The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Weak Mofo

2012 Mustang Boss 302

2012 Mustang Boss 302

Just read about the Mustang Boss coming out sometime next year. I was just about to buy a Mustang GT but I think I'm going to hold out to get the Boss instead. Looks like a pretty sweet car.

Any thoughts?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

For the money your gonna drop i'd get a c6...Then again I own a GTO so i'm a bit partial to GM vehicles. I would take the Boos over any other trim mustang however.
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*
    Deccember 07 - 225 pounds

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds
    *Bulking till January 1st*

Are the upgrades worth $10k to you? If you just want power a blower for $6k will make a lot more power. If you want to customize or work on the car yourself you could add all the boss stuff for ~$6k and have extra money left over. It is up to you and what you want to pay for. For $40k I would buy a c6 z06.
    Nick V

If you want to be able to say "i own a 2012 boss" then I would get it.

However I like to get my hands dirty so I rather buy a 06 GTO and put 20k into it and waste anything I see. I love thr GTOs as well, but im a Ford fan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by left hook View Post
    For the money your gonna drop i'd get a c6...Then again I own a GTO so i'm a bit partial to GM vehicles. I would take the Boos over any other trim mustang however.
    Cammed GTO here as well...

Take the C6 advice...

My car makes 460 RWHP and my friends C6 makes about 480 or so with just headers and a cam. You would think it would be a close race, but its not. He absolutely murders me because he weighs 500 lbs less. By the time I hit 100 MPH, hes already going about 115-120. His car runs 11.1 at 129-130...thats absurdly fast with just a couple of mods. Bone stock they are hitting high 11's at high teens.

Plus GM v-8s are a MILLION times easier to mod and maintain than any Ford DOHC V-8's. Want to do a cam swap in your ford? Have fun shelling out the $$$ for 4 cams.

With that being said, if you are in it for the nostalgia and intend to keep the car stock and the car makes you happy, go for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ffkjj View Post
    If you want to be able to say "i own a 2012 boss" then I would get it.

However I like to get my hands dirty so I rather buy a 06 GTO and put 20k into it and waste anything I see. I love thr GTOs as well, but im a Ford fan
    Gotta love the GTO! Can get a good, used 6.0 for 16k or less. Spend 3k modding it, headers, cam, intake or even heads and make mid to high 400's. Its the best bang for the buck car out there right now.

Wannabebig Member
    I would get the GT and put either the Ford Racing or Kenne Bell Mammoth blower on it. You can always buy the grille, chin spoiler, etc. and add them to the GT. Plus the insurance might be a little cheaper with the GT, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Gotta love the GTO! Can get a good, used 6.0 for 16k or less. Spend 3k modding it, headers, cam, intake or even heads and make mid to high 400's. Its the best bang for the buck car out there right now.
    I almost bought one 2 years ago but ended up with a truck since it meets my needs.

Someday I will have one. My friend has a blue one that i always try to take off his hands

I got a GTO and C6Z in the garage. Both fun cars. GTO makes 330rwhp and vette makes 550rwhp. Vette is slightly faster.
    Nick V

I am planning on the aps twin turbo kit as my gift to myself after christmas..i currently sit with only bolt ons making 412rwhp
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds

Can you even get an APS kit anymore since they pulled out of the US market? I would avoid them just because of the lack of parts/service and how they screwed over TONS of people.
    Nick V

Weak Mofo
    I basically know absolutely nothing about cars, or how they work, or how to work on them. I was interested in this because it looks nice and all I've ever owned is Fords and I've never had a problem really. I wouldn't really want to do any mods to it I don't think. I'd rather have the factory warrenty that comes with a brand new car. Ultimately I just kinda love the way it looks....gotta admit. :/

I am a GM guy but i would just get the gt do a few things and be in the low 12s 11s. vet would be the next thing in line if you have the money.

For the money I personally would look into something else. If you like that car and it's what you want I would get the Boss over a modded GT. You would have the full warranty and better resale than a modded GT.

Weak Mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by ELmx479 View Post
    For the money I personally would look into something else. If you like that car and it's what you want I would get the Boss over a modded GT. You would have the full warranty and better resale than a modded GT.
    I would definitely get this over a GT. The only reason, to be honest, that I want this car is for two reasons: I've always loved mustangs but I've never had one myself, and I just love the way it looks... I don't really like how the corvettes look, I just don't. I'd mostly want this car for the looks... Is that bad?

I hadn't heard any of this on aps but there is other applications out there. Then again I haven't read into it..I just decided I will be getting the goat boosted after christmas...I miss having a BOV noise = (. Also to originial poster...i'd do a challenger for that money ..the new ones are 6.4 and make 430 from the factory if i'm correct..however they do weight over 4k pounds.
    January 07-164 pounds
    *Bulking*

June 08 - 205
    *Currently Cutting*
    Goal-190

November 08-238 pounds

Weak Mofo
    Quote Originally Posted by left hook View Post
    I hadn't heard any of this on aps but there is other applications out there. Then again I haven't read into it..I just decided I will be getting the goat boosted after christmas...I miss having a BOV noise = (. Also to originial poster...i'd do a challenger for that money ..the new ones are 6.4 and make 430 from the factory if i'm correct..however they do weight over 4k pounds.
    What new one is 6.4? The Boss? If so that is incorrect. The Boss is 5.0 444HP and weighs just a little more than Ford's V6 Mustang. If you were refering to something else - nevermind. Haha

Banned
    The mustang GT's starting MSRP is 28k. The Boss is 40k. The *only* difference between these engines is a new intake, a more aggressive cam profile, and a more aggressive tune. Aside from the cam profile, virtually everyone in the aftermarket upgrades the other 2 items on a mustang GT. If you wanted to do a cam swap on a GT, DOHC engines are so easy to do it on because they sit right under the valve covers. The only issue is that there are 4 cams, so youd have to spend 4x the money of a normal pushrod motor.

So basically, if I bought a GT, I could be ****ting on the Boss's power by spending about $2000. They have identical heads and block.

But besides the engine it does also come with a shorter shifter (no big deal) and obviously the body kit. It also comes with weight reduction, better brakes, better suspension.

For a guy like me, I would get the regular GT and just spend 2-3k and make an even more badass motor than the boss. But you said you aren't into modding it, so the boss would be a better option.
    Last edited by mchicia1; 12-10-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Banned
    You guys are COMPLETELY missing the entire point of this car....

Go back to the 1970 trans am season. The Boss 302 (w/ parneli driving) was a force to be reckoned with.

The whole point of the BOSS is that it is a TRACK CAR. Not a straight line drag queen... Its a drivers car that's meant to be taken to track days.

Thats what they are trying to do with this car...bring back the spirit of one of the most famous track mustangs that was ever produced.

If you are buying this car for the power, you are mistaken as many others have already pointed out. However, if you want to own a limited edition track day ready tribute to one of the best mustang race cars every produced, then yes I think this is worth the $36k price of admission.