The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Need advice

Wannabebig Member

Need advice

I am 37yrs old 6'2 216lbs and i've been lifting my butt off but having hard time to gain weight. I have a very physical job which makes it tough to keep weight on. Any advice on what to do. I just want to get to 225-230 where i used to be.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by npalmieri View Post
    I am 37yrs old 6'2 216lbs and i've been lifting my butt off but having hard time to gain weight. I have a very physical job which makes it tough to keep weight on. Any advice on what to do. I just want to get to 225-230 where i used to be.
    Eat more than you're eating now. Whatever you're eating isn't enough to move the scale so its realllyyy simple. Eat more.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Garage Lifter
    are you tracking what you eat? the easy answer is to eat more. are you skipping meals?
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Banned
    In addition to what they are saying, you might want to cut back on your volume for a bit. If you have a physical job, and are killing yourself in the gym, you might be overdoing it.

Banned
    Can't find time to eat more? Add half/gal of whole milk per day.

Milk is gods nectar for weight gain. For me at least

Eat more or move less.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Focus on eating calorie-dense foods, and look for food that you can bring with you to work and eat on your breaks. Things like natural peanut butter sandwiches work great for this.

Another good way to gain weight is to eat immediately before bed (tall glass of milk, etc.).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Adding some olive oil to stuff is a great way to add calories. Just don't add too much too soon, as you'll be crapping out more that you're taking in.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Wannabebig Member
    Whats a good protein powder to take? I just got introduced to syntha 6 and it tastes great but has 60mg of cholesterol per scoop...

Whats a good protein powder to take? I just got introduced to syntha 6 and it tastes great but has 60mg of cholesterol per scoop...
    Check out Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrition. Just click the link in my signature.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Track what you eat. Add more to it while continuing to track to be assured you are accurate. Going off "feel" will never work in a situation like this.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

When I was adding weight I had a huge calorie dense breakfast and ate well all the way till bed time.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Wannabebig Member

update

Just an update that i used all the advice i was given and its workin. I'm killin the milk and found out that oatmeal can be eaten w/o bein cooked. Couple handfuls throughout the day chased w/ milk or water is quick and filling. The scale is moving upward. Thanks.

Hey buddy,
    You should have some foods like chicken breast and cheese also along with your meal and increase your meal on daily basis... I think that you should have some rice and also some nutritious foods also..... That would help you more.....