Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Diet HCT12

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0

    Diet HCT12

    Hey guys,

    Doing HCT 12 , looking to gain some muscle, im 25, 188lbs. Am I eating enough? Heres an example of my diet

    8am- Water, nutrigrain bar

    10am- 6 eggwhites, water.

    12am - oatmeal, 500ml milk, toss salad, hash brwon cassrol (hash browns, eggs, ham, milk)

    2pm - rice cake, 2 egg whites, water

    4pm- rice cake w pbutter, superpump 250

    6pm- potatoes, carrots, lean pork chops, and 500ml milk

    8pm - nitrean shake with berries, oj and cranberry juice


    Is this enough food? Should I be eating more?

    Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    Skinny Feet Kiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by cj95 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Doing HCT 12 , looking to gain some muscle, im 25, 188lbs. Am I eating enough? Heres an example of my diet

    8am- Water, nutrigrain bar

    10am- 6 eggwhites, water.

    12am - oatmeal, 500ml milk, toss salad, hash brwon cassrol (hash browns, eggs, ham, milk)

    2pm - rice cake, 2 egg whites, water

    4pm- rice cake w pbutter, superpump 250

    6pm- potatoes, carrots, lean pork chops, and 500ml milk

    8pm - nitrean shake with berries, oj and cranberry juice


    Is this enough food? Should I be eating more?

    Thanks guys.

    I really do not knnow much about diet yet but track your calories and you will get a good idea of where you are mate
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

    A Westside journal.

    'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

    'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

    'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

  3. #3
    Wannabebig Member neweracat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    33
    If your planning on sticking with it for a while you might want to be more flexible with your food choices. Being too strict with your selections can get old quick. Instead track your daily calorie and protein intake. Your body weight is similiar to mine, and I consume 4500-6000 cals and 200-250 grams of protein a day. I've tried the super strict diet thing and it usually leads to "cheating". Now I eat just about anyting and everything. If you're worried about putting on too much fat, just use your head when it comes to fatty foods. If that doesn't help cut back on the cals just a tad, and do more cardio. There's a simple trick to dieting for muscle gain....EAT, EAT, EAT throw in a high cal, high protein shake and EAT. Try to get as much of your daily cals and protein with real food, and use the shakes if you need.The only time I drink shakes is when I'm leaving the gym on my way to a diner.
    Last edited by neweracat; 11-18-2010 at 06:42 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tom183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,394
    That does not look like enough to me for someone who is 188 pounds. The only way to know for sure though is to try it. If you don't gain you'll know you need to add more.
    Last edited by tom183; 11-18-2010 at 09:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RichMcGuire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,232
    Did you even read the entire HCT-12 entirely? There is a specific diet section which tells you how much to eat.. and you eat based off of where you want to be, not where you are now. So what are your goals in terms of body comp? We have no idea if you're eating enough because we don't know what weight you're aiming for. Theres simple calculations in the program.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

    Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

    Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

  6. #6
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by cj95 View Post
    Is this enough food? Should I be eating more?
    No, It's not. Yes, you should.

    You need to do something with the majority of your diet. You are getting in more protein in the last 2 meals than you do all day. 2 egg whites and water isn't really going to cut it as a meal.

    What time of the day do you workout? The nitrean shake and all of the carbs looks like a perfect meal for post-workout, and it wouldn't be a bad meal to start your day. With how you have it set up you are going from 8pm until 12 pm (16 hours) and you only take in about 25-30 grams of protein in. I wake up around 6 am and by noon (2 meals and 1 snack) I could be at 120-150 grams of protein. I'm at a BW of 200.

    You should be looking to get some type of protein and carbs in first thing when you wake up. I think a quick shake and some carbs will start your metabolism and body for the day. Before you workout (again, let us know when) you should be getting a pretty clean meal with protein and carbs in to fuel your workout and have you functioning correctly.

    I think you could manage some major overhauls, your diet looks way to basic and simple, as in something you got from a real "health" oriented website or magainze. Don't be afraid of the whole egg, it's a solid meal, open up to cottage cheese, yogurt, and more meats if you can. Make a sandwich with some deli cuts.

    There is more you can do to this diet, but goals and direction is needed.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 12-08-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    No, It's not. Yes, you should.

    You need to do something with the majority of your diet. You are getting in more protein in the last 2 meals than you do all day. 2 egg whites and water isn't really going to cut it as a meal.

    What time of the day do you workout? The nitrean shake and all of the carbs looks like a perfect meal for post-workout, and it wouldn't be a bad meal to start your day. With how you have it set up you are going from 8pm until 12 pm (16 hours) and you only take in about 25-30 grams of protein in. I wake up around 6 am and by noon (2 meals and 1 snack) I could be at 120-150 grams of protein. I'm at a BW of 200.

    You should be looking to get some type of protein and carbs in first thing when you wake up. I think a quick shake and some carbs will start your metabolism and body for the day. Before you workout (again, let us know when) you should be getting a pretty clean meal with protein and carbs in to fuel your workout and have you functioning correctly.

    I think you could manage some major overhauls, your diet looks way to basic and simple, as in something you got from a real "health" oriented website or magainze. Don't be afraid of the whole egg, it's a solid meal, open up to cottage cheese, yogurt, and more meats if you can. Make a sandwich with some deli cuts.

    There is more you can do to this diet, but goals and direction is needed.

    Thanks for the input.

    I agree my diet is not good. I feel its the biggest thing keeping me from meeting my goals. My long term goal is to be 200lbs at 10% BF. right now Im around 190 at 14-18%bf. Im gonna follow this with some of the foods I normally eat or like, as well as my shedule. See if you guys can try to put something together for me thanks.

    Schedule:

    Monday to friday, work usually 8h hours, and then hit the gym right after on monday wed and thrus. Followed by a shake and supper.

    So here are the foods:

    Whey
    Fruit - bananas, apples etc
    Sandwiches
    Pbutter
    Meat (chicken, pork, stek etc.)
    Cottage cheese
    Crackers, rice cakes
    Tuna
    Beans
    eggs
    oatmeal
    nuts
    vegetables
    various soups
    subway( once a week)
    yogurt
    Etc.


    So lets try to fill in the blanks

    8am - breakfast, just waking up.

    10am - first break at work

    12am - luinch time at work

    2:30pm - last break at work

    4:30pm - heading to the gym

    7:00pm- Supper

    9:00pm- Snakc before bed?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    Heres my plan starting on monday, after I go to the grocery store.

    8am - Whole wheat bagle with pbutter, Nitrean shake, and maybe a banana or apple?

    10am - egg whites, and a protein bar

    12am - Leftovers - Meat and vegetables, lasgna, stir fry etc.

    2:30 pm- cottage cheese and a rice cake

    4pm - whole wheat sandwich with turkey, chicken or tuna , and some superpump 250

    6pm- post workout shake, nitrean, oj, cranberry juice, mixed berries

    7pm - Meat and vegetables, could be pork, steak, chicken, etc.

    9pm - some cottage cheese and milk?

    I also plan on drinking a couple liters milk and water each day.


    Something of this sort.
    Last edited by cj95; 12-10-2010 at 09:13 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member tom183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,394
    ^--It's very vague in terms of quantities but it certainly looks better than you original post. Let us know how it goes.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    For the next week I will document my diet here, see what you guys think.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    0
    monday

    8am - whey shake and a wwheat bagle with pbutter - 75g protein

    12am - ground chicken with peppers, cheese, tomato sauce. 2 servings. I would guess 80g protein

    230pm - mass gainer shake, and a tuna sandwich on whole wheat - 70g of protein

    6pm - 2 chciken breasts, chciken garden salad and hash browns. 80 g of protein

    9pm- mass gainer shake - 40g protein

    10pm - cottage cheese - 1/2 cup - 15 g protein

    Going to start counting calories and carbs as well using fitday. Any input appreciated.

  12. #12
    Moderator joey54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Palmyra, PA
    Posts
    5,730
    How about starting a training log, if you haven't already, and including your diet there rather than continually post it here?


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Just get under the bar!

  13. #13
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by cj95 View Post
    monday

    8am - whey shake and a wwheat bagle with pbutter - 75g protein

    12am - ground chicken with peppers, cheese, tomato sauce. 2 servings. I would guess 80g protein

    230pm - mass gainer shake, and a tuna sandwich on whole wheat - 70g of protein

    6pm - 2 chciken breasts, chciken garden salad and hash browns. 80 g of protein

    9pm- mass gainer shake - 40g protein

    10pm - cottage cheese - 1/2 cup - 15 g protein

    Going to start counting calories and carbs as well using fitday. Any input appreciated.
    Great, yet drastic, change to the beginning of your day. The shake should get your body running and provide some must needed protein. The bagel and PB is solid and will help hold you over until your first break. I don't know about your job situation, but I know I get very hungry from 7 am until noon (my lunch) so I will eat some peanuts or mix 1-2 scoops of protein with water (I just mix it up between class changes) to get something in me. I'm not a fan of going 4-5 hours without anything to eat, unless I ate a larger meal then it's not as terrible.

    The lunch meal is solid, as well as needed. With that longer break between meals it's good to get in a large meal. Your 2:30 meal looks good, the tuna sandwich will be a good pre-workout meal, you could maybe throw in a fruit of some sort in that meal or eat it on your way to the gym for added carbs/energy.

    Everything looks completely overhauled and much better. I'd say that you could make the change of taking out the mass gainer shake from the 2:30 meal and just throw in fruit at that meal, or eat the fruit right before going to the gym. I only say you could get rid of that shake because you have drastically increased your protein intake. You would be at around 270 grams of protein without that shake, which I think would be very efficient for your BW.

    Post workout is the ideal time to get in a protein shake and some type of quick carbohydrate, so your nitrean shake, oj, and the fruits is perfect for this time frame. You follow that up with a protein heavy dinner around 6 pm, and then your last snack before bed and you are off to a much better start.

    I'd re-evaluate right before Christmas. I say that because I assume that you, like most other people, will eat your fair share on Christmas so you might see a larger weight increase around that time. You will realistically have 2 weeks to see how things are running, so check back in if you will.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Similar Threads

  1. GazzyG's HCT12 Journal
    By GazzyG in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 3080
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 10:52 PM
  2. camelCase's HCT12 hopefully won't suck
    By camelCaseSucks in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 10:50 AM
  3. Switching from a Fat Burning Diet to a Muscle Building Diet
    By MagnaSephiroth in forum Diet and Nutrition
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 12:00 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 06:27 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2002, 12:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •