. I have a right on right sacral torsion. He made several adjustments to my back/pelvic/hip area and seems confident that I should be fine after this or possibly one more visit. I appreciate his enthusiasm but I'll believe it when I see it. Here's to hoping.
    Last edited by Y2A; 11-23-2010 at 03:26 PM.