Thread: Trying to get back in shape

Trying to get back in shape

As most know my butt hates cardio but I have to get back in shape because this extra super heavy weight crap is not cutting it. I need some ideas because I do not have a sled or a prowler so any other ideas?
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

At your size, small diet changes and things like walking will likely shed a few pounds and get you feeling better. Save the sled/prowler work for a little bit later IMHO. This article by Jim Wendler is pretty good on how he went from larger and out of shape, to leaner and more conditioned.

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...ss-to-bad-ass/
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

TJW
    I agree with Pete. Jim's article is great and lets you slowly get back into shape by walking. Eventually you will be jogging, sprinting, etc.

I made my own "sled" last week by taking one of my old skateboard decks and drilling a hole through the middle of it, and then using just an empty adjustable dumbbell pushed through the hole to hold my weight plates on top of the deck. I nailed 3 boards to the bottom of the deck to have something to drag on that won't break, and I just connected a rope to the empty dumbbell and I put the plates over it. It's working fine, so far. Just saying, you can make a sled pretty easily.

Also, hill sprints.

Check this thread out http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...ht=fat+guy+gpp Also, don't get discouraged. The first day I started after being my heaviest, I could barely walk half a mile. Within three weeks I was chugging along for over a mile with a 40 lb weight vest. I agree with Wendler's article. It shows a plan. You should have a plan to get in shape. It's just like we have a plan to lift heavy weights.

A few things, you will drop some strength trying to get in condition. However, after a little time it comes back. I feel like a different person now that I am in better condition. I am living much more of a full life. Good luck big man.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

Start out slowly with adding in some brisk walks outside, say 45 min once a day. Also diet plays a key role again little changes here and there. It all adds up over time.
    "What is the strongest cure?—Victory."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

“You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny."

-Brihadaranyaka Upanishad

So is the 1000 raw taking a backseat to this?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    So is the 1000 raw taking a backseat to this?
    no i am still going for it then the weight drop
    Best Raw Squatter and Sponsored by the Best AtLarge Nutrition, Titan, and APT.

Gotcha. Figured it would be tough to focus on both and knew that grand has been tempting you for a long time.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Diet is the most important part. You can eat 500 calories in a few seconds, but it takes forever to burn it off walking. Cardio is useful and good for your heart health, but it all starts with what you're eating. Those pictures of Vincent's fridge were awesome. Having pre-made healthy food available is critical.

You can do small stuff too. Shorten the rest periods for your accessory work and increase the reps. Work up to super setting some of the lighter accessory work.
    www.wildirongym.com
    Become a fan of Wild Iron on Facebook:
    http://tinyurl.com/WildIron

What the fellow above me said. You can pull a sled all you want, that isn't going to make you drop weight. You need to make some significant changes to your diet. If you are willing to commit, with no excuses, I can help. I guarantee we can get you to a still VERY strong 300 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason View Post
    What the fellow above me said. You can pull a sled all you want, that isn't going to make you drop weight. You need to make some significant changes to your diet. If you are willing to commit, with no excuses, I can help. I guarantee we can get you to a still VERY strong 300 or so.
    I can vouch for this! Chris helped me drop 50 pounds or so and stay strong a couple years back.
    23 years old
    6'3, 308 lbs

825 Squat
    470 Bench
    645 Deadlift
    1905 total
    www.atlargenutrition.com

I cycled carbs and lost 20 in 3 months. What ever you do believe in it and stick to it and the lbs will roll off
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS