Thread: New information on fasted cardio?

New information on fasted cardio?

Check out this article in the nytimes. It really promotes certain benefits for fasted cardio. I'm curious if what they are saying would also be true of cardio after lifting when one is in a fasted state for other reasons...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/1...ore-breakfast/

High intensity fasted cardio is an excellent tool I use in low bf sticking points. People fear catabolism but if your ducks are in a row its not an issue.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Check out this article in the nytimes. It really promotes certain benefits for fasted cardio. I'm curious if what they are saying would also be true of cardio after lifting when one is in a fasted state for other reasons...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/1...ore-breakfast/
    On most weightlifting forums there has been a good deal of positive attitudes towards doing fasted cardio for fat loss. It makes sense, you have fasted for 6-8 hours and your body has to use something for energy, so it uses the fat storage within your body. I think it's a sound thought process, but some people seem to think it's useless info (other guru's on the internet).

I do believe that you can still burn BF by doing cardio after a workout, but the problem is that post-workout this is the most imperative time for you to feed your muscles. You don't want to prolong to process of refueling your muscles by doing 30-60 minutes of more strenuous cardio.

I try to think of things in their most rudimentary terms, and that's what I think fasted cardio makes sense and that doing cardio after a workout isn't ideal, but if that's when you have to then do it.

My personal belief, if I can't do fasted am cardio then I just watch my caloric intake for the day. I've never done cardio post workout as I don't think it's necessary. I believe that you've already been eatting your calories for the day and so now you are just burning what you have eatten earlier in the day.

I'm sure there's some science for it, but it's always way too much information and everything is relative to the person.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Ive had great succes with pwo cardio also. I prefer am but do incorporate both.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54