Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSP/Koscheck

GSP/Koscheck

Georges has smashed everyone he has rematched. Can't see this being any different unless Kos does something completely different. Looping overhand rights will rsesult in him getting taken down. If he takes GSP down, what can he do next? The rest of the card appears weak for a PPV. Probably won't even order this one, but who knows. Overall more interested in the K-1 tournament. Think that will be on HDNet.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

Yea I can't wait to see this fight I hope GSP smashes Kos.

I used to like Kos as a fighter cause he was always improving from fight to fight. Lately though he's just cocked that right hand below his chin and holds it there ready to swing and it's just plain annoying. The guys development as a fighter has just stalled to be honest. His right hand is powerful but it's slow and Kos would be a better fighter if he had continued to learn to strike and not keep this style he has now just because he KO'd some people.

Struve/McCorkle I'm actually slightly interested in only because McCorkle looks like an honest HW prospect and those are rare these days. Watch the count down might make you more interested in the fight.

Stevenson/Danzig is an ok fight don't care really either way.

Jim Miller/Olivera looks like an awesome fight. Olivera has an amazing BJJ game his fight before escudero he used this half-triangle type guard and got an arm bar. It was awesome to see because I was learning a bunch of different moves from the same guard and was wondering why I had never seen it in MMA. It was working so well in class I thought maybe at high levels it wasn't effective..I was obviously wrong.

Actually typing all this up has got me a bit more excited for the card.

Edit:

Forgot to mention I read that K-1/Dream is having serious financial trouble. There is rumors that they will be going under soon unless they get a serious investor.
    Last edited by method115; 12-08-2010 at 05:02 AM.

I'm hoping GSP crushes Koscheck. I don't like his arrogant attitude or, like method, his progression as a fighter. If he seriously thinks he's going to knock GSP out with that looping right of his....I don't know what the hell he's thinking. He will be easy pickings if that is his only strategy, which according to the interviews I've seen, it probaby is. Sounds like he thinks he can just stand and bang with him and get the KO. I don't blame GSP for fighting smart and taking guys down....he does look to finish from these positions, but I'd like to see him stand and trade with Koscheck. It's something we haven't seen from him in awhile, and I think he could pick him apart. I see that he's been putting in a lot of time with Roach lately, so I'm hoping that this is his gameplan.

I think it'll be a pretty good card. The matchups will make for some exciting fights at least. Struve always puts on a good show....I'm expecting a KO from somebody there. You guys aren't excited to see Alves and John Howard? Damn, I know somebody is going to get clipped in that one.
    Last edited by RBB; 12-08-2010 at 06:57 AM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I predict an arss whoopin' is coming to Kos.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

Kind of hard not to like GSP in this one, he is hard not to like period. The guy just shows up fight after fight better then he was the last time? He hands out the most respectful ass whoopins I have ever seen!

Garage Lifter
    I'm really hoping to see GSP go back to his stand-up for this one. I think their wrestling will pretty much nullify each others abillity to get it to the ground. Probably will go the distance, unless someone gases.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Definitely rooting for GSP in this one, more so than usual. After watching TUF and a few interviews, I dislike Kos more than I did Penn when he and GSP fought last. The thing about loud mouth punks like him, once they get beat they usually disappear. A good honest fighter that loses is much more likely to get a second shot. I hope GSP beats this guy senseless and shuts him up permanently.

After watching him try to punk that male nurse or whatever on the TUF, Kos just proved he's an immature child with no control over his emotions.
    +1 for the guy on the TUF who was mocking the crap out of him when he walked in, that was great.

The Alves fight should be a slug fest which is always a good time too.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

I forgot about the Alves fight thats definitely going to be a good one. This will probably be the opening fight, if there smart anyways.

Way more interested in the K1 WGP Finals. I think that Koscheck is being underestimated, but i still think he will lose to GSP.

GSP will become the human blanket that he has become and take KOS down and lay on him doing enough to win the round and we will probably have another great yet predictable and boring 5 round GSP performance.

I am not taking anything away from his skill level and he is almost unmatched in MMA period, but ever since he was KO by Serra he is very hesitant to stand and bang with anyone, even though he has excellent striking and KO power.

Who knows maybe KOS pissed him off enough on the show and GSP will step outside of his comfort zone, but I highly doubt this.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by View 1 View Post
    GSP will become the human blanket that he has become and take KOS down and lay on him doing enough to win the round and we will probably have another great yet predictable and boring 5 round GSP performance.

I am not taking anything away from his skill level and he is almost unmatched in MMA period, but ever since he was KO by Serra he is very hesitant to stand and bang with anyone, even though he has excellent striking and KO power.

Who knows maybe KOS pissed him off enough on the show and GSP will step outside of his comfort zone, but I highly doubt this.
    George st.pierre has fought Dan Hardy,Thiago Alves, and BJ penn in his last three fights. All three of them are considered great strikers with there biggest weakness being the bottom game. George st.pierre did what any smart fighter would do and took them out of there comfort zone. If you call the BJ Penn fight being a blanket then you just don't know what your watching.

Before that was the Jon Fitch fight he murdered him on the feet. He wasn't a blanket in the Matt serra or Matt hughes fight. In the first Josh Koscheck fight it was obvious that he should put Josh on his back the guy has no game off his back. I don't think Kos has ever fought off his back except against GSP.

So the only fights you can really claim he "blanketed" someone was in the Thiago Alves fight and the Dan Hardy which i disagree he blanketed them but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by method115 View Post
    George st.pierre has fought Dan Hardy,Thiago Alves, and BJ penn in his last three fights. All three of them are considered great strikers with there biggest weakness being the bottom game. George st.pierre did what any smart fighter would do and took them out of there comfort zone. If you call the BJ Penn fight being a blanket then you just don't know what your watching.

Before that was the Jon Fitch fight he murdered him on the feet. He wasn't a blanket in the Matt serra or Matt hughes fight. In the first Josh Koscheck fight it was obvious that he should put Josh on his back the guy has no game off his back. I don't think Kos has ever fought off his back except against GSP.

So the only fights you can really claim he "blanketed" someone was in the Thiago Alves fight and the Dan Hardy which i disagree he blanketed them but whatever.
    So let me get this straight I state my opinion and it is different from yours so that means I do not know what I am watching? SMH

GSP has fought the smart fight against everyone who he has faced since getting KO by Serra which is taking them down and dominating them on the ground. Like I stated before GSP does have the skill set and power to bang with the best of them yet he does not, as he is not willing to take the risk of getting knocked out again.

Now the blanket reference comes from what he does while he has them on there back, he does just enough to win the round, he could easily try to trap and arm or go for the full mount and ground and pound them out, but he does not do that, he throws a punch or elbow here and there ( sometimes he is more active ) and will move to a more dominate position but only if the opportunity presents itself without risk of reversal.

He did get an arm bar on Hughes, he did stop Serra the second fight with knees to the body ( this is what I am talking about, he has the ability to end fights in devastating fashion ) he did dominate Penn on the ground which is the only fight I will say he was not a blanket based on how skilled Penn is on the ground, but GSP just flat out owned him.

But that does not change the fact that he is not active while he is in the dominate position. I understand he is very afraid to lose again, and I will never take away from his skill set which I stated in my first post, I just want to see him more active on the ground plain and simple.
    Last edited by View 1; 12-10-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by View 1 View Post
    So let me get this straight I state my opinion and it is different from yours so that means I do not know what I am watching? SMH

GSP has fought the smart fight against everyone who he has faced since getting KO by Serra which is taking them down and dominating them on the ground. Like I stated before GSP does have the skill set and power to bang with the best of them yet he does not, as he is not willing to take the risk of getting knocked out again.

Now the blanket reference comes from what he does while he has them on there back, he does just enough to win the round, he could easily try to trap and arm or go for the full mount and ground and pound them out, but he does not do that, he throws a punch or elbow here and there ( sometimes he is more active ) and will move to a more dominate position but only if the opportunity presents itself without risk of reversal.

He did get an arm bar on Hughes, he did stop Serra the second fight with knees to the body ( this is what I am talking about, he has the ability to end fights in devastating fashion ) he did dominate Penn on the ground which is the only fight I will say he was not a blanket based on how skilled Penn is on the ground, but GSP just flat out owned him.

But that does not change the fact that he is not active while he is in the dominate position. I understand he is very afraid to lose again, and I will never take away from his skill set which I stated in my first post, I just want to see him more active on the ground plain and simple.
    Well I guess we just have a different opinion of how active GSP is being.

Im a Koscheck fan and was hoping he would try to keep this fight standing but now GSP has gone away and and worked with Freddie Roach this may not be the best idea. So Kos might have to do what he does best and wrestle. But we all know GSP likes to fight wrestlers.

The guys on MMA Live picked Kos to win?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    The guys on MMA Live picked Kos to win?
    Are you kidding? They must be trying to just stir up some controversy. Obviously, he's got a puncher's chance, but not much more than that, IMO.
    Last edited by RBB; 12-10-2010 at 02:17 PM.

It's in Montreal. Home court advantage.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Just finished watching the K-1 GP on my DVR. Wow! My buddy is getting the UFC tonight, so I'll go watch it, but I expect a letdown afer this.

Just get under the bar!

GSP by domination
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Good card in general. Gingers were out in full force. There was one red-head who was getting pwned in the first round but handled the rest of the fight like a champ. He lost but I wish he had won.

It was a good night.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Man, GSP just demoralized Kos. People are gonna complain that he can't finish but I think getting beat down for 5 rounds is worse mentally for Kos than getting KO'd. GSP just dominated every aspect of that fight.
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab.Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab-Jab. Jab. Jab. Jab.

Move the F out of the way.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Tough to move out of the way when you can't see it coming. Poor game planning regardless. Even if his eye didn't swell up, it seemed all Koscheck was banking on was throwing that jab and hitting the big overhand right. Very disappointed there wasn't a finish, but it arguably could have been stopped between those later rounds. Wish Georges would have opened up more, but I guess give Koscheck credit for hanging in there?

Just get under the bar!

When was the last time GSP lost a round? GSP/Kos 1?

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    When was the last time GSP lost a round? GSP/Kos 1?
    Yeah, that was the last time he lost a round. Fight went pretty much as expected....GSP just picked him apart. Very poor game planning on Koscheck's part. I still would have liked to see a finish.

joey, that K-1 was pretty solid. I was impressed with Aerts, he is one tought old bastard. Overeem is an animal, though. Kind of looked like he sandbagged his way through his first two fights, just saving his energy for the final.