Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planet Fitness has attacked our god.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar

Planet Fitness has attacked our god.

Notice the accent. They have attacked not only the bbing community but Arnold, our lord and savior.

My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

I saw this yesterday, I still cant believe they say that they are a judgement free zone, what a joke...

If you have a facebook page look up planet fitness they are getting bombed by tons of people over this.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

House Lannister
    It's hilarious to see a skinny ass gym worker hate on what looks like a higher level bodybuilder. Maybe that MF'ing gym worker should spend some of his money on a real goddam gym membership and "lift things up and put them down" so he doesn't look like he'll fit into my little sister's jeans anymore.

American culture sux now. God forbid someone attempt to excel at something, in this case bodybuilding, instead of being a lazy phat phuck or some skinny bitch who wears american apparel skinny jeans and hipster sunglasses while he hits on some 5/10 girl that he couldn't rail hard if he tried.

Also, lol at the fat housewife staring at this guy. Wtf is she doing anyways? Like doing a few downward-facing dog poses on the ground is going to tone her fat ass into shape so that her husband will finally take an interest in fuking her again? Please.

Fuk planet fitness. /rant.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    They have attacked not only the bbing community but our lord and savior.
    what are you talking about dude? nobody attacked the trainer in this clip. i mean.... that is who we all are trying to be like, right? the skinny, dorky trainer with the yellow shirt? the one who obviously feels inferior to the more muscular guy, which is why he lead him out the back door? our lord and savior? uh oh.... maybe i came to the wrong place....

seriously though, i've been noticing this whole "skinny kid being the personal trainer now" thing going on more and more lately, in ads and in a lot of commercial gyms. i understand everyone has different goals when they go to the gym and not everyone is out to get huge, but don't you think they could've picked (or be picking in all there ads) a slightly more athletic-looking guy? a guy that looks like he works out in some kind of way? they have to be going for the whole "see the guy who is training you? hes just like you so you won't have anyone to feel inferior to!" thing, theres no other explanation.

if they wanna get rid of people yelling and grunting and heavy weights, whatever thats theyre dicision. but the way they are going about advertising it just seems stupid to me.
    Last edited by soclydeza; 01-03-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

With how pathetic it is, its still a good business module. Most of the USA is lazy towards their health that's a huge market for planet fitness.
    My Journal
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post

Also, lol at the fat housewife staring at this guy. Wtf is she doing anyways? Like doing a few downward-facing dog poses on the ground is going to tone her fat ass into shape so that her husband will finally take an interest in fuking her again? Please.

lmao
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Gamer/Lifter
    Wow, they got some balls!
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Banned
    parody on arnold is pretty bush league... however, i would not want to lift in the same gym as that guy as portrayed either
    Last edited by f=ma; 01-04-2011 at 04:48 AM.

I heard a radio ad for Planet Fitness the other day.

It had all sorts of bogus stereotypes and said things like "If you drink creatine from a gallon jug....Planet Fitness is not for you" and "If you think steroids are for breakfast....Planet Fitness is not for you".

What a joke.
    Without progression, I am nothing.

Planet Fitness should not be considered a gym.

I find their commercials funny but would never recommend that anyone who actually wants to achieve their goals go there.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I heard a radio ad for Planet Fitness the other day.

It had all sorts of bogus stereotypes and said things like "If you drink creatine from a gallon jug....Planet Fitness is not for you" and "If you think steroids are for breakfast....Planet Fitness is not for you".
    lemme reiterate what View1 said: i cannot believe they say they are a judgement free zone
    Friends don't let friends slam weights on the ground after every set

I have to wonder what people are pissing away their membership fees every month for at these gyms. You can do cardio anywhere, get a workout tape if you need motivation. I was the fattest and sloppiest person ever when I started. I bought a diet book, used their advice for motivation, and a year or so of actually looking into the matter and doing something about it, I'm not fat and sloppy anymore and I barely have a home gym. What service do they provide that supposedly keeps you fit without all that pesky practical use muscle?...

Codeguru

PS- It's only funny to the point that they have their own Maytag repairman or FIOS guy. The real issue is propaganda by listing extremes, which is basically lying. I prefer being near people who don't fall for that.
    Last edited by Codeguru; 01-04-2011 at 07:47 AM.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeguru View Post
    YouI have to wonder what people are pissing away their membership fees every month for at these gyms. can do cardio anywhere, get a workout tape if you need motivation. I was the fattest and sloppiest person ever when I started. I bought a diet book, used their advice for motivation, and a year or so of actually looking into the matter and doing something about it, I'm not fat and sloppy anymore and I barely have a home gym. What service do they provide that supposedly keeps you fit without all that pesky practical use muscle?...

Codeguru

PS- It's only funny to the point that they have their own Maytag repairman or FIOS guy. The real issue is propaganda by listing extremes, which is basically lying. I prefer being near people who don't fall for that said tactics.
    Target market seems to be severely obese people who have serious self-esteem issues. It's like the gym version of FUBU.

I'm glad I have other people to talk to that actually get why Planet Fitness is such a corny gym. I have a lot of buddies that go to PF, and they always ask me why I pay $42/month when I could be paying $10/month at PF...they don't understand when I say that I like my gym better. There's no need in trying to explain it to them, because they don't really have goals like I do. They just want to get in shape, which is fine.....me, I like to actually be able to TRAIN. I hardly know ANYONE in real life that actually GETS THIS, so I really just keep it to myself. I don't want to come off as one of those know-it-all about lifting types, or whatever....but it really is nice to have a community of people here on WBB that actually understands the true depths of the patheticness that is Planet Fitness....those commercials really do make me laugh too.

I don't care if they paid ME $10/month to train there....I would still rather train in my dirty, run-down, hole-in-the-wall gym with 3 squat racks that allows me to use chalk and pay the $42/month.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

I am still waiting for someone to go sign up there, load up a bar, slap on a bunch of chalk, pull 405, yell the whole way, drop the weight, and proceed to scream at all the fatties there while being videotaped the whole time. Best way $10 could be spent imo lol.

Wannabebig Member
    This place sounds like it blows. I'm glad there's not 1 within a 100 mile radius of me. There're basically promoting ****ing off at the gym and their members are the ones who stare at you at the grocery store and ask you if you're on steroids. Their gyms are a waste of land space that could be used for something useful like a real gym or a strip club

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    It's hilarious to see a skinny ass gym worker hate on what looks like a higher level bodybuilder. Maybe that MF'ing gym worker should spend some of his money on a real goddam gym membership and "lift things up and put them down" so he doesn't look like he'll fit into my little sister's jeans anymore.

American culture sux now. God forbid someone attempt to excel at something, in this case bodybuilding, instead of being a lazy phat phuck or some skinny bitch who wears american apparel skinny jeans and hipster sunglasses while he hits on some 5/10 girl that he couldn't rail hard if he tried.

Hahaha, i like the anger here, chevelle.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    Hahaha, i like the anger here, chevelle.
    lol. I was really tired when I wrote that yesterday so I was in kinda a pissy mood.

It's even funnier when one realizes I probably have about 10 pounds on that trainer.

Wannabebig New Member
    I agree that Planet Fitness definitely sucks, knowing from first-hand experience. I'm forced to lift there right now because I'm trying to save money while I wait to start my new job.

There are no damn benches or free Olympic bars at all. Only Smith machines, gag.

Also, the dumbbells only go up to 75 pounds.

I'm only 170 pounds and close to maxing out the weight there. I can't imagine what someone bigger than me would do.

Can't wait to start making money again so I can get out of there.
    Last edited by MrQuoteable; 01-04-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Maybe they realized how much they'd piss off people like us, and it would cause bad publicity....therefore getting them recognized even more!

Those bastards are very smart marketers....
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    I don't care if they paid ME $10/month to train there....I would still rather train in my dirty, run-down, hole-in-the-wall gym with 3 squat racks that allows me to use chalk and pay the $42/month.
    Hell yea brotha bri! I am blessed with a good satellite gym at work. People are always trying to get me to go with them to the main "wellness center" but f-that ****. That place is crowded with over weight soccer moms and curl jockies. The gym I go to is 1/8th the size but no one else goes there and they have every thing I need. Plus its free...cant beat that.

Soilwork addict.
    I am pretty enraged over this. All this does is spread hate for no reason other that profit. Thats just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormTheBeach View Post
    I think I am just going to start posting dick pictures on here until this thread gets deleted.
    18% BF down from 25%+ since April. Halfway to abs.

Current 1200+ gym total. 214 lbs 5'10.5" 36.5" waist.

Working on correcting some imbalances at the moment.

Footballer
    If they had a Planet Fitness in around here I'd definitely set the lunk alarm off and yell at fatties on my way out. I think it would be great.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!

LuNa
    I for one am happy that there are "healthcenters" around. It means there are less uneducated curl jockeys hogging my squat rack.

I guess I am the only one that agrees to the PF marketing hype. By offering free pizza, "no judgement zone" and calling it a "family orientated" gym, it narrows out those waste of space people in your gym. Unfortunately for many of us, we are forced to train at a commercial gym (IE: 24hr Fitness) due to convenience and budget. While those at PF are training confusedly and not knowing what their doing, it narrows out those useless folks who are curling in the squat rack, doing sit-ups on the flat bench, baby sitting the machines, etc.

The only time you'll see me at PF is on their free pizza night I say ignore their marketing hype and continue with your goals because in the end, your achieving something and their (PF members) not.