The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Powerlifting ....

Yesterday I was talking to a friend about exercises and I told him I was trying a program (HCT-12) that would require heavy lifting and he said while laughing good luck with the hemorroids and I ask him why and he responded that heavy lifting will cause them.

Is it true?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Garage Lifter
    This is straight from a medical text that I use for work:

"
    PATHOGENESIS ó The development of symptomatic hemorrhoids has been associated with advancing age, diarrhea, pregnancy, pelvic tumors, prolonged sitting, straining, and chronic constipation. The association with chronic constipation, however, was not supported in a large epidemiologic study.

The cause of symptomatic internal hemorrhoids is not completely understood, but three predominant theories have been advanced. The first theory posits that, with advancing age or aggravating conditions, the connective tissue which anchors hemorrhoids to the underlying sphincter mechanism deteriorates. Eventually, the weakly anchored hemorrhoids begin to bulge, and "slide" into the anal canal leading to progressive symptoms.

The second theory suggests that symptomatic hemorrhoids arise from hypertrophy or increased tone of the internal anal sphincter. During defecation, the fecal bolus forces the hemorrhoidal plexus against the internal sphincter, which causes them to enlarge and become symptomatic.

The third theory attributes the development of symptoms to swelling of the hemorrhoidal cushions. This theory assumes that the anatomic properties of the hemorrhoidal plexus are similar to those of erectile tissue. In support of this hypothesis is the observation that hemorrhoids regress following ligation of the hemorrhoidal arteries.

Several lines of evidence support or contradict each theory. However, the cause may be different in individual patients or multiple factors may coexist.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Garage Lifter
    IMO, while theoretically it could increase your chances, I'm not so sure it actually makes a difference. I'd be interested to hear what some of the really strong guys say.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Wannabebig Member
    No.

A low fiber diet, sitting for extended periods, and obesity causes asteroids.
    Asteroid prevention includes exercise, walking, and not reading the 70 new sex tips in your wife magazines while your taking a dump.

" Hemorrhoids can also be caused by anal intercourse, prolonged sitting or a sedentary lifestyle, lifting heavy weights, anal or rectal infection, obesity and eating a low-fiber diet."

Wannabebig Member
    To clarify...
    Exercise can be a contributing factor, if, one has an existing physiological or genetic condition.

There is a difference between cause, and contributing factor.

I believe, and this is only my opinion based on what I have been exposed to; if someone is going to get asteroids from exercising, they probably already had them. Maybe just not severe enough to notice.

LOL no it won't cause hemeroids. Your friend is scared of a little work.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym