The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

weight loss verses muscle building?

got a question of my own..i just started working out again about 6 weeks ago ive shown a lot of progress but want more this is my deal..Im working out to lose weight and build mass but what is happening is im not eating as much which in turn does that mean i cant do weight losing and muscle building at the same time???.. i want to lose more weight im 240 @ 6'1 and build a good looking body...I started at 265 ...but Im stuck at 240ish whats the best way to get both and yes i have show a big improvement in my body already...my worry is that if i eat more to gain more muscle i wont lose the weight and if i dont eat as much i wont gain muscle or even lose muscle.....help me out guys please...thanks..chris

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    What's your diet look like....Give us an idea of what you eat and many people will be here to help you out.

It is very hard to burn fat and build muscle at the same time. It takes a lot of tweaking in your diet. Let us know what you eat every day and we will let you know what you need to do to get the best results you can

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Homes, you've got to know your body well. You've got to have spent maybe a few years until you can figure out what exactly works for YOU in order to burn fat and build lean mass at the same time. Were all a bit different, thats true, but in general, to gain you eat more, to lose you eat less. The happy medium is extremely personal to whomever is attempting it.

Wannabebig Member
    Well i dont have a regular eating thing yet..i eat like two homemade sandwiches a day and a dinned ...wife makes whatever so who knows what ill have..try giving me something to try and ill try it thanks

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    if you gain more muscle, it will increase your metabolism making fat loss easier.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Wannabebig Member
    OK grapeape

You need to eat 6 smaller meals a day for one. Try to go clean. Look around the board and see what others are eating to cut. You also have to choose which diet you want to go with. You are going to have to start tracking your calories too.

Once you make a decision on your diet we can give you advice on what to eat. Just try to eat cleaner to start with. Tell your wife that there are certain foods that you want to eat for dinner instead. Not only will it help you, but it will help her and whoever else eats the food she cooks(kids maybe).

Some examples would be brown rice instead of white rice. Skim milk instead of 2% or whole. Oatmeal for breakfast instead of a pop tart or sugary cereal. Just eating cleaner will help you out a lot. Also, when eating cleaner you are more than likely taking in less calories.

Grasshoppa
    Yes, you definately need to eat more. Eating less or even starving yourself in order to lose weight can have real negative impacts on weight loss. Your metabolism tends to slow down more that way I think.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park