The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Dynamic bench

Dynamic bench

I was reading an article about dynamic bench and people were doing three week waves, the first three would be regular dynamic bench work and the next three weeks after that was rep work, would this be helpful at all
    " though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you "
    FUSCULAR*(fus*ku-lar)adj.: A large person who is a combination of fat and extreme muscular mass.
    Height-5'9
    Weight- 205
    Age-21
    (Raw lifts) - BP-325 SQ-600+ DL-520
    My journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...art&highlight=

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

What was the intention behind it? Try it and see, if that is what you are trying to achieve. Nobody can give you a definitive answer based solely on what you have said.
    Last edited by -JM-; 01-29-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw

The article just was giving just different options so your body wouldn't become adapted as much to that type of training and I was just curious if that type of rotation would warrant and type of benefits or worth trying
    FUSCULAR*(fus*ku-lar)adj.: A large person who is a combination of fat and extreme muscular mass.
    Height-5'9
    Weight- 205
    Age-21

Banned
    Im not a fan of repetition work in place of DE work. DE stuff is just plain simple and can work very well with little modifications. Lower reps is the way to go to get speed/technique down. If you want RE work, just do it after the DE work. RE work is typically not done on squat, bench, or deadlifts, but instead on accessory moves. Check out the "repetition effort" thread, because a lot of the confusion on RE work is addressed there.

But ya, I think most people do three week waves. The weight on the bar doesn't matter so much. Its just the speed and quality that matter the most. Lately, ive been doing 3 weeks straigh weight waved, and then 3 weeks with bands waved.

Ok thanks for the advice dan
    Height-5'9
    Weight- 205
    Age-21

Quote Originally Posted by Bosshogg300 View Post
    The article just was giving just different options so your body wouldn't become adapted as much to that type of training and I was just curious if that type of rotation would warrant and type of benefits or worth trying
    There would be merit in using the RE work for a week or two to give your joints break.
    This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy - George Bernard Shaw