The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thanks to HCT-12

As it is now a big boy and does not have it's own part of the forum I thought I would post a small tribute to HCT-12 here.

I ran it from complete novice and as featherweight as they come from the day it was released untill yesterday.
    As a novice it was a welcome relief to find a program that allowed you to alter it enough to fit your means or needs, injuries equipment, etc yet it was rigid enough to stay simple and easy to follow.

The simplicity of the routine allowed me to stay focused and not get distracted by the stuff that doesn't matter! It was a solid no frills no spills workout that kept me focused on progression, and true progression not egotistical bench efforts every 3 days....

On top of all this it came with a top diet and supplement section that simply informed me of the importance of food and supplements in order to progress. I put on 2.5 stone in 7months even for a novice I consider that a good step and thanks to the basic outline I could achieve this.

So in short thanks to wbb and atlarge/Daniel for putting this routine together and I urge anyone looking for a new routine, a change of pace or their first routine to consider HCT-12.

Keiran
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Glad you liked it, but the credit should go to you.

Anyone can read the program and diet literature, but it's you who put it into practice and kept at it. That's the lesson to take away from this.

And 35 pounds in 7 months along with your strength increases is a great achievement and provides you with a solid foundation for progress in the future and an understanding of what it actually takes to progress - you should never be duped by hype again. That was my aim and thanks for your perseverance and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Roberts View Post
    Glad you liked it, but the credit should go to you.

Anyone can read the program and diet literature, but it's you who put it into practice and kept at it. That's the lesson to take away from this.

And 35 pounds in 7 months along with your strength increases is a great achievement and provides you with a solid foundation for progress in the future and an understanding of what it actually takes to progress - you should never be duped by hype again. That was my aim and thanks for your perseverance and consistency.

Thanks Daniel your right but the foundations lay in the planning and that was this program, I har every intention of going back to the routine in a year or so for a winter by then I hope to be using some really big plates for the clusters either way I still sternly recommend this as a routine and I just yesterday wrote it down for 3 guys at the gym that couldn't believe I was their size 7 months ago! Told them to eat more too :-)

A Westside journal.

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

Good man and good luck! What program are you going to be using next and what's your focus?

Good man and good luck! What program are you going to be using next and what's your focus?
    I am actually training for an ametuar strongman comp in march next year!! A few blokes down at my gym invited me along so I am gonna give that one a shot! It's all listed in my journal still. Unfortunatly by it's nature I wouldn't have been able to train accordingly with Hct but it should be a nice new challenge, I have a basic strength level now to deal with certain bits of my strongman training that I just didn't have in may so I hope it will be good :-)

A Westside journal.

Brave man, well done. If you need any help let me know, but Tom Mutaffis is your man on this stuff.

Brave man, well done. If you need any help let me know, but Tom Mutaffis is your man on this stuff.
    Cheers mate :-)

A Westside journal.

Great stuff Kiff. Just think, you found a good routine, stuck to it and put in the effort, and that got you noticed by the big boys. I think there is a great lesson in there for everyone. Thanks for sharing, and I agree, HCT-12 is a fantastic program.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Great stuff Kiff. Just think, you found a good routine, stuck to it and put in the effort, and that got you noticed by the big boys. I think there is a great lesson in there for everyone. Thanks for sharing, and I agree, HCT-12 is a fantastic program.
    Cheers OffRoad must of done something right :-) onto chapter two....

A Westside journal.