Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Guy at the Gym

Creepy Guy at the Gym

There is this guy at the gym that keeps staring and lurking around the machines I work out on. Usually I just smile and nod… (I alway wear headphone when I work out alone). The other night he followed me to my car. I was so nervous because I though he was going to try to get in the car with me. He introduced him self to me, and everytime I tried to walk away he would start talking. Last night I was doing abs and he was waiting on me to finish. Even though my abs were screaming I didn't stop until he walked away

Tonight I dread going back in there because I'm afraid he'll be there. This sucks!!!! I can't enjoy my workout because of this guy. Normally I don't mind visiting with people, but this guy is just strange. I talked to the manager of the gym about him, and he has had other complaints about the same guy, so this isn't my imagination… although I have a very vivid one.
    Last edited by DixieChick; 05-16-2002 at 01:19 PM.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Have you said something to him to make it very clear that you do not want to talk and do not want to socialize with anyone from the gym?

If this guy is in fact harassing/stalking you, the first thing you must do is to make it very clear to him that the attention is unwelcome and you want it to stop. If he persists, then you can take any possible next steps.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Sorry, I'll try to behave myself from now on.

Seriously, though...

Usually I just smile and nod…
    HUGE mistake(Not that it excuses his behavior. But this isn't gonna help.) As Icer suggests, tell him in no uncertain terms that his attention is unwanted. Hopefully, he'll get the hint.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

thats messed up. Throw a 45 at him.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

I agree with Ice.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Hey, the good thing about being at the gym when this happens is that there should be a bunch of big guys there to watch out for you if you really should need it. Try to befriend someone that you normally see there the same times as you, and tell him about the creep. Most likely, (if you go to a gym like mine) this guys will have a bunch of buddies right behind him looking out for you. Good luck girl! And if it gets really bad, think about putting mace on your keychain so you feel safer walking to your car alone.
    If you want to be treated as an equal, act like one!

I always get myself in trouble, because I hate to be rude to people. I guess I'm just going to have to say something. Although I like the 45# DB suggestion the best.

Originally posted by DixieChick
    I always get myself in trouble, because I hate to be rude to people.
    I know exactly how you feel girl! I'm that same way sometimes, like last week this freak was following me around at the club the entire time I was there, and I felt too bad to tell him to leave me alone, so I had a horrible night and still avoid his calls. We just need to learn to tell them straight up to leave us alone! lol

I always get myself in trouble, because I hate to be rude to people. I guess I'm just going to have to say something. Although I like the 45# DB suggestion the best.
    :evillaugh
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Originally posted by BabeinTraining

like last week this freak was following me around at the club the entire time I was there, and I felt too bad to tell him to leave me alone, so I had a horrible night and still avoid his calls. lol
    Uh, how'd he get your phone #?

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Uh, how'd he get your phone #?
    Again, I was too nice to give him the wrong number. Heck, what if I ran into him there again? What would I say??

Re: Creepy Guy at the Gym

There is this guy at the gym that keeps staring and lurking around the machines I work out on. Usually I just smile and nod… (I alway wear headphone when I work out alone). The other night he followed me to my car. I was so nervous because I though he was going to try to get in the car with me. He introduced him self to me, and everytime I tried to walk away he would start talking. Last night I was doing abs and he was waiting on me to finish. Even though my abs were screaming I didn't stop until he walked away

Tonight I dread going back in there because I'm afraid he'll be there. This sucks!!!! I can't enjoy my workout because of this guy. Normally I don't mind visiting with people, but this guy is just strange. I talked to the manager of the gym about him, and he has had other complaints about the same guy, so this isn't my imagination… although I have a very vivid one.
    Is this guys name Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb?

"It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. uxm It does this whenever it's told"
    Homer Jay Simpson: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    It's not about "being nice," it's being cautious about your personal security...prolly not a good idea to give your number to someone you really don't know, esp if he gives you the willies...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

babeinTraining- lol you could say you werent interested in him, and not give him your number in the first place or something. but i know what you mean about the "too nice" thing. i get that way sometimes too.

DixieChick- that is kinda scary. just give him the heads up that you go to workout.. strictly to lift and stuff. then maybe he will back off and let you work. maybe he just wants to give you tips or something.. i have no idea.
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

i once gave the # to some girl in the gym and she called me ~20 times a day for about 2 months, without ever saying anything either. i wish the phone i had at the time had a block function.

I actually saw her a while ago in a local (kinda wrong) club and she was all shy and emberassed for the way she had acted...

Originally posted by IceRgrrl
    It's not about "being nice," it's being cautious about your personal security...prolly not a good idea to give your number to someone you really don't know, esp if he gives you the willies...
    It wasn't really that he gave me the willies, just that he was an annoying loser is all. He wasn't some creepy guy like Dixie's, just some annoying little "boy".

Originally posted by Reinier
    i once gave the # to some girl in the gym and she called me ~20 times a day for about 2 months, without ever saying anything either. i wish the phone i had at the time had a block function.

I actually saw her a while ago in a local (kinda wrong) club and she was all shy and emberassed for the way she had acted...
    See these are the same losers that are attracted to me, do I have "COME TO ME IF YOU'RE DESPERATE" tattooed on my forehead, or what!

lol i think i have pedophile on mine. i attract a lot of girls 13-14 yr old. i guess thats what a lot of guys my age do, mess around with little gals but it aint my bag at all. both not cuz its against my standards and cuz im not attracted to them

Originally posted by Reinier
    lol i think i have pedophile on mine. i attract a lot of girls 13-14 yr old. i guess thats what a lot of guys my age do, mess around with little gals
    hmmm...reminds me of a certain member....nevermind :evillaugh

implying to me Babe....? tuttut

anyway..Dixie...this sounds like scary shiat... I tihnk that you should tell this guy to back off and if he doesn't go tell the police or let some of the big guys in your gym take 'care' of this dude...

This is the ONLY time I will warn you.

Another post like this will be your last.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 05-16-2002 at 03:18 PM.
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

hahaha LMAO good one Kaixuan...

dixie chick that was me at the gym....sorry i was jus being social ;(
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

Turn to this guy, look him deep in the eyes and say "you wanna know a secret?"
    Then whisper in his ear "I used to be a man."
    Then turn and walk away
    He'll never bother you again : )
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

but not that small either
    For this reason I try not to talk to girls at my gym. I don't like being bothered when I am training, and I always assume the girls don't wanna be bothered either. Though it is hard not to be tempted, especially when some of the girls wear very nice outfits.
    "Lord knows that one would be foolish not to listen to guys hiding behind a computer that use more gear than a stable of race-horses and all they have to show for it is a 195lb. piss-poor physique shriveled nuts and a nice case of gyno" - Lee Priest