The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Wars: Episode 2

Anybody else excited about tommorrow?
    I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Me and my buds are going tommorrow. Bringing my light saber!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I'm bringing my twelve-pack
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    I'm bringing my twelve-pack
    LOL. Ya I always drink in theatre. This is Canada after all.

wicked film !!!!!!

loved it.

Yoda kicked ass !!!!
    Anything is possible, just most likely improbable

'' If I cant be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself '' - Busta Rhymes

Wannabebig Member
    I saw it yesterday. Was definitely better than phantom menace. You get to see how a lot of things developed for episodes IV, V and VI. The acting was a little stiff but all in all it's worth seeing.

Bespoke Super Mod
    The actions scenes were excellent (loads of them)

The plot also has a rather soppy love story encompassed in it as well
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

I kept looking at my watch because the plot development at the beginning was boring. I did enjoy watching just_a_pup kick butt, though. Do you think he walks with a cane into the gym?

Just got back. Good flick.

Natalie Portman really wants to have my babies. She told me subliminally. I think it'd be good for her.

Watching Yoda fight made my day.

Best prediction of the film:

"I have a feeling you (Annikin) are going to be the death of me." - Obe Wan Kenobi
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Yeah really good flick...and Yoda has many ninja-like qualities...he went totally insane and it was sweet...he shoulda popped a huge green boner and then wailed on his axe!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

KICK ASS MOVIE. enough said.
    Sweat in time of peace, bleed less in time of war.

I forgot, the best part of the film was being able to see Natalie's breasts through her white top.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Pfft! Like she'd be interested in an dumbass geordie car theif!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

you see breasts.. I'm going...

Banned
    A couple things bothered me about that movie

***SPOLIER SPACE**** WARNING, SPOILERS BELOW ****

that oughta be enough

1) In retrospect, Owen and Beru Lars make a really poor choice for Luke's foster parents. What happens if Anakin ever took to being a little sentimental and wanted to visit mom's grave? (odds are he wouldn't, but he at least KNOWS of the place.). If he ever went NEAR Tattooine, he'd find Luke (forget that Old Ben is also nearby as well, ostensibly to keep an eye on Luke). Plus people keep going back to Tatooine for the damnedest reasons. Better to avoid the place, i'd think. Not to mention it's a crappy planet.

2) WHen yoda is fighting Senator Doodoo or whatever his name is, and the guy makes the column fall towards Obi and Ani, it would have taken a LOT less force power to simply move the PEOPLE instead of catching the ******* column. Which would have left Yoda lots of time to stop Doodoo. But that would make things hard for Episode 3. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but stuff like this bugs me...

3) Execution of the jedi + padme in the arena falls into the 'classic mistakes of villians' genre. Yes this is a movie based on the action serials of yore, but STILL. Almost as tacky as the scrod-monster garbage compactor scene in the original.

4) even though doodoo DID get past yoda, the jedis had no ships in orbit, no starship support? THey couldnt' get a transponder ID and alert Coruscant? Pretty weak.

5) Padme says she didn't want to encourage Ani's advances, yet she prances around on Naboo in a freaking leather bustier, sheer dressing gowns, etc, etc. The bloody DROIDs are getting stiffies just watching her, and yet she protests when Ani wants to 'get with her'? Sheesh.

And yeah, you could see Natalie Portman's hoohoos pretty good in that white top. If you like tiny/petite women with a/b-cups, she's ok.

My $0.02.
    Callahan

LOL @ Callahan's post!
    That just convinced me to go see the movie!

Originally posted by Savannah
    LOL @ Callahan's post!
    That just convinced me to go see the movie!
    I never knew you liked Natalie Portman in that way Anna!

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ah, just to add, I saw her on Letterman the other night and she is just absolutely beautiful........

Banned
    Beautiful?

Bah.

She's alright, I guess.

I could take or leave her face/body, it's OK and she seemed to be sporting actual abs when she was wearing a croptop, but the most attractive feature of her is clearly her mind.

Originally posted by Callahan
    A couple things bothered me about that movie

that oughta be enough

1) In retrospect, Owen and Beru Lars make a really poor choice for Luke's foster parents. What happens if Anakin ever took to being a little sentimental and wanted to visit mom's grave? (odds are he wouldn't, but he at least KNOWS of the place.). If he ever went NEAR Tattooine, he'd find Luke (forget that Old Ben is also nearby as well, ostensibly to keep an eye on Luke). Plus people keep going back to Tatooine for the damnedest reasons. Better to avoid the place, i'd think. Not to mention it's a crappy planet.
    Okay, this didn't bother me, but you know what did? Supposedly, it's been ten years since 'The Phantom Menace' So, Lars and Schmi couldn't have been together longer than that. Yet, obviously Owen, their child together, is a good deal older than that. Shoot, he's got stubble. Did I miss something? Or is this just plain stupid?

Besides, there are far too many coincidences in both this and the 'Phantom Menace' for my taste. It's worse than Dickens. Let me get this straight: Darth Vader built C3PO, but there's no hint of recognition in the later films? Jabba the Hut presided over the race in which Anakin won his freedom? Boba Fett was the progenitor of the fabled clone army?(Oh yeah, and Vader betrays not a hint of recognition in 'Empire'. Nor, for that matter, does Kenobi when C3PO and R2-D2 show up in 'Star Wars') I'm sure there are a bunch more; I just can't think of them at the moment.

Can you tell I didn't care for the film?

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

And yeah, you could see Natalie Portman's hoohoos pretty good in that white top. If you like tiny/petite women with a/b-cups, she's ok.
    You made some good points Callahan.

I was liking the white top. Natalie is pretty damn hot, but no Racheal Stevens.

As Star Wars goes, what movies compare? None. Episode 2 fricking rocked! Yoda's fight scene was kick ass. Jango Fett is my hero!

B&I- those things you mentioned bothered the heck outta me. Especially the droids.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Banned
    Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Okay, this didn't bother me, but you know what did? Supposedly, it's been ten years since 'The Phantom Menace' So, Lars and Schmi couldn't have been together longer than that. Yet, obviously Owen, their child together, is a good deal older than that. Shoot, he's got stubble. Did I miss something? Or is this just plain stupid?
    IIRC, Owen claims to be his 'step brother', not his 'half brother'.

This would make Schmi his stepmother, and I would assume that he was the child of a pervious marriage, rather than a product of Schmi and Lars.

It wasn't Boba that was the progenitor of the clone army, it was Boba's clone-daddy. I had thought that in the books/etc the clones were supposed to be clones of the jedis so cloned to take advantage of their force-manipulation abilities, but I may be off here. I ain't really a card-carrying Star Wars geek.
    Last edited by Relentless; 05-21-2002 at 01:19 PM.

Owen claims to be his 'step brother', not his 'half brother'.

This would make Schmi his stepmother, and I would assume that he was the child of a pervious marriage, rather than a product of Schmi and Lars.
    Okay, I did miss something. I musta been glancing at my watch when this was mentioned.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Wannabebig Member
    I just wanted to say that Natalie is smokin. I'm only 5'7" so a petite little woman would suite me just fine.

I just want to watch the movie because of the special effects. I couldn't care less for the story line.
    Nowadays, Hollywood movies are terrible.
    Btw, I went to see it on Saturday with my bro and it was sold out.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo