The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Realistically...

How big can you get from all natural lifting? I ask because ive seen a lot of stuff on the net about what to expect to gain with lifting etc. And i was randomly browsing youtube for random videos and came across a few with John Cena. Now i like John Cena, but would you guys say that his shape and physique is attainable without the use of steroids and whatnot? Theres a few posts that say "ive been lifting for x years and saying john cena is all natural is bull" yada yada. So considering i am new to the lifestyle change, using John Cena as an example, is it possible to be as big as John Cena, or even bigger without the use of steroids?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would say it's possible if your willing to put in the work and have good genetics.
    But I believe cena is on roids like most wwe stars.
    Eat big. Sleep big. Lift big. Get big.

Yeah, I was just using cenas size as an example.

To have his degree of thickness and size while being that lean is essentially impossible naturally except for the genetically elite. You could be certainly be muscular and lean, but most people can't carry that degree of size and thickness while staying very lean naturally.

Banned
    The thing with being natural, is that the bigger you want to get, the more fat you are going to have. Genetics will always be a factor, but for ex. you at 6'2" might be able to get to 220-240 and be reasonably lean (8-12%) But a lot of times, if you are able to accept 14-18% BF then your potential weight/size will go up a lot.

The other thing to consider is that most people never even get close to their potential, and if they do, it will take decades to do so.

But its funny, nobody will ever admit they aren't natural. Once in a while you'll see a guy thats 5'8"' 280lbs and 6% BF. Natural my @$$. Everyone's perspective of what is attainable is pretty skewed

It depends on your genetics. The speculation is broad.

Look up some natural professional bodybuilders to get an idea.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    Look up the differences between natural and roided bodybuilders. Both are exceptionally lean, only the roid guy will be much thicker and wider all around. Its impossible to look like John Cena without roids for 99.9% of people.

Well, i was just curious, clearly it can be hard for a newbie to know whats achieveable and whats not.

Thanks for your guys input
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-21-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicia1 View Post
    Look up the differences between natural and roided bodybuilders. Both are exceptionally lean, only the roid guy will be much thicker and wider all around. Its impossible to look like John Cena without roids for 99.9% of people.
    While I know enough to know this is true - it really is refreshing to just see someone else say it as well....makes me happier with my physique overall.

This might help you.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html

Just remember, in many cases, size is an illusion. Way too many people go by weight which is stupid.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    This might help you.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html

Just remember, in many cases, size is an illusion. Way too many people go by weight which is stupid.
    Good point about size being an illusion. Last year when I dieted from 217 to 176 people were asking me what I was on and telling me I was getting huge at around 180 lol.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Good point about size being an illusion. Last year when I dieted from 217 to 176 people were asking me what I was on and telling me I was getting huge at around 180 lol.
    Lol, yea, exactly. Or in other cases, someone throws on a baggy shirt and people are asking him "are you okay? Are you sick?" because of how skinny their face is. As soon as the shirt comes off, it's like a whole new person.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Lol, yea, exactly. Or in other cases, someone throws on a baggy shirt and people are asking him "are you okay? Are you sick?" because of how skinny their face is. As soon as the shirt comes off, it's like a whole new person.
    Haha... I've had exactly that happen too. I had a light jacket on and some chick I hadn't seen in 6 months thought I had cancer. I didn't pull off the shirt though heh, just told her nope.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 01-21-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Haha... I've had exactly that happen too. I had a light jacket on and some chick I hadn't seen in 6 months thought I had cancer. I didn't pull off the shirt though heh, just told her nope.
    Lol! Yep, I brought it up because my manager pulled me aside at work once and asked me if I was okay, or if I was sick. I had to try and explain the whole process of my goals while we were getting slammed.