The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    One more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

Oh and weight is around 208... Thats very depressing to say the least.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig![/font][/size]

What is your plan for the rest of the prep? Lean out more? Fill out? I'm shocked that you are still doing so much cardio when you are lean this far out. Alex certainly get people lean, but sometimes I think they are overdieted.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post

Have you thought about Shelby or Phil for an offseason program? Shelby has made some very big improvements over the last couple of years. I think he could put together a pretty good program for you.
    Shelby has been working with John Meadows recently. John writes some really cool and interesting stuff. Would love to see him do some stuff here. Shelby has said he has responded well to the increased volume of mountaindog vs dc training.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Cardio goes up by 5 minutes every week til I hit 60 minutes... Next week will be 60 minutes. Then we're cruising in on that...

I've already talked to Shelby about my offseason plan. I plan to use him to take full advantage of my post show rebound I hear so much about. The dude has gone up in weight classes about every damn year! He's a beast and it sure as hell isnt because of great genetics, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub View Post
    Cardio goes up by 5 minutes every week til I hit 60 minutes... Next week will be 60 minutes. Then we're cruising in on that...

I've already talked to Shelby about my offseason plan. I plan to use him to take full advantage of my post show rebound I hear so much about. The dude has gone up in weight classes about every damn year! He's a beast and it sure as hell isnt because of great genetics, thats for sure.
    Shelby is strong as hell too. He has some impressive dead and squat videos out there.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Shelby has been working with John Meadows recently. John writes some really cool and interesting stuff. Would love to see him do some stuff here. Shelby has said he has responded well to the increased volume of mountaindog vs dc training.
    Yeah, John has some really different ideas and training principles. I'd like to try some of his stuff myself. Jay, looking good, man. You will come in absolutely shredded for this comp, no doubt. Way ahead of the game.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Here's a little bit better lighting and stuff.

Alex's wife made some small tweeks on it since she's a photographer.

I need to get some pics up from when I'm in the gym.

Your hams are looking good also. Very aesthetic leg development on the whole! (no homo)
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Oh and weight is around 208... Thats very depressing to say the least.
    What is your target weight? I'm sure you are going more by how you look, but what weight do you think you will be at competition? You are about 6' 3" right?
    Last edited by r2473; 02-02-2011 at 04:09 PM.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Your hams are looking good also. Very aesthetic leg development on the whole! (no homo)
    Word, mirin quad aesthetics. At a young age you've got a lot of time to grow. I think getting your feet wet here will take your training and motivation to a whole other level.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

I saw the new pics at PM yesterday. Quads and hams look outstanding, Jay. You've got a really good structure, man, broad shoulders and a small waist. A ****load of potential....I think you could add a lot of mass and still remain very aesthetically pleasing....a lot of guys do not have that capability. I think you're gonna do really well for your first show. You're definitely going to be dialed in....keep the updates coming.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    jay, that front double looks awesome. very good work!! jealous of small waist

You are looking very solid right now. You are very lean as it, and I thought you were looking ahead of schedule.

I think that Alex might be having you too strict right now. I do believe you could benefit from some higher carb days. I think 165 grams of carbs this far out and at your BW is a bit low to be following daily.

If you put your trust and $$ into your trainer then keep running with him. Just take this first time around as a learning experience and see if things run according to schedule. If things go well then you follow it again next contest.

With the bigger guys conditioning is an area that can suffer, so with superior conditioning you will be ahead of the majority in your weight class.

I'd peg you for top 3 right now, but it depends on who shows up.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Quote Originally Posted by r2473 View Post
    What is your target weight? I'm sure you are going more by how you look, but what weight do you think you will be at competition? You are about 6' 3" right?
    I have no weight in mind, I'm getting as shredded as possible, showing up to the show, weighing in and wherever I get put is where I'll be. I'm not going to mess with the scale... I'm 6'2.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Word, mirin quad aesthetics. At a young age you've got a lot of time to grow. I think getting your feet wet here will take your training and motivation to a whole other level.
    I think so too, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    I saw the new pics at PM yesterday. Quads and hams look outstanding, Jay. You've got a really good structure, man, broad shoulders and a small waist. A ****load of potential....I think you could add a lot of mass and still remain very aesthetically pleasing....a lot of guys do not have that capability. I think you're gonna do really well for your first show. You're definitely going to be dialed in....keep the updates coming.
    Thanks RBB, like I said over on PM, I can't believe all this talk about potential, its been very motivating for me. things really come together when you diet down.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    jay, that front double looks awesome. very good work!! jealous of small waist
    Thanks man, you know how to diet, your small waist will be here in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    You are looking very solid right now. You are very lean as it, and I thought you were looking ahead of schedule.

I think that Alex might be having you too strict right now. I do believe you could benefit from some higher carb days. I think 165 grams of carbs this far out and at your BW is a bit low to be following daily.

If you put your trust and $$ into your trainer then keep running with him. Just take this first time around as a learning experience and see if things run according to schedule. If things go well then you follow it again next contest.

With the bigger guys conditioning is an area that can suffer, so with superior conditioning you will be ahead of the majority in your weight class.

I'd peg you for top 3 right now, but it depends on who shows up.
    Top 3 would be awesome, but like you said, all depends who shows up..

I know I shouldnt have, but the other day I ate more carbs because I was feeling run down. At 10 weeks out, a few carb days aren't goin to kill me. 98% of the time I'm on point with exactly what Alex has me doing. I just had a clean carb binge for a couple hours I gained 7 pounds in 2 hours flat... lol

The next morning I had lost 5 of those 7 lbs. I'm not worried about it...

Funny thing is, during this whole prep so far (6 weeks), I've only lost 6 lbs. My strength is continuously on the rise and I feel like I'm gaining even more mass in my legs.

Things are finally catching up with me.

My 60 hour work weeks, (half of which are very physically demanding, stacking 90 lb boxes, pulling and stocking pallets of Pepsi) in combination with the training, diet, daily hourly cardio and 5-6 hrs of sleep per night is finally taking its toll. The past 2 days have been hell. My legs at work felt like they were going to give out from under me, I couldn't think straight, my whole body was weak and I had really bad anxiety. I wanted so badly to go home and just sleep but luckily I made it through.

I finally got over 7 hours of sleep last night and am feeling better but i'm getting my ass beat right now. And to think, 9.5 more weeks of this? ****!

My only hope right now is to finally land a a good job opportunity I have coming up this Friday. 3 part time jobs is getting old real quick

Anyway, enough complaining here, back to the grind!
    Last edited by jAy_Dub; 02-10-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Things are finally catching up with me.

My 60 hour work weeks, (half of which are very physically demanding, stacking 90 lb boxes, pulling and stocking pallets of Pepsi) in combination with the training, diet, daily hourly cardio and 5-6 hrs of sleep per night is finally taking its toll. The past 2 days have been hell. My legs at work felt like they were going to give out from under me, I couldn't think straight, my whole body was weak and I had really bad anxiety. I wanted so badly to go home and just sleep but luckily I made it through.

I finally got over 7 hours of sleep last night and am feeling better but i'm getting my ass beat right now. And to think, 9.5 more weeks of this? ****!

My only hope right now is to finally land a a good job opportunity I have coming up this Friday. 3 part time jobs is getting old real quick

Anyway, enough complaining here, back to the grind!
    It's gonna all be worth it Jay.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

It's gonna all be worth it Jay.
    Sometimes I wonder lol

Sometimes I wonder lol
    Just one of those days. Next time when you catch yourself seeing some new cuts the momentum will swing 180% the other way and you'll have all the focus in the world. Gotta stay tough with those negative mindgames, ride 'em out the good feelings that make it more than worth it will displace them.

I forget, are you doing just one show or multiple shows?

Just one of those days. Next time when you catch yourself seeing some new cuts the momentum will swing 180% the other way and you'll have all the focus in the world. Gotta stay tough with those negative mindgames, ride 'em out the good feelings that make it more than worth it will displace them.

I forget, are you doing just one show or multiple shows?
    Its two shows in one day. I have no idea how thats going to work... Its the Iowa State show and then the Central State show as well. I dont have a clue in the world what to expect. I've never even been to a show let alone been in one.

How can you possibly do two shows in one day? Unless they're at the same venue and everything is staggered?

Updates

No pump at all in these and looking soft. I'll have to take the time to get some pics after a workout one of these days. Major difference in vascularity and hardness obviously.

A little over 8 weeks out here, taken this morning, tan and shaved lol.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Definitely looking leaner. The most noticeable difference to me in these picks was your abs popping out. Back is looking solid.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Definitely looking leaner. The most noticeable difference to me in these picks was your abs popping out. Back is looking solid.
    parrot

definition is looking pretty amazing right now

Heres a few taken a couple days back.