The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    House Lannister

Dual-Factor Hypertrophy Training

Anyone tried this program? It seems pretty interesting. I know Madcow recommends it as a potential follow-up to 5x5 training for those looking for greater muscle mass. I like the principles of the program also.

Linky to write-up
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 11-27-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Better link added

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It looks like it has some good principles, ME and DE"s, I don't know if all the exercises are needed, the list could be shorter. I could see inexperienced lifters burning out fast with this type of program, setting maxes too high and not allowing for enough rest.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    It looks like it has some good principles, ME and DE"s, I don't know if all the exercises are needed, the list could be shorter. I could see inexperienced lifters burning out fast with this type of program, setting maxes too high and not allowing for enough rest.
    Agreed.

I don't know if it included in the write-up, but the author of the program has stated that the progra
    is NOT for new lifters. From what I've read, it's sort of like WSB but for bodybuilders.

The volume is pretty high, but that's the idea. Fatigue is accumulated over four weeks, then a deload occurs, then you either restart the fatigue phase or go into an "intensity" phase of lower volume but high intensity in order to demonstrate your strength gained during the fatigue weeks.

I've talked about similar things in the past...as in doing a foundation routine and alternating specialization routines to work on weak points.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I've talked about similar things in the past...as in doing a foundation routine and alternating specialization routines to work on weak points.
    Ah I didn't see that mesocycle layout in the link.

I was more curious on what people thought of the program's principles and if anyone had ran a cycle of it. That mesocycle was suggested by a member as a possible setup for the program--it isn't dogma.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Ah I didn't see that mesocycle layout in the link.

I was more curious on what people thought of the program's principles and if anyone had ran a cycle of it. That mesocycle was suggested by a member as a possible setup for the program--it isn't dogma.

I really think the concepts in this are pretty basic. ME day, DE day, and a period of rest. A few of the power lifters on this site use routines similar to this, one example off the top of my head is westside (correct me if i'm wrong). I know Chris Mason did an interview with one of the radio stations and talked about some of it's applications.

If you want to see the success of this type of training I would check out the journals of the power lifters. I know Travis Bell trains westside and keeps a journal here.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Cards View Post
    I really think the concepts in this are pretty basic. ME day, DE day, and a period of rest. A few of the power lifters on this site use routines similar to this, one example off the top of my head is westside (correct me if i'm wrong). I know Chris Mason did an interview with one of the radio stations and talked about some of it's applications.

If you want to see the success of this type of training I would check out the journals of the power lifters. I know Travis Bell trains westside and keeps a journal here.
    Okay thanks for your input I'll take a look at Bell's journal.

House Lannister
    OT: Dude Cards wtf you are JACKED in your profile pic! Are you bulking right now or something?

Banned
    Its not the same program, but I'll be doing the Madcow Advanced 5x5 dual factor program after my Dec 5th meet. See my log if you are interested to check progress. Looking to use it to bulk to around 230 by march/april.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post
    Its not the same program, but I'll be doing the Madcow Advanced 5x5 dual factor program after my Dec 5th meet. See my log if you are interested to check progress. Looking to use it to bulk to around 230 by march/april.
    Thanks C!

I have used the intermediate version of Madcow to give myself a strength base for more aesthetic training, so I'm looking at this program as my follow up to intermediate as it's more hypertrophy-focused.