Thread: new here ( but hopefully no stupid ?'s inside)

trying to become a BEAST!!

new here ( but hopefully no stupid ?'s inside)

Hello all,

Im new here but have been working on getting in shape for a while here. I know what I want and am just looking for others to help me figure the best way to achieve this. Ive had some life changes and decided its time to start pushing harder and gettin what the f i want!

Anyways currently im at 210-215 and 18.5% bodyfat, im 6'4" tall. not fat but not built, but not skinny. Im currently looking to drop my bf% down to about 13-15% and would like some help getting there. I havent ate the greatest but that is changing fri on payday, I will be replacing all **** food with foods that are good for me and will help reach my goals. Once my bf% is reached I will work on becoming a monster from there.

Anyways currently m-f I do 30 mins or more on treadmill 14 incline 2.6 speed staying at about 65% heartrate. I also bench, dip, curl, ab machine, and some lat pulls mon and thurs as well. I will start taking protein and creatine next week as well. I currently take a daily vitamin and drink 4 cups of green tea per day.

Anyone have anything that may work better for me to get where I would like to be before I start building myself up?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Just concentrate on the conditioning while you are reducing bodyfat. That will help more than anything. Getting your conditioning up will pay off when you start building strength and muscle, which unfortunately will mostly have to wait until you've reached your desired bodyfat percentage. No sense in putting much effort into building muscle when you won't be up to it nutritionally. You'd just be wasting time and spinning your wheels.

In the mean time you can work on getting good form with very light weights in the squat, deadlift, overhead press, and bench press. That way when you decide to switch gears and start gaining, you'll be ready to "Rock n Roll."
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

thanks offroad appreciate the help brotha!! definately sounds like a great plan but question:

So I shouldnt really worry about lifting or any of the things im currently doing besides my conditioning, and maybe lighter weights to get correct form? should i not take protein or creatine until i reach my desired bf% and decide its time to pack on the muscle lol?\

Thanks again

Creatine and protein are both good for all forms of exercise, so still worth taking imo, even if you're just doing conditioning work.

I have friends who're footballers and rugby players but rarely touch weights who still swear by them.
    Add me on Facebook: Gaz Pengelly

Best Lifts: | Goals:
    SQ167.5(368.5) | 180(396)
    BE112.5(247.5) | 120(265)
    DL205(451) | 220(484)

www.garethkpengelly.co.uk

The protein powder is a great way to get your protein requirement without extra calories. Makes cutting a little easier to figure out.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

GREAT i WAS HOPING SO BECAUSE YA i DO NOTICE A DIFFERENCE WITH THEM AND LIKE THE POSITIVE EFFECTS IT GIVES