The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Upper Body Pictures and BF % Question

Random stats are that I can bench 255 lbs give or take 5 lbs and I can do over 20 chin ups.

These are the first progress pictures I've ever taken. I know I'm really skinny and that doesn't bother me right now. I do intend to bulk up a little bit (like 165-180) once I get out of High School, but for now I'm okay with being skinny because I run. In these pictures I was 145 lbs, 6 feet tall, and I had dinner less than an hour ago haha.

1st is a front shot of me relaxing everything
    2nd is a back shot of me relaxing everything
    3rd is a back shot of me flexing
    4th and 5th are random poses of me flexing

I'm really interested in knowing my BF percentage, but I don't know how to find out without going to a doctor. I figure enough estimates on this site is good enough for me though because I'm sure you guys can ballpark it pretty well. My guess is somewhere around 10%? + or - 2%?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Cman View Post
    Random stats are that I can bench 255 lbs give or take 5 lbs and I can do over 20 chin ups.

These are the first progress pictures I've ever taken. I know I'm really skinny and that doesn't bother me right now. I do intend to bulk up a little bit (like 165-180) once I get out of High School, but for now I'm okay with being skinny because I run. In these pictures I was 145 lbs, 6 feet tall, and I had dinner less than an hour ago haha.

1st is a front shot of me relaxing everything
    2nd is a back shot of me relaxing everything
    3rd is a back shot of me flexing
    4th and 5th are random poses of me flexing

I'm really interested in knowing my BF percentage, but I don't know how to find out without going to a doctor. I figure enough estimates on this site is good enough for me though because I'm sure you guys can ballpark it pretty well. My guess is somewhere around 10%? + or - 2%?
    U r very, very lean. 8-10% range I'd guess.

However, you are also very, very small. I feel fat looking at you. . I was about that size two years ago when I was racing road bikes on the regular. Can I ask why you have no interest in putting on size? You look like you have good shape and I think another 30 lbs of relatively lean weight would look solid on you.

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    U r very, very lean. 8-10% range I'd guess.

However, you are also very, very small. I feel fat looking at you. . I was about that size two years ago when I was racing road bikes on the regular. Can I ask why you have no interest in putting on size? You look like you have good shape and I think another 30 lbs of relatively lean weight would look solid on you.
    Haha extremely small! I have no problem admitting to that! Luckily I'm still stronger than I look so it's not like I'm a weakling either, at least compared to the kids at my school (not here though, I am a weakling here but I'm getting there :P).

The main reason is because I run and I'm training for Outdoor Track right now. Mid-distance runners don't need massive muscles, mainly because muscles that are too big will actually slow you down. And luckily I'm just naturally skinny so I've never had a problem with staying at very low fat percentages. It's more difficult for me to gain weight and keep it than it is to lose it, especially when I'm in season. Once I go to college I'll focus on eventually reaching 165-180 lbs. while maintaining my current BF %. That would be ideal for me because I would still like to run and do plenty of cardio in my free time, even when I'm not on a team.

Do you work your back at all? You look like all chest and biceps. You are very lean. Sub 10%
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Do you work your back at all? You look like all chest and biceps. You are very lean. Sub 10%
    Definitely, I try to work everything equally in my full body workouts. My chest and biceps are still the most defined areas for some reason... to give you an idea of my back strength I rep 185 for seated low rows and for pulldowns (12 reps, rest, 10 reps at same weight). For comparison to my chest/triceps, I rep 195 for the bench press, same rep scheme. I think that's more proportional than most people, but I don't know this for a fact.
    Last edited by colinS3; 01-14-2011 at 09:10 PM.