The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by KFeld View Post
    I also don't know how to change the title of my forum thread, I'm obviously not doing the Natty MN anymore since I'm not in MN.. but I donno how to do that? Regardless, I'm back now and will try to get some pix up as soon as I figure out how to take more than just my front relaxed by myself.
    Send me a PM with a new title and I can change it for you.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Good to see you back to posting. Hope to see some update shots soon of how the cut's going
    Glad to see you're still around too buddy, in my time off I've just been cruising peoples journals quietly but you, T+P, and Chev seemed to all have stopped posting... Get on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Send me a PM with a new title and I can change it for you.
    Appreciate it OR, once I have something suitable I'll let you know. Thanks!!

Here are some pics. Weight 174.4 at these pics, bout 11pm after Chest/Arms... I'm really very unhappy with these pictures, it always seems like the person I see in the mirror and the person that shows up in these pictures are completely different. But I'm overdue so here they are anyways:

Front Relaxed - Fail Lighting

Another Front Relaxed

Right Thigh:

Left Thigh - Different Lighting

Will get some back shots up as soon as I can figure it out, and will try to get some better lighting also.
    Last edited by KFeld; 07-09-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Used the reverse cam thing on my iPhone4 to try to get something up instead of making excuses:

Back Relaxed:

As always - ALL comments/criticisms are welcome. And if you're reading this, I do appreciate you stopping in... helps keep me motivated =)
    Last edited by KFeld; 07-12-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Progression so far:

Front - Lighting is different, would've been closer to use the other current pic but idc.

Back

Don't have good comparable legs pics, and only 2 back relaxed until I get a current BDB/Lat Spread shots

After the third complete week of my diet re-done, my PM weight yesterday was 172, down another couple pounds from the pix. It seems as though each day I wake up a little bit more lean now, so I think the dieting is now in full effect. I'm also ornery all the time, so thats a good sign too. I can count the cheat meals I've had in 3 weeks on 3 fingers - 6 beers, one turkey and cheddar half-sub, and a big burger and fries. Not terrible considering I'm at a min of 5 meals a day, so roughly 3 bad meals scattered within 102 good ones.

Anyways, I'm on heavy leg day later today, so will be posting again with a workout/updates. I just assume only posting my heavy upper/lower days since the other 3 days are strictly hypertrophy work, and my reps are done with such light weight -although with maximal contraction- that it's really not worth posting. I'll also try finding a way to get some pictures up with friendly lighting.

Edit: Did some updates measurements, and here's how they line up:

2/16/11 @ Midnight (196lbs)
    Chest: 43.25
    Waist: 35.25
    Hip: 41
    Bicep: 13.25 cold, 15.125 cold flexed
    Thigh: 23.25

7/12/11 @ 12:00pm (172lbs)
    Chest: 42"
    Waist: Just under 31"
    Hip: 39.5"
    Bicep: 15" flexed
    Thigh: 22.5"

More of a front lat spread, but impossible to do a regular one when taking your own pic.
    Last edited by KFeld; 07-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.

6/12/11 Heavy Legs

Squats

135x10
    185x5
    205x5
    225x4

SLDL
    135x10
    185x5
    185x5
    205x5

Hack Squat
    1pps x 10
    2pps x 5
    2.25pps x 5
    2.25pps x 5

Standing Calves
    260x12x5

I think you have made solid progress. Shoulders look much wider.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I think you have made solid progress. Shoulders look much wider.
    Much appreciated cphaf, just tryin' to get like you!
    Last edited by KFeld; 07-15-2011 at 10:58 PM.

My diets been going... taken a couple light cheat meals (sub sandwich and back to back days with a large california sushi roll). I've been applying for jobs - something other than personal training - and doing some interviewing, and between that, work, dieting, and training hard my body is really starting to wear down. I don't want to give up but its tough to find the motivation to keep going. And I'm lacking energy in the interviews from the dieting so its very circular, stressed and tired from dieting leads to bad interviews and bad interviews leads to me being even more stressed. Aaaaagh.

I think I'll have to start posting workouts on here regularly again as well as food for the day just to have something holding me accountable. Found some chicken breasts for 1.97/lb today so I bought maybe 20lbs worth, and probably more tomorrow. Anyways I've only got 8.5 weeks left of dieting left so I plan on just manning up. I'll have some updates tomorrow/Sunday as I've got cardio in the morning and workouts in the afternoons on both days.

Edit: Has anybody ever taken a full week off dieting? Like used it to completely carb reload and basically eat whatever else? I'm not on a timeline and I'm wondering if it would help energy levels for the final push of the diet. Sounds like a terrible idea...
    Last edited by KFeld; 07-15-2011 at 10:57 PM.

http://macromeme.com/dog/bamf-kid.html

What in the world? I've never heard of a 5-ish year old kid deadlifting competitively. Some kind of crazy these days!!

Back Relaxed beg of Sept.

Front Relaxed end of Aug.

Weight 167ish. Still holding water in those pictures. Waist 29", Chest 42", Arms 14.5", Quads 22.5"

Anyways, I've decided to switch back into a bulk, because was starting to lose significant muscle during my diet. I've also officially joined Metroflex Austin, and have been working with a trainer there on my training split and my diet. I've also been using my manager, a certified nutritionist to help tweak my diet as I progress.

Weight is currently up to 172 in the AM. Have been on this diet/split for 2 weeks now. Diet is as follows:

M1: 2 eggs, 8 egg whites, 1 Bagel
    M2: 1.5 Cups White Rice, 8oz chicken, 1/4 cup Italian dressing
    M3: 1.5 Cups White Rice, 8oz chicken, 1/4 cup Italian dressing
    M4: 8oz 90/10 Beef, 1 Large Sweet Potato, 1.5 cups Veggies
    M5: 1.5 Cups White Rice, 8oz chicken, 1/4 cup Italian dressing
    M6: 1 Banana, 1.5 TBSP Peanut Butter, 2 Scoops Casein Powder

Supplements: Multi / Fish Oil / Pre-workout/ Creatine / Leucine

No time-frame on a show yet, trainer thinks might be beneficial to do an experience show this winter, but unknown so far. Training split is as follows:

M: Chest/Bis
    Tu: Legs
    W: Off
    Th: Shoulders/Traps
    F: Back/Tris
    S / Su: Off

The style of training here at Metroflex is different than that of my previous trainer. Here they go by the "lift as heavy as you can by as many as you can" theory. Very old school BB style. Been doing it for a couple weeks and so far my numbers look like the following:

DB Flat Bench: 90s x 4
    Butt to calves squat: 225x6
    Safety Bar Squat: 315x8
    Deadlift: 315x4
    Rack Pulls: 315x6

Will try to update journal fairly regularly. Won't have any diet logs cause it's the same every day, but will try to update some videos/lift numbers on occasion. It's unreal how much time I spend cooking/eating every day though, so my free times usually limited. The goal is to hit roughly 215-220ish this bulk, but doing it very slowly. Maybe over the course of 16-18 months or so.

275x8 Deadlift Warmup, straps - no belt:

315x5 Deadlift, straps - no belt:

I've got rack pulls next week, but I'll belt up and shoot for 335, possibly 355 for a few.

Looking strong, but not a fan of that hitching motion you got!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Monthly pics. BDB

Wheels

Front Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Looking strong, but not a fan of that hitching motion you got!
    Thanks for stopping in man. Yeah, my trainer said the same thing about that hitch. I just started doing deadlifts once a week about a month ago, and prior to that all I've ever done was sumo-style a long time ago. I think my body is used to pulling the weight a shorter distance, and it's leaving me short at the top when the weight starts getting heavier. Something I've definitely gotta fix.

Hey, I'm back after a bit of an absence. I really have a hard time keeping up with my journal but it is what it is. My weight is back up to around 180 in the evening now, and I've done a bit of growing since the last time I posted. Here are some updated pics:

Front relaxed (last one I posted was w/ a pump, this is without:

Back Double Bi (Pumped, am 10lbs heavier now):

Chest measures 43.5"
    Waist 31.75"
    Arms 17" Pumped
    Quads 23.25"
    Calves 15"

Updated lifts:
    Box Squat: 385x1
    Deadlift: 405x1
    DB Bench: 100x8

First show is coming up this October, the NPC North Star in Minnesota. No longer trying to be "Natural Mr. Minnesota," instead decided the goal to be qualifying for Team Universe in a few years, an NPC Natural (a little more relaxed) National level show.
    Last edited by KFeld; 01-25-2012 at 10:33 AM.

House Lannister
    Arms and delts looking swole.

What do you mean by a little more "relaxed" natural show?
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 01-25-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks brother, good to hear from you. Stopped by ur page earlier, some pretty sick strength you've got going on, will for sure be following along!

It means that they still urine test you and polygraph you, but anything over the counter is fair game. That includes prohormones and other things of that nature. Idk, different shows have different promoters with different ban lists. From what I know of it, a lot of people actually use steroids and just try to cleanse it out of their system and beat the tests. I won't, but a lot of people do.

Anyways, I'm moving back to Minnesota tomorrow after spending the last 7 months down in Texas training at Metroflex Austin with the freaks. I worked with a national level bodybuilder for that span (he will be competing in the Team Universe this July), and some of the size/strength I saw down here was unmatched by anything I've ever seen. It was really an eye opening experience seeing people throw around 4 plates on the bench, or my trainer -who is natural- squatting 500x10 and deadlifting 600x1. Any mental barrier I've ever had was completely shattered, and I learned that there are no shortcuts in this sport. A lot of people try to find little gimmicks to get around their diet or their training, but in the end just busting your ass day in and day out while staying consistent is the key to success. I'm extremely sad to be leaving Austin and this gym, but it was impossible to turn down the job promotion offered to me.

Here is a picture of me with my trainer here - needed a full arm pump to even compete lol:

And another:

And one of him at the show that qualified him for Team U, to show how truly freaky he is:
    Last edited by KFeld; 01-25-2012 at 01:55 PM.

House Lannister
    so you are on PHs now then?

I disagree with your choice to compete in a natural competition when using hormone-affecting products, regardless if you can beat their piss test or not Sure, Team Universe has always been iffy when it comes to steroid use, but it masquerades as a natural competition when it has not been for quite a few years now. You competing in such an event just helps to fuel the charade, even if you dont use anything on the banned substance list. My opinion.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to use some more powerful substances, but if you're going to compete when using PHs or any AAS, do open NPC. Many OTC PHs have been proven to be more powerful than dbol and the like, while being less safe than the real deal. If you're on now, I'd just pin instead.

No I'm not, not yet, and I'm not trying to beat any system. All that stuffs too confusing for me, trying to "beat" tests and stuff. Any competition I do, whatever I take will follow the guidelines for that competition. If you have any information about the ban lists of NPC Natural shows I'd love to hear it, cause I honestly can't find much. Anything I've read has always said anything OTC is OK, which is why I said it was a bit more of a "relaxed" natural show - because a lot of people don't consider that natural at all, and truthfully I don't either... but thats OK with me! I would LIKE to start taking PH's, and I know they're all over several other organizations natural ban lists - which is why I'm not planning on doing any OCB, IFPA, INBF, WNBF, or NANBF shows.

I wouldn't say Team U is masquerading to be anything anymore. Don't you win a legit pro-card if you take the overall? I think it's pretty common knowledge that several of those competitors run cycles leading up to the show. Sure, that means that I'll probably never be able to compete at that level, but thats OK with me. Bodybuilding is about being the best YOU can be, so I'm not here to cheat anybody, I'm just here to take care of me.

House Lannister
    If it's not on the banned substance list and you take it--fair game. I just really have an issue with 'natural' shows that allow very powerful prohormones. VERY misleading to me--but that's not a problem with you, that's the organization. Hate the game and all that. Your initial post made it sound like you were going to try and run some shit before and beat the tests. Clearly that's not the case.

Trainers conditioning is very good. Sounds like Metroflex was a fun time. You have made some nice gains as well. Good luck.
    Last edited by chevelle2291; 01-25-2012 at 09:46 PM.