I'm having a problem. It seems since I started working out in a gym with a real routine that my bench press weight has gone no where but down... As you can see from my signature I used to be able to do 175 x 6. Today I barely managed 165 x 3. I'm about to finish my third week of the "Up Your Bench 30 Pounds in 30 Days" routine that can be found on these forums. I've seen nothing but good feedback about this routine, yet I don't feel like I'm making any progress at all with the bench. Any other triceps / chest focus exercise has been increasing for me, except for the bench press. Before I started going to the gym, I worked out at home. I benched 3 times a week as heavy as I could 3 x 5 and the only accessory I did was dumbbell rows. That's it, bench and rows, the only two things I did. My bench jumped from 115 to 170 in only three months. And this was without supplementation, without watching macros, and while dieting. Now I'm in a gym, with a real routine, HTC - 12, although currently doing this bench program, using supplementation, and eating everything in sight. I've gained 16 pounds in the last two months because I was afraid I wasn't eating enough, so I loaded up, and to my dismay it didn't help my bench at all. Although everything else is going up. Bench hasn't increased in atleast 2 - 3 months now. It's actually decreased.
Is it possible my body responds better to less work? Less volume? For example when I was only benching and doing rows my bench was shooting up, but when I switched to a real routine with more lifts and movements, and volume, my bench has suffered alot.
These are my supplements:
ETS: 4 in morning, 4 at night
RESULTS: Post workout because it negatively effects my workout performance.
Nitrean: Whenever I feel like I haven't had enough protein. Atleast one a day, 2 scoops.
Multi: 3 a day
Fish oil: 3 a day
Lastly, I also have a thyroid disease. These are some of the common symptoms:
- Tiredness, sluggishness (All the time) ...... I have this
- Pale dry skin ...... I have pale skin
- unexplained weight gain ...... Haven't experienced this yet
- Hard to loose weight ...... I lost 55 pounds a year and a half ago. It was a very hard struggle.
- Stiffness in shoulders and hips ...... I have VERY poor flexibility in shoulders and hips
- Muscle weakness especially in your lower extremities ...... Definitely have this
- Decreased release of thyroid hormone ..... I don't know thyroid hormone has any effect on the body or mucles, but the doctor has told me mine is definitely decreased.
I haven't been able to get any medication for my thyroid disorder because the doctor says it's not "severe" enough yet. But I'm going back next month hopefully.
Anyways, if anyone has tips or info for me please help me out. thank you all